Game Thread: Suns @ Mavericks, January 4, 2012

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Phoenix Suns (2-3) @ Dallas Mavericks (2-4)

Game 6 for Phoenix.

C: Marcin Gortat ... Brendan Haywood
PF: Channing Frye ... Dirk Nowitzki
SF: Grant Hill ... Shawn Marion
SG: Jared Dudley ... Delonte West
PG: Steve Nash ... Jason Kidd

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are not the only team getting old.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Suns were outscored by 7 points in 5 minutes that Nash rested, and that's pretty much the difference right now. The Suns offense still struggling. The Mavs aren't shooting any better but they are getting more opportunities with 13 offensive rebounds at half time. Warrick is hurting the Suns on the boards. Morris picked up 3 fouls in 5 minutes.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's shocking how one of the best shooting teams in the league has became one of the worst shooting teams in the course of a year.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe I talked myself into watching this game. I'm going to go gouge my eyes out now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turnovers and rebounding is killing the Suns.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lopez has the worst jumping timing I have seen in a long time. He went up twice for a rebound.....once he jumped way to early....and the second time watched the ball like he was stuck in the mud and jumped way too late.

Watching this team is like watching paint dry.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suns outscore Dallas by 11 with Nash on the floor. Suns outscored by Dallas by 20 in 11 minutes he was on the bench. Price -7 in 5 minutes. Telfair -13 in 6.5 minutes. Same old story.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns might want to consider playing Childress at SG instead of Brown. It couldn't get any worse.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
On the bright side, we have the same record as the Knicks lol.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Way too many offensive rebounds given up and did the Suns read in the scouting report that Terry is a bad shooter or something?

Cause they were leaving him wide open from 3 all game and he made em pay big.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
That might change.:bang:
Can we change our name to the Phoenix Brickhouse?

Doubt it.

The Suns will get their shooting back. It's inevitable. And it will make them just good enough to hover below .500 and get a late lottery pick.

Yay!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can we just trade Nash to the Knicks already so we can watch him and Amare have some fun together? this season is such a waste of time.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
can we just trade Nash to the Knicks already so we can watch him and Amare have some fun together? this season is such a waste of time.

Unfortunately, the Knicks have no assets to trade back to the Suns... all their money is in Carmello, Amare & Tyson. After that their salaries are all very small... they'd have to trade us about 9 players to get close to Nash's salary.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I don't get why everyone is so frustrated. Just enjoy this short season and the final season for Nash with the Suns. For those expecting a ring, wake up.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't get why everyone is so frustrated. Just enjoy this short season and the final season for Nash with the Suns. For those expecting a ring, wake up.

I'm with you.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Can Channing Frye go back to Tucson? If he's not hitting 3's, he is a huge liability. He's 6'10" and he can't rebound, I can't comprehend that....

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can Channing Frye go back to Tucson? If he's not hitting 3's, he is a huge liability. He's 6'10" and he can't rebound, I can't comprehend that....

Robert Sarver definitely needs to be included. :)

Actually, I like Frye's effort. IMO, he is just not a starting PF.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the Knicks have no assets to trade back to the Suns... all their money is in Carmello, Amare & Tyson. After that their salaries are all very small... they'd have to trade us about 9 players to get close to Nash's salary.

trades don't have to be so close to match salaries anymore, right? try to line-up a couple players to get close to Nash (who I think is only making 11 million per) and get a future unprotected 1st round pick like in two years (2014), when Nash will be long gone and Amare's knees and Chandler's back are kaput. forward thinking, long-term rebuild.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake