Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He should sit.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he feels good he can go, if its obvious he's not helping or hurting us GG and Diaw need to get his minutes. If he says hes good to go gotta let him and see how it goes, Grant is smart enough to know if he can go or not.

Nash

Reaction score
I would love to see Gordon on Ginobili for 20 minutes a game.

Gordan plays his man up pretty close and for some reason refs like to give him ticky tack calls. Ginobili could potentially flop his ass off to take advantage of that.

But yeah I'd like to see him get more mins.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Gordan plays his man up pretty close and for some reason refs like to give him ticky tack calls. Ginobili could potentially flop his ass off to take advantage of that.

He could, he does, and he will. But I hope GG spells Raja to keep him fresh for the 4th quarter.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Yes, yes, yes. I've been thinking that since game 1 but mike is so locked into his way and rotation that he thinks raja is the only one who can check ginobili.

Gordon is just as physical as raja but bigger.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Yes, yes, yes. I've been thinking that since game 1 but mike is so locked into his way and rotation that he thinks raja is the only one who can check ginobili.

Gordon is just as physical as raja but bigger.

Problem is the refs respect Rajas defense, but GG gets a quick ticky tack whistle. In the NBA, respect of the refs determines how physical you can play defense without a whistle. Just ask amare, he sometimes gets a whistle for brushes of the jersey. Admittedly amare plays poor defense, just whistle him up when he's in the general area, it was probably him anyway. On the other hand shaq cant be fouled, he's too big, an elbow to the head or a push in the back "doesnt really effect his shot". Sometimes the refs even ignore hack a shaq(celtics game).

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say sit Hill till Friday, when he is 100% there is little a 90% hill can do better than a combination of Gordan and Linton taking his place today and i am sure it will throw the Spurs off their gameplan, it is almost certain that they will set screens of steel for him.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I say sit Hill till Friday, when he is 100% there is little a 90% hill can do better than a combination of Gordan and Linton taking his place today and i am sure it will throw the Spurs off their gameplan, it is almost certain that they will set screens of steel for him.

Even though Linton Johnson was insurance for Hill, I think it'll be a absolutely FREEZING day in hell before D'Antoni even considers suiting him up, nevermind playing him. Which is a shame because I think he could be useful spell for the last minute in the first and second quarters to save fouls from someone like Bell.

Stargazer

Registered
Reaction score
This really sucks. Game 2 may be the pivotal game of the series, maybe the playoffs, and its the one game that Hill will miss due to injury? In retrospect, playing him at the end of the season was a major mistake. Should have let him rest up.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
That would be interesting, but I doubt DanTony does it.On a side note, I find it amusing that Shaq and Amare always ask Gordan if that call was really a foul. He always reluctantly nods and says 'yeah, it was.' Then you could read Shaq's lips: that's bullshite. Hey, don't complain to Gordan!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be interesting, but I doubt DanTony does it.On a side note, I find it amusing that Shaq and Amare always ask Gordan if that call was really a foul. He always reluctantly nods and says 'yeah, it was.' Then you could read Shaq's lips: that's bullshite. Hey, don't complain to Gordan!!

I thought that was classic as well.

I REALLY like Gordon. Too bad our owner likely won't pay to bring him back. He's a perfect role player off the bench.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grant Hill is going to start and "give it a try".

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/PaulCoro/22112

great, so he'll be out for the rest of series. But yeah, losing game 1 wasn't that big a deal... with a Game 1 win, we could afford to actually get Hill somewhat healthy, resting him tonight and until Friday (6 days of rest) having done our absolute biggest job in getting homecourt.

this wreaks of desperation to me. I bet Hill's done for the series after this game... and yes, I know how suicidal I sound!

atikiN

Registered
Reaction score
Just let hill come off the bench. That way you can limit his minutes and he'll be able to test the waters.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when will the suns play a post season without someone getting hurt?

when you depend on a 35 year old guy who's been injured for 7 years and have no backup plan, you get what you deserve. this isn't a freak injury. most of us saw this coming a mile away.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
in case any of you missed it, GH not playing friday.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05