Free Agency

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
I know we have the combines and reports on various college kids, but when does free agency start.. when is the first day to bring FA's in and sign them? that is when the excitment starts to happen?
go cards..

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I believe March 3rd is the start of free agency. For some reason the NFL keeps moving back the start of it. Not long ago it use to start around the 15 of Febuary. This will be a very interesting year to see what the Cardinals do in free agency. With about 30 million to spend and going into a new stadium I expect more this year than normal.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know we have the combines and reports on various college kids, but when does free agency start
You're thinking in the right direction.

If you buy into Dennis' and Rod's "best player on board" drafting philosophy, logically, we should be filling key position needs in free agency to remove the pressure and temptation to reach for need during the draft.

The practical application of this strategy would be: If we need a couple of dominant linemen (at any of the 5 positions because we can always shift the other guys we've got around), and can land both in free agency, we won't have to pass up a highly regarded QB, RB or NT draft pick in order to plug a hole at tackle, center or guard.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Improtant Dates for this offseason:

2006 NFL Offseason Calendar

February 12 - AFC-NFC Pro Bowl - Honolulu

February 22 - 28 - Scouting Combine - Indianapolis

February 23 - Waiver system begins
- Deadline (4:00 p.m. ET) for clubs to
designate Franchise & Transition players

March 2 - Expiration date of all player contracts
due to expire in 2006