guess who BO BUMPED....

StatsAmare

Playin' 110%
Reaction score
Monday, November 8, 2004

Japanese player put on injured list

Associated Press
PHOENIX -- Bo Outlaw, whose tough post play was missed last season while the Phoenix Suns struggled to their worst record in 16 years, signed a one-year contract Monday to rejoin the team.

[size=-2][/size][size=-1]Yuta Tabuse[/size]
[size=-2]Point Guard
Phoenix Suns
[/size]
You must be registered for see images attach
[size=-2]Profile
[/size]
[size=-2][/size]2004-2005 SEASON STATISTICS[size=-2]GM[/size][size=-2]PPG[/size][size=-2]RPG[/size][size=-2]APG[/size][size=-2]FG%[/size][size=-2]FT%[/size][size=-2]2[/size][size=-2]3.5[/size][size=-2]1.0[/size][size=-2]1.5[/size][size=-2].250[/size][size=-2]1.000[/size]

The Suns said the 6-foot-8 forward would join them in Chicago and suit up for Saturday night's game against the Bulls.

To make room, the Suns placed guard Yuta Tabuse, the first Japanese-born player to make an NBA roster, on the injured list with a right quadricep strain.

Outlaw won fans for his defense and hard-nosed play during two seasons with Phoenix, when he averaged 4.7 points and 4.6 rebounds in 153 games. He received the Dan Majerle Hustle Award after his final season in 2002-03.

But the Suns dealt Outlaw and center Jake Tsakalidis to Memphis for Brevin Knight, Robert Archibald and Cezary Trybanski on Sept. 30, 2003, citing the need to create cap flexibility.

He averaged 6.0 points and 5.3 rebounds with Memphis, which released him Nov. 1.

Outlaw, 33, the Suns' oldest player and only one of two over 30 (point guard Steve Nash is the other), was undrafted out of the University of Houston and played in Spain and in the Continental Basketball Association before starting his 11-year NBA career with the Los Angeles Clippers in 1993.

He was with the Clippers four seasons before signing with Orlando as a free agent in 1997, and the Magic traded him to Phoenix on Nov. 16, 2001.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Makes sense, we had too many guards anyways. With Barbosa being able to take all the backup PG minutes there wasn't much need for Tabuse.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Not a big suprise. Having a third PG active is a bit of luxary anyway.

I can't help but notice people are having a problem with what night the Bulls/Suns play. The other article said Wednesday and now this one says Saturday. :doi:

FYI everybody, it is Tuesday Bulls, Wednesday Cavs, and Saturday Kings.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Sad, but it makes sense...

I love watching him play...

Mike
Me to that ment the Suns were blowing the other team away. It is a good move for the team.

myrondizzo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
any bets on wether or not the media shows upto practices asking about his "injury"? hopefully it doesnt drop his jersey sales. i had a feeling he'd end up on the IL after a few games the coaches talked him up but he just was of little to no use on this team. im surprised they didnt milk it for a few more games. against teams they know they can beat.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
StatsAmare said:
"right quadricep strain"
at least this is an original "injury" lol

Yeah, it's usually a right hammy, or plantar faciatis, lol...

Mike

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Yeah, it's usually a right hammy, or plantar faciatis, lol...

Mike

I can't believe you've already forgotten about the good old back spasms.

Joe Mama

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
fordronken said:
(apparently the message is too short without this sentence)

No. It's just that quotes aren't considered message content.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
I still haven't figured out how a 12 man rotation is supposed to work, but here it comes.

Well, when you win by 30, it is easy to get everyone time.

In close games, I think we will see a lot less of Vroman and Lampe.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would not be surprised to see Lampe continue to get minutes. As soon as teams start trying to double team Amare every play, having a guy who can shoot like Lampe at center becomes a real plus.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
I can't believe you've already forgotten about the good old back spasms.

Joe Mama

Statistically, we have had more back spasms than anywhere else in the USA! :thumbup: Go Phoenix! :D

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yuma said:
Statistically, we have had more back spasms than anywhere else in the USA! :thumbup: Go Phoenix! :D

It must be something in the water. :)

Joe Mama

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05