For all you who thought I was nuts saying the M2 was bad

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike you kept saying how good the Matrix Reloaded was doing so I must be wrong in saying it was a huge dissapointment.

Well I wouldn't have believed me on opening weekend either but the week 2 box office results don't lie. It's sinking like a rock.

I mean, getting beat out by Bruce Almighty, give me a break. These Hollywood sites rarley come clean as it can hurt their advertising revenue, so the rational is somewhat weak.

Reality is M 2 was not good (terrible in comparison to the first one which was stunning) and after a week, enough people heard that and decided to skip it until it comes out on DVD. I just hope M3 is back up to standard as I loved the first one.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/articles/news/?id=030526ba.htm

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember saying it was good over and over...I said I liked it, but could see how others don't.

Doesn't mean no one likes it, it just means it made so much money on the first weekend, that most people saw it already.

It still did $45 million this weekend...that is hardly bad at all.

Mike

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by nidan
Mike you kept saying how good the Matrix Reloaded was doing so I must be wrong in saying it was a huge dissapointment.

Well I wouldn't have believed me on opening weekend either but the week 2 box office results don't lie. It's sinking like a rock.

I mean, getting beat out by Bruce Almighty, give me a break. These Hollywood sites rarley come clean as it can hurt their advertising revenue, so the rational is somewhat weak.

Reality is M 2 was not good (terrible in comparison to the first one which was stunning) and after a week, enough people heard that and decided to skip it until it comes out on DVD. I just hope M3 is back up to standard as I loved the first one.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/articles/news/?id=030526ba.htm

That's a load. Give me a break. Matrix will probably be 2nd again next week, assuming Nemo breaks out. The thing with Bruce Almighty is that for 3 weeks, there have been only three real choices for movies--Matrix, Bruce and X2. That's it. The last film to consistently last at #1 during the summer was maybe back with Jurassic Park in 1993. It's already now the highest grosser of the summer.

Don't you think this patting yourself on the back stuff is getting old?

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: For all you who thought I was nuts saying the M2 was bad

Originally posted by Chaplin
That's a load. Give me a break. Matrix will probably be 2nd again next week, assuming Nemo breaks out. The thing with Bruce Almighty is that for 3 weeks, there have been only three real choices for movies--Matrix, Bruce and X2. That's it. The last film to consistently last at #1 during the summer was maybe back with Jurassic Park in 1993. It's already now the highest grosser of the summer.

Don't you think this patting yourself on the back stuff is getting old?

Exactly Chap, you stole my thunder, I was about to post the same thing...people have been dying for a Jim Carrey type movie, that's why it did so well.

Down with Love was a romantic comedy, sure, but not like Bruce, and also it came out on the same weekend as Reloaded.

Nidan, LOTS of people like the movie, and LOTS of people don't like it...do you really think the movie dropping 59% is somehow proving your point?

Mike

OP
OP
N

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course people liked it, I liked it (kind of), it's just that it was a huge dissapointment compared to the first one.

I mean don't you think the figh scenes have got a bit like the old Batman TV show? They go on forever, nobody gets hurt until theve been hit over and over again?

Why pin sombodies arm to the wall, when you could have pinned them to the walll and ended that opponent? The answer is, so we can have another 10 mins of repeatative fight scene.

In the first move the fight scenes were always different, in this it seems like it the same thing over and over again.

Why play footsie with Smiths for 10 mins when he could have pulled a Superman and left in the first place.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by nidan

In the first move the fight scenes were always different, in this it seems like it the same thing over and over again.

Of course, they wouldn't have seemed so different had the audience seen any classic Hong Kong wire-fu action movies... That kind of action might have been new to Americans, but it's been around for a long time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22