Frank Zappa's "Baby Snakes"

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
My wife gave me the Frank Zappa film called "Baby Snakes (a movie about people who do stuff that is not normal)" for Christmas and I thought it was such a unique work that it warranted mention here. The DVD packaging is fabulous with its deluxe miniature folder on Zappa and the film, and the sound and picture seem about as good as they could be under the circumstances. Undeniable are Zappa's intelligence and charisma. While the concert sequences are fascinating, Bruce Bickford's clamation has to be seen to be believed. Nobody makes clay do such dastardly things as Bickford. The music sequences are fun to watch for reasons other than the usual musical entertainment. Watching FZ orchestrate by pointing to his band members made me smile. Terry Bozzio is amazing... how he just pounds the drums with no mercy while showing incredible finesse.

In short, if you are into the wierdness of FZ and those he associated with, then you will enjoy this movie.. if you are only into the music and the music's wierdness, then you may have parts that you do not like. If you don't like FZ, you won't like this.

Baby Snakes offers alternative entertainment for anyone bold enough to give it a spin.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22