Good Game - Go Panthers

hepcat

Reaction score
This was exactly the kind of game I was expecting today. The Cardinals torched the Panthers secondary, but in the end it was the Panthers running game that kept them in it. Deangelo Williams showed a lot this afternoon breaking through some tackles and showing some power. Steve Smith was amazing as usual, and Delhomme didn't turn the ball over. That formula usually equals a Panthers win. The Cardinals defense couldn't slow down the Panthers running game when it counted and that was the X factor in this game. I was really worried when the game was 17-3, but I had a feeling the Panthers still had fight left in them. So take your sour loser shots here (I've already gotten a couple) or show some class. I still think the Cardinals have a playoff caliber team and it wouldn't suprise me if the Panthers and Cardinals met in the playoffs. Good luck with the rest of your season. GO PANTHERS!!!

BTW - Larry Fitz and Boldin are probably the best recieving duo in the NFL.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't come in here expecting respect when the refs handed your team the game. TD call that was challenged should not have counted the game turned from that point. Oh and you barely beat us with us on the road and the refs helping...yeah you must feel real good about your sqeaker win!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't come in here expecting respect when the refs handed your team the game.
What the hell are you talking about? The Cards lost this game in the second half with poor tackling. Don't blame the refs.

The Cards played a good game, and I think proved they're a playoff-calibre team, but they need to play smarter. I think they're getting better every week (despite this loss). But make no mistake, the Cardinals lost this game themselves--the refs had nothing to do with it.

OP
OP
H

hepcat

Reaction score
Don't come in here expecting respect when the refs handed your team the game. TD call that was challenged should not have counted the game turned from that point. Oh and you barely beat us with us on the road and the refs helping...yeah you must feel real good about your sqeaker win!

Dude...quit being a sore loser. Bitch and moan about the refs all you want, but that's not the only reason you lost. That call could have gone either way, the ref was standing on the sideline during the original play AND it was reviewed, so shut it. Warner threw and INT in the redzone and your defense couldn't tackle my grandma in the second half. That's why the Cards lost. Fans like you suck.

PS - It's not like the Panthers haven't had bad calls against them. That Smith call wasn't even that blatent. Peppers was fined this year for a helmet to helmet hit on Matt Ryan where his shoulder GRAZED his helmet. On that play Ryan threw an INT that was ran back for a TD, and Peppers was flagged for a personal foul and was fined. The play was garbage and the announcers even said that. I could go on and on but that's just part of the game and it goes both ways.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Panthers have a great running game, but I say the Cards defense playing poorly was the reason. I would have liked to see the Cards Offense get one more shot, but that 3rd and 13 run... What's annoying is Carolina calls the play thinking, 'ok lets run it, run some clock off, and pin their offense back' and we hand them the win. Argh.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The tackling on that play was pathetic. Make sure by knocking Smith on his ass and you don't have to worry about the official.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
The tackling on that play was pathetic. Make sure by knocking Smith on his ass and you don't have to worry about the official.

Have they forgotten the Marion Barber 70 yard screen from 10/12 already?

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the hell are you talking about? The Cards lost this game in the second half with poor tackling. Don't blame the refs.

The Cards played a good game, and I think proved they're a playoff-calibre team, but they need to play smarter. I think they're getting better every week (despite this loss). But make no mistake, the Cardinals lost this game themselves--the refs had nothing to do with it.

Agreed. We overcame those calls when they went in Dallas's favor, and we could have done that this week. We were close and made a real game out of it. We got beat by a very good team in their own house. If we had played them here, we would have beat them handily. Now is the time to move on to the next game in St. Louis. That is where we have to show we are the class of this division.

Spielman

Non-Troll Rams Fan
Reaction score
Dude...quit being a sore loser. Bitch and moan about the refs all you want, but that's not the only reason you lost. That call could have gone either way, the ref was standing on the sideline during the original play AND it was reviewed, so shut it. Warner threw and INT in the redzone and your defense couldn't tackle my grandma in the second half. That's why the Cards lost. Fans like you suck.

Honestly, what do you expect, coming in and talking right after these guys had to swallow a really tough loss? Nobody's at their best. You can act like you're taking the high road, but jumping in to tell people to shut it and that they suck... that's not the high road anymore.

OP
OP
H

hepcat

Reaction score

I agree. Smith should have been shoved out of bounds but he somehow managed to stay at least CLOSE to the sideline. I mean I'm a Panther fan and I thought originally that he must have been WAY out. But looking closer it looks like his heel might not have touched out. Also there was a divit taken out of the ground where Smith's foot hit, and the divit was all in bounds. I can't argue, the ref originally called him in, and they even reviewed it. Plays like that have gone against the Panthers many times.

But the major sticking point for the Cardinals was very poor tackling. The pass offense did MORE than enough to win the game for the Cardinals, but poor tackling let the Panthers run game get on track. I think that should be a problem that is very fixable.

OP
OP
H

hepcat

Reaction score
Honestly, what do you expect, coming in and talking right after these guys had to swallow a really tough loss? Nobody's at their best. You can act like you're taking the high road, but jumping in to tell people to shut it and that they suck... that's not the high road anymore.

Whenever a fan says that the refs handed the game to x team it just makes me mad. That's the most garbage excuse for your team losing you can cough up. What do you want me to do? Say oh yeah...the Panthers should have lost blah blah. NO! There are many reasons the Panthers won and the Cardinals lost outside of the refs.

And I'm here to say I think you guys have a really talented team. I was here all week talking football with knowledge and class, and I understand that it's hard to take this loss. But the Cardinals will learn from it and you will be in the playoffs.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can act like you're taking the high road, but jumping in to tell people to shut it and that they suck... that's not the high road anymore.
There were a lot of classy Panthers' fans here over the week; I don't think Hepcat was one of them. I think you nailed it in that he like to think he is, but then he'll let slip some crap that reveals his true nature.

Sorry, Hepcat, that's just my take on it...has been since you came out with the "real run defense" crap.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Whenever a fan says that the refs handed the game to x team it just makes me mad. That's the most garbage excuse for your team losing you can cough up. What do you want me to do? Say oh yeah...the Panthers should have lost blah blah. NO! There are many reasons the Panthers won and the Cardinals lost outside of the refs.

And I'm here to say I think you guys have a really talented team. I was here all week talking football with knowledge and class, and I understand that it's hard to take this loss. But the Cardinals will learn from it and you will be in the playoffs.

The refs are just easier for some to blame.

OP
OP
H

hepcat

Reaction score
There were a lot of classy Panthers' fans here over the week; I don't think Hepcat was one of them. I think you nailed it in that he like to think he is, but then he'll let slip some crap that reveals his true nature.

Sorry, Hepcat, that's just my take on it...has been since you came out with the "real run defense" crap.

Crap? Sorry, call me classless but I was right. Cardinals couldn't tackle and the Panthers won because of the run game. :p

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Who the other team was is not relevant but it's also complete garbage to suggest that any other team does not get that call.

We had the exact same call go against us last time we played, you could not tell yet they reversed it.

Later evidence showed he wasn't out and still this time it also goes against us the exact other way.

I have no problem with the Panthers and I'm not saying it's the only reason we lost but don't anyone dare say that call was legit, it was not.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no problem with the Panthers and I'm not saying it's the only reason we lost but don't anyone dare say that call was legit, it was not.
I completely disagree. Full speed I thought he was out, but upon review, his toe was in and his heel never touched out. Seemed clear to me.

Tackle better and it's a non-issue.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
This was exactly the kind of game I was expecting today. The Cardinals torched the Panthers secondary, but in the end it was the Panthers running game that kept them in it. Deangelo Williams showed a lot this afternoon breaking through some tackles and showing some power. Steve Smith was amazing as usual, and Delhomme didn't turn the ball over. That formula usually equals a Panthers win. The Cardinals defense couldn't slow down the Panthers running game when it counted and that was the X factor in this game. I was really worried when the game was 17-3, but I had a feeling the Panthers still had fight left in them. So take your sour loser shots here (I've already gotten a couple) or show some class. I still think the Cardinals have a playoff caliber team and it wouldn't suprise me if the Panthers and Cardinals met in the playoffs. Good luck with the rest of your season. GO PANTHERS!!!

Did you watch the game? I guess you forgot the fumble. It was a good game, if the cards don't turn it over they win. But they did, we lost to the better team today.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crap? Sorry, call me classless but I was right. Cardinals couldn't tackle and the Panthers won because of the run game. :p

The Panthers won because of Steve Smith, exactly as I said before the game.

The guy just absolutely kills us, again and again.

It really sucks for me, because he's my third favorite WR in the league (behind Boldin and Fitz.)

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score

I'm sorry but weren't you the one that said that Carolina would shut down Arizonas passing game? Doesn't a fumble count as a turnover? If Arrington would have caught that pass you probably would have never made it back here.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I completely disagree. Full speed I thought he was out, but upon review, his toe was in and his heel never touched out. Seemed clear to me.

I don't think could tell. To know for sure, we'd need either a shot down the line or overhead. I don't think you could tell either way, but I think it was practically impossible for him to have NOT stepped out there, but it was inconclusive so there's no way it could be overturned from our angles we saw.

Tackle better and it's a non-issue.

Absolutely, and this is the biggest thing to take away from this game. Tackling was, and has been, atrocious. Barber's big gainer last week was also terrible on a play where they were just trying to get a first down.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I don't think could tell. To know for sure, we'd need either a shot down the line or overhead. I don't think you could tell either way, but I think it was practically impossible for him to have NOT stepped out there, but it was inconclusive so there's no way it could be overturned from our angles we saw.

Absolutely, and this is the biggest thing to take away from this game. Tackling was, and has been, atrocious. Barber's big gainer last week was also terrible on a play where they were just trying to get a first down.
Tackling, tackling, tackling. It seems to be getting worse instead of better.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
tackling was bad no doubt, BUT don't tell me giving the other team a TD on a play that was clearly out of bounds didn't affect the team, from then on we were playing trying not to screw up instead of being in attack mode. Hep your the fan that comes around trying to rub peoples faces in a loss that was tainted how do you think we should greet you. We got screwed but whatever even with the refs help they barely beat us, hope this pisses the team off eventually they will be mad enough they are gonna kill some team!