George Karl comments on the best team in California

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I just saw this on ESPN. They asked George Karl who is the best team in California (now that Shaq left). Karl said, "I like the Phoenix Suns! They play the best ball with speeds of fast, faster, and fastest." He also said the Suns will win the Pacific Division this year! :thumbup:

myrondizzo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
King A said:
did i miss something and did california conquer arizona or what??
pretty much with all the building going on around here its quickly becoming an extension of cali.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
he basically said that he liked phoenix over any of the cali teams. :thumbup:

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I saw that too. It's been a while since they were talking about the Suns like that. Probably 10 years.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
myrondizzo said:
pretty much with all the building going on around here its quickly becoming an extension of cali.

That's no kidding. I live in a new neighborhood in Goodyear and half the license plates are California.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've lived in Sacramento area for two years after spending 30 years in Phoenix and another year in Flagstaff. I can affirm California is an alien planet where humans are in the minority.

If you ever start to feel yourself transforming into a neo-Californian, here are some helpful preventative measures:

- Avoid In-and-Out burger shops. A better alternative is Whataburger. I would kill for a fresh, greasy mustard burger right now! They also happen to be a long-time Suns sponsor.

- While in traffic, make every attempt to drive slower than Warp 12. Also, smiles and civil behavior towards merging cars are encouraged. Gun shots are not.

- Never vote for an actor for any political office.

- Make an effort to inform yourself about sports teams beyond your focus. Learn about the affliction called myopia and attempt to give respect to successful teams that are not your own. This should be your mantra: "LA is not the center of the universe." I suggest repeating it over and over again while smoking a cigarette in a public bar.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Gaddabout said:
- Avoid In-and-Out burger shops. A better alternative is Whataburger. I would kill for a fresh, greasy mustard burger right now! They also happen to be a long-time Suns sponsor.
We now have In and outs in AZ

Gaddabout said:
- While in traffic, make every attempt to drive slower than Warp 12. Also, smiles and civil behavior towards merging cars are encouraged. Gun shots are not..
Not possible with all the road rage going on

Gaddabout said:
- Never vote for an actor for any political office...
McCain is almost an actor.

Gaddabout said:
- Make an effort to inform yourself about sports teams beyond your focus. Learn about the affliction called myopia and attempt to give respect to successful teams that are not your own. This should be your mantra: "LA is not the center of the universe." I suggest repeating it over and over again while smoking a cigarette in a public bar.
Welcome to ASFN = aka Suns world :)

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Gaddabout said:
I've lived in Sacramento area for two years after spending 30 years in Phoenix and another year in Flagstaff. I can affirm California is an alien planet where humans are in the minority.
Where in Sac do you live?

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
StatsAmare said:
i just wanted to try out my new sig.
OMG not sure how long you can keep it but that is just great if you could also add a Lakers logo that would work also . :biglaugh:

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alan said:
Where in Sac do you live?
Rancho Cambodia. High crime district. If you need pharmaceutical help, I'm sure my neighbors can assist you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05