Gotta feel sorry for the Cowboys....

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The Cowboys could lose 100 in a row and I would enjoy each one more that the last.

Cardiholic

Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't feel sorry for them if they lost out the rest of the year. And next year, and the year after, and the year after that. Maybe the next year after that I might not laugh as hard.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Jerry Jones called the network and had them pull the plug on their game?

Not beyond the realm of possibilties.

NuttinButTDs

Registered
Reaction score
The real question is - will they make it to the playoffs. With NFC East as strong as it is, they have a strong possibility of not making it.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I bet JJ is so mad his wax face is about to melt off!!! Kiss it Cowpies!!!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The Cowboys losing today is soley a consolation prize to that game. The Rams victory hurts, as we have another potential threat in the NFC West

Hope Whisenthunt and Co. watched this game and took notes

Last edited:

OKCardFan

Registered
Reaction score
Nice one slanidrac16. You really got me (a probably a lot of others) with that thread title! I know some Cardinal fans were actually rooting for the Cowgirls today against the Rams, but I couldn't find myself doing it. Hatred for them is too deeply rooted from the old NFC East days. If they ever win again, that'll be too soon!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I love the Cowboys to lose, but I dont want fan karma by rubbing it in people's faces...Its still a long season and I want to win quietly all the way to the SB...

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Yeah Right!

:biglaugh:

haha, GENIUS!!! I saw the title of this thread and was like, wtf???

Good work my friend, and you are exactly right...

I will NEVER feel sorry for the Cowgirls or their fans.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nice one slanidrac16. I know some Cardinal fans were actually rooting for the Cowgirls today against the Rams, but I couldn't find myself doing it. Hatred for them is too deeply rooted . . .QUOTE]

As much as I hate the Rams I could not bring myself to root for the 'Pies either. The only othjer team I enjoy seeing lose so much is the Cubbies.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
I will take the Cards winning over the Cowboys loosing!!! I don't like the Cowboys but I don't want it to come back and bite us in the buttock!!!!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From a Cowboy message board.

"Williams' deal ratchets up the Cowboys' 2010 current cap obligations, with 33 player contracts signed, to $138.8 million, which is $27 million more than any other team in football -- and that doesn't include the monster contract due premium pass-rusher DeMarcus Ware early in 2009; he could become the highest-paid defensive player in football. "Looks like Jerry's pretty sure there won't be a cap in 2010,'' one capologist for another NFL team said Friday. Surely some of his contracted players (Zach Thomas and Terrell Owens, for two) may not be around then, but it's still by far the most onerous cap situation in 2010. (The rival Giants, for instance, have 29 players under contract for 2010, for a total of $70 million.) Add to all of this the fact that the players, after the death of Gene Upshaw in August, won't have a labor leader to begin negotiations until sometime next year, and what we have here is a league on a fast track to a capless 2010. "

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Cowboys | B. Stewart relieved of duties
Mon, 20 Oct 2008 15:38:48 -0700

Ed Werder, of ESPN, reports Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Brian Stewart has been relieved of his duties. Head coach Wade Phillips will handle the play-calling in place of Stewart.

kffl.com

jaguarpaw81

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Cowboys losing today is soley a consolation prize to that game. The Rams victory hurts, as we have another potential threat in the NFC West

Hope Whisenthunt and Co. watched this game and took notes
I doubt it. Dallas was without their QB, 1/2 of the running attack, #3WR, punter, FG holder, two best CBs and missed their SS for part of the game. I think their LG was missing as well. Those are some tough injuries to overcome.

jaguarpaw81

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cowboys | B. Stewart relieved of duties
Mon, 20 Oct 2008 15:38:48 -0700

Ed Werder, of ESPN, reports Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Brian Stewart has been relieved of his duties. Head coach Wade Phillips will handle the play-calling in place of Stewart.

kffl.com
Wow. That would make Phillips the only defensive playcalling HC in the league, I think.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I originally posted this in the Rams thread, but it's more relevant here.

The only remotely bad thing about Dallas tanking is that we likely will not get the chance to play (and beat) them again next year in their new billion dollar stadium.

The Cards are headed for a first place schedule in 2009 and if we hold on, the rotation would have us playing at the NFC East division winner. It would be nice to get a chance to wreck the Cowboys party in Jerry Jones' new Taj Mahal stadium. Instead, it would seem we're going to be making a trip to the Meadowlands...

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I originally posted this in the Rams thread, but it's more relevant here.

The only remotely bad thing about Dallas tanking is that we likely will not get the chance to play (and beat) them again next year in their new billion dollar stadium.

The Cards are headed for a first place schedule in 2009 and if we hold on, the rotation would have us playing at the NFC East division winner. It would be nice to get a chance to wreck the Cowboys party in Jerry Jones' new Taj Mahal stadium. Instead, it would seem we're going to be making a trip to the Meadowlands...

Whoa, Hoppy. We don't play the NFCE next year. Schedules according to finish are not done any more.