Game Thread: Suns vs. Pistons

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Great start by Joe Johnson. He beat three Pistons defenders on that last drive.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
What's up with all these turnovers? I think that's the 8th one and still in the first quarter.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That first quarter alone is enough reason to fire from Johnson. What the hell happened? The Phoenix Suns were doing great, and all of a sudden he went with a small lineup against a big team. It only took about four minutes for the Pistons to take the lead.

I have absolutely no idea what Frank Johnson was thinking with those lineups. We had three guards, a relatively small small forward, and an undersized Center (Little Jake) out there against one of the biggest teams in the NBA.

Going to the bench to preserve your starters is a good idea, but I don't want to see Joe Johnson trying to guard an offensively gifted Center.

Joe Mama

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Sure, but check out the lineup right now:

White/Voskuhl/Hardaway/Jacobsen/Barbosa

Two centers and three guards. :rolleyes:

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Going to the bench to preserve your starters is a good idea, but I don't want to see Joe Johnson trying to guard an offensively gifted Center.

Yeah, it's really almost a shame. Joe is finally playing a good game, and FJ basically forces him out of the flow by putting him in a position to pick up a foul. I know he has confidence in JJ's defense, but he's 6'8.

BTW, I just heard we could get FJ's clipboard from tonight on suns.com. I'd like it if they didn't erase anything he wrote on there. I'd like to see what he draws up. For the pure comedy of it, I mean.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by matt_whitlock
Yeah, it's really almost a shame. Joe is finally playing a good game, and FJ basically forces him out of the flow by putting him in a position to pick up a foul. I know he has confidence in JJ's defense, but he's 6'8.

BTW, I just heard we could get FJ's clipboard from tonight on suns.com. I'd like it if they didn't erase anything he wrote on there. I'd like to see what he draws up. For the pure comedy of it, I mean.

I thought it was Frank Johnson's tie. Perhaps I heard incorrectly.

Is Zarko injured again? Why is Marbury Garden Hamilton every time?

Joe Mama

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
And we thought rebounding more would get us wins... More rebounding isn't doing jack for us!

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Why are we always fouling so much? Why are they not moving around on offense?

We are playing at home and the Pistons have 23 freethrows before halftime compared to 6 for us.

And I swear that is not the first time this season than Hardaway comits a foul at the end of a quarter that gives the other team 2 freethrows.

Last edited:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm saying this, but where the hell is Tom Gugliotta? Right now we have the following lineup on the floor.

Stephon Marbury
Barbosa
Hardaway
Shawn Marion
Amare Stoudemire

They are going against...

Chauncey Billups
Richard Hamilton
Prince
Corliss Williamson
Ben Wallace

I am so sick and tired of small ball. I really did not think we would see this much of it.

Joe Mama

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What happens if we lose this? Is Bryan going to just shrug it off like always, or will the pressure get to him? Or will he not even feel any pressure?

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
What a crappy half for PHX.

Reaching on D like I've never seen before. Tired, tired, tired. This team is sucking gas and we're barely into the season.

Someone needs to light a fire under their ass. Mike Tyson needs to go in the locker room and bite somebodys ear.

The chemistry on this team sucks. The conditioning on this team sucks.

Someone tell this team that Detroit played in L.A. last night.

Wish list:

- Shawn Marion not take a jumper further than 15 feet for the rest of the year.

- Marbury feed the ball into Amare at least 10 times per game.

- Someone other than Jake Voskuhl dive for loose balls.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
What happens if we lose this? Is Bryan going to just shrug it off like always, or will the pressure get to him? Or will he not even feel any pressure?

I wouldn't count on any changes unless it gets really bad.

Isn't it just the Phoenix Suns luck that White injured his hand? I was looking forward to having three centers that would all get some playing time.

Joe Mama

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
I wouldn't count on any changes unless it gets really bad.

Joe Mama

I'm starting to think this IS really bad. We've got a team that can't shoot, has no motivation, chemistry is shot, and to top it all off, we're being mentioned in the same breath as the Clippers as the worst team in the Western Conference.

WE all know that we have talent on this team, certainly more than the Clippers, and more than 3/4 of the conference. So what's the problem?

We're not going to win when JJ is guarding Ben Wallace. Period. And who makes the decision to go that route? Frank Johnson.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
If I'm FJ, I start using the bench to get players attention.

First one to it is Shawn Marion. Let him sit for a couple games and have time to reflect. It may do him some good.

His energy is gone. Where did it go? Is he hitting the wall at an early age? Or, is he just evolving into a different player, ala Dan Majerle?

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think White hurt us a lot in the 1st half. He bumbled about 5 rebounds and a few passes. It's hard to rebound with one hand.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
come on boys - hold it together for another 6 minutes - gotta win this one - nice to see Amare becoming a glass eater - keep pounding the boards!

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Pistons up by 5 with less of a minute to go. Makes the 5th game we let slip away in the last minute. :rolleyes:
3-6 if no miracle happens in the last 55 seconds.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Pitiful. Embarassing. Directionless.

Marbury should have stayed home. His defense is really, really bad.

How many times did he feed Amare? ZERO.

I see trouble ahead. RE: Kevin Garnett.

No one questions Marbury's O. He can fill it up with the best of them. He's been given the reigns to become a leader on this team. He's failed to deliver this season.

He doesn't get anybody involved. If anybody needs help, it's Marion and JJ. Marbury doesn't seem one bit interested in getting them going. It's been all about Marbury this year.

Don't blame any of this sh** on FJ, either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05