Game Thread: Suns vs. Spurs

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I gotta say Suns by 3, behind a stupendous performance by Stephon Marbury.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just want to see some basketball!!!!!!!! So psyched the game in on TNT tonight so I get to atcually watch it in Los Angeles.

I say Suns by 4 - ruining the ring night for the defending chumps (who we would have beaten if Marbs was healthy).

By the way, Chap - I remember a while back you mentioning something about organizating a time for the Los Angeles Suns fans to get together and either go to a game against the Clips/Lakes or get together some other way -is that still kicking around in your head, cause I'm defintely down.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns by 6. Without Tony Parker, it becomes very easy to double down on Duncan.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I have the uncomfortable feeling our rebounding weakness will show it's ugly head again!! Also, we have been dropping way off the three shooters!! I am feeling we are in for a let down year!! Or that could just be general malaise of being a Charger and Dback fan!! :D

Tank

Wifi Guru
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
I gotta say Suns by 3, behind a stupendous performance by Stephon Marbury.

That will not be the case. Marbury is on my fantasy team so he will suck it up tonight. :( Unfortunately.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Phoenix 100 Spurs 83

Amare 32pts 15reb 4blk
Marbury 20pts 13ast
Marion 17pts 10reb 3ast 4stl
Johnson 14pts 5reb 4ast

:D

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tank
That will not be the case. Marbury is on my fantasy team so he will suck it up tonight. :( Unfortunately.

If there is any team that Marbury statistically destroys, it's the San Antonio Spurs, and now that Tony Parker isn't even starting (Anthony Carter probably will), that just means that Marbury is going to have it even easier out there!

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef

By the way, Chap - I remember a while back you mentioning something about organizating a time for the Los Angeles Suns fans to get together and either go to a game against the Clips/Lakes or get together some other way -is that still kicking around in your head, cause I'm defintely down.

Absolutely! We should probably plan to get something set up here soon--that way we can get the guys to actually commit! :D

You, me, Eric, Se7en, there are a bunch more guys in LA too, so we should definitely set something up.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely! We should probably plan to get something set up here soon--that way we can get the guys to actually commit! :D

You, me, Eric, Se7en, there are a bunch more guys in LA too, so we should definitely set something up.

You know about that fiasco that happened over at PHXSUNS.NET - what if we e-mailed that guy who was giving out vouchers for home games and saw what he coujld do about getting us group tix for a Clippers/Suns game out here - it might work.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
You know about that fiasco that happened over at PHXSUNS.NET - what if we e-mailed that guy who was giving out vouchers for home games and saw what he coujld do about getting us group tix for a Clippers/Suns game out here - it might work.

Interesting idea, but I would say the odds are stacked against us! :D

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
and now that Tony Parker isn't even starting (Anthony Carter probably will),

Yup, and my Australian breth'ran Shane Heal is backing him up. :cool:

This guy's a real tough competitor (wanted to go Barkley at the Olympics in in '92) and can get super hot from the arc if he makes his first couple. He'll give a good account of himself no doubt.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I hate predicting games. I always suck at it. I want us to win, I think we can win, something inside tells me we wont, and it drives me nuts. Makes it hard to talk smack, too, when somethings gnawing at you telling you you might lose. I NEED CONFIDENCE!

Oh, and anyways, I have to go to my internship tonight, so Im going to miss the game.

CRAP!

BMF

Rookie
Reaction score
Originally posted by the3rdside
Yup, and my Australian breth'ran Shane Heal is backing him up. :cool:

This guy's a real tough competitor (wanted to go Barkley at the Olympics in in '92) and can get super hot from the arc if he makes his first couple. He'll give a good account of himself no doubt.

Yeah, this game will be bitter sweat for me. I want suns to win, but I also want Shane to rip us apart. Im not sure what his minutes will be like though.....

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I say the Suns by 12 and Duncan will have a tripple double
105 Suns
93 SanTone

Give them hell guys... I will be in class checking my cell phone for the score....

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

don't forget about those of us in the OC. it's not all going to incredible high school beach parties with amazing chicks in skimpy outfits and fights amongst the surfer dudes. i need some suns too. count me in.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Its on TnT tonight, not espn

Nope - even though it's a tnt program, espn is the channel that we'll be watching it on over here. We only have espn and fox sports one and two.

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
It could go either way......... Suns play "skill ball" with 3 guards & 2 forwards :confused: and loose by 3....... Suns play team ball with 5 positions and they'll win by 3 :D

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Well, I guess Bibby still has his excellent communication and grammatical skills...