Hell of a time at Carolina

brandon

Rookie
Reaction score
Yes, watching my very first pro-football game live and seeing the Cardinals get crushed was upsetting, but I will always remember my first of many Cardinals games to be a hell of a time. (By the way, worst officiating EVER. I was watching the head ref for a while and every now and again he would look in his rule book- the guy was pathetic- he would tell the stadium why he didn't call a specific penalty when in fact no flag was ever thrown. I-D-I-O-T.)

Highlight of the day before the game: I am driving on I-80 south and hear honking. I look over, a guy has rolled down his window, has seen the Cardinals flag and stickers, and is shouting "Go Cardinals." Definitely the first time ever I have witnessed another true Cardinals fan.

The next day, I was walking toward the stadium with my cousin and uncle in a Cardinals jersey (I had Aeneas' on), face paint ("GO CARDS" on one cheek, a self-drawn Cardinal on the other), knee-high Cardinals socks, and of course a hat. Every time we passed a tailgate party, we'd hear an occasional "Cardinals suck" or "Green sucks", but for the most part, we got respect. There were many more instances where they would say "How about that Emmitt" or "Hey man- Pat Tillman is awesome." I was BEAMING with Cardinals pride walking through the streets and up to my seat in Section 534. There weren't any other Cardinals fans in my section, but I saw some fans on the way out. One I remember is the guy that started http://www.angelfire.com/fl/TheCard/ or "The Cardinals Nest". I recognized him cause he was wearing the exact same thing as his pic on the site. We talked for quite a while- I was finally talking to another knowledgeable Cardinals fan- made me wanna live in AZ so much. Cardinals fans truly are the best in the NFL. I still walked outta the stadium with pride. When I heard a "Cardinals suck" I simply said, "Yeah..NFC champs to 3-7...I'd be mad too."

Simply put, this weekend was AWESOME. Cardinals fans are the proudest, most loyal fans out there. My hat is off to all of us! GO CARDINALS!!

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Looks kind of like Cheesebeef.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will kill you. Come on man - my galsses are much cooler than that guy - and you know I'd never wear Cardinal gear!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
I will kill you. Come on man - my galsses are much cooler than that guy - and you know I'd never wear Cardinal gear!

You're going to wear green on Sunday just to piss off BIM, aren't you? :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
You're going to wear green on Sunday just to piss off BIM, aren't you? :D

I'm really considering it.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
:D

Just bustin' your balls. :raccoon:

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
You guys are hilarious! It's nice to get a laugh from Cards fans instead of being laughed at for being a Cards fan. I'm going to sleep. Have a good night!

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Syracusecards said:
You guys are hilarious! It's nice to get a laugh from Cards fans instead of being laughed at for being a Cards fan. I'm going to sleep. Have a good night!

:raccoon:

AzWins23

Reaction score
KingofCards said:
You must be registered for see images

Looks kind of like Cheesebeef.

I met that guy in Cleveland, and in Buffalo this year...He is a good guy!!
Die Hard Cardinals fan from St.Louis

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05