Green's ALWAYS making a point

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
From cutting Pete Kendall, to foregoing a trade for Travis Henry ON PRINCIPLE, to starting the worthless JJ "second coming of the ballroom dancer" Arrington. Now I see that Oliver Ross is on the bench and Ian Allen is in. Maybe The Nutty Professor ought to take a look at himself. This team would clearly be better with Kendall and Travis Henry (definitely playoff caliber). This coach has a head as thick as the concrete at Sun Devil Stadium. COME ON!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, in retrospect (after one game, at least) not doing the Henry trade is looking very bad.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Yeah, in retrospect (after one game, at least) not doing the Henry trade is looking very bad.

The RB position isn't the problem. Both Shipp and JJ have been ****canned in the backfield before they can even get it going.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timm Rosenbach said:
From cutting Pete Kendall, to foregoing a trade for Travis Henry ON PRINCIPLE, to starting the worthless JJ "second coming of the ballroom dancer" Arrington. Now I see that Oliver Ross is on the bench and Ian Allen is in. Maybe The Nutty Professor ought to take a look at himself. This team would clearly be better with Kendall and Travis Henry (definitely playoff caliber). This coach has a head as thick as the concrete at Sun Devil Stadium. COME ON!

henry had 35 yards rushing and I already read the Titans are worried that his nagging leg injuries in camp and preseason are a sign of things to come from a guy who has had fairly serious leg injuries the last 2 seasons.

It wasn't principle, Green didn't want to give up the pick that it was going to take to get Henry. If he's so good why did it take buffalo months to trade him and how come none of the good teams wanted him? THe guy has a lot of baggage.

Put just about any RB behind Wells, Lynch and Brown and they're going to have trouble running, Wolfley has been saying it all day on radio.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
vince56 said:
The RB position isn't the problem. Both Shipp and JJ have been ********** in the backfield before they can even get it going.

Yeah I thought the 6 Back offense was very novel. Too bad 4 of the guys in the backfield at the snap were Giants.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ross is getting some good scratch for getting blown up on every play. He needs to be replaced.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Timm Rosenbach said:

I said the same thing on another post.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Avondale_Larry said:
Would you like Joe Bugel back? Perhaps Buddy Ryan...

Get over yourself.

YES!! Honestly YES!! YES!! YES!!

And what a stupid way to try and come back at our frustration. Arrgh!!

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Avondale_Larry said:

Get over yourself.

lol, you should have included the worst coach in the history of the NFL the media darling himself Coach Mac.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Pariah said:

I dunno, Henry gained about 7 yards today...

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Avondale_Larry said:

Get over yourself.

The sad thing is Buddy and Bugel were some of the BETTER coaches this squad's had.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
It's funny how all these people crawl out of the woodwork after a loss.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Redsz said:
It's funny how all these people crawl out of the woodwork after a loss.

Question. Since the Cards have lost most of the games they've played for the last 15 years when do they climb back into the woodwork?

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Avondale_Larry said:

Get over yourself.

Absolutely A.L., we don't have a track record of golly darn good coaches. Until someone can equal the success DG has had in the league, I'll criticize from a distance, and trust our coach to make the right moves.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timm Rosenbach said:

Henry had had 10 rushes for 35 rushing yards today and lost a fumble. He was good for exactly 1 fantasy point. JJ was good for 2 points. From that respect, JJ had a better day.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
40yearfan said:
Henry had had 10 rushes for 35 rushing yards today and lost a fumble. He was good for exactly 1 fantasy point. JJ was good for 2 points. From that respect, JJ had a better day.

And we were watching some fantasy show in Sacramento yesterday and they said that Henry had already annoyed coaches with the Titans because he's so bad in blitz pickup they can't play him in passing situations. THey basically said how does a guy play this long in the NFL at RB and be that bad at blitz pickup?

Henry is a decent RB but decent RB's don't excel behind an OL like our current OL.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
40yearfan said:

LOL

Honestly all it means is the team was awful when DG took it over and it's still got elements of that.

It's going to take another year at least probably two because the Oline is just in shambles and I don't think the FA we got is really any good so that means we need a RG and a RT and a LT as I don't think Big is any good.

That's over half the starting line, that's tough to fix in one year.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
LOL

It's going to take another year at least probably two because the Oline is just in shambles and I don't think the FA we got is really any good so that means we need a RG and a RT and a LT as I don't think Big is any good.

1. I think we need to move Ross to RG where he belongs and where he can use more of his strengths.

2. Let Brown mature as a OG and slid him over to LG next to Big.

3. Healthy Step/Leckey

4. Draft (plenty of really good ones in the draft this coming year) or sign a big mean RT in the offseason.

5. Sign a more experiance oline coach instead of the green Lindsay.

Starting lineup of - Davis, Brown, Step, Ross, Draftee/FA

I think thats the best we can hope for.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
Question. Since the Cards have lost most of the games they've played for the last 15 years when do they climb back into the woodwork?

lol true. I have just noticed that some posters who have been absent for the last few weeks have finally shown up again to spout abuse.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
LOL

Honestly all it means is the team was awful when DG took it over and it's still got elements of that.

That's over half the starting line, that's tough to fix in one year.

I don't know. This isn't a college program where the coach is stuck with the players until they graduate. Most of the guys from 2003 are gone. Yet the team looks exactly the same. Can't run, can't stop the run, poor special teams, untimely penalties, poor time management. Maybe you can't get enough free agents and draftees in two years to change a team's culture after all.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Redsz said:
lol true. I have just noticed that some posters who have been absent for the last few weeks have finally shown up again to spout abuse.

:thumbup:

It's like the radio call in shows. If things are going good nobody calls but if things are going bad the phones ring off the wall.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Edge for a second rounder is also looking quite nice...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser