Hey AZ Residents, Its Ok To Attend This AZ Event

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im so glad that as AZ residents are welcome to attend an event in AZ.. Why is Mesa even doing this? Hosting events for the opposition?

See D-Backs, Cubs at Hohokam
Jim Walsh
The Arizona Republic
Oct. 2, 2007 11:36 AM

Mesa's Hohokam Stadium will host a free viewing party for Wednesday and Thursday's Chicago Cubs vs. Arizona Diamondbacks playoff games.

Fans are welcome to bring their own food and drinks and watch the National League Division Series games on the new state-of-the-art scoreboard and a second 30-foot screen, but alcohol won't be allowed.

Hohokam serves as the Cactus League home for the Cubs, who usually lead the league in attendance, so expect a lot of Cub fans at the event. Cubs memorabilia will be available, but Diamondbacks fans also are welcome.

"The city is happy to provide a low-cost, family-oriented option to watch the game," said Dave Dunne, Hohokam Stadium director. "It's like going to a drive-in and watching a baseball game."

The games start at 7 p.m. and gates open at 5:30 p.m. Hohokam is at 1025 N. Center Street, north of Brown Road.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
This is why Mesa has the reputation as the armpit of the Valley. Cheap!!! Have some damn AZ pride morons and buy a friggin ticket to the game!

Mesa: The city that is cutting public services to residents due to budget constraints is hosting this event.

No alcohol? Fascists.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its the frickin eastside.. What do you expect?

Where are your seats to the games on Wednesday and Thursday? :shrug:

We got ours on Saturday and will be at Chase Field.

:eastside:

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are your seats to the games on Wednesday and Thursday? :shrug:

We got ours on Saturday and will be at Chase Field.

:eastside:

What does this have to do with Mesa throwing a party for the visiting Cubs?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does this have to do with Mesa throwing a party for the visiting Cubs?

You are banging on the Eastside. I'm just pointing out that we are representing.

I'd bet that more of the ASFN'ers going to these playoff games are Eastsiders.

Mesa and the Cubs have brought tons of money to the state every year with spring training. People can talk cheap all they want. There's plenty of money in the Eastside.

This is just clever marketing by the Hohokam stadium director. Dave's a great guy. We met him back in '05 when the Mesa Miners played there and we still go to the Solar Sox games during Fall League.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are banging on the Eastside. I'm just pointing out that we are representing.

Mesa and the Cubs have brought tons of money to the state every year with spring training. People can talk cheap all they want. There's plenty of money in the Eastside.

This is just clever marketing by the Hohokam stadium director. Dave's a great guy. We met him back in '05 when the Mesa Miners played there and we still go to the Solar Sox games during Fall League.

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score

Except me, I'm stuck in a place far worse than the East Valley, Tucson. yeah we have nearly 1,000,000 people here but we're a small town so lets build like two roads and one main highway. Beltways are for populated cities.

At least the scenery is pretty around here.

nativesunsfan

Reaction score
Heck im in Dodger country, it is really hard being a Dbacks fan here. Wish I could attend either event. Awesome win tonight. Go Dbacks!!!!

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mesa has to do stuff like this because they refuse to charge a property tax. This is how they pay to keep Hohokam looking better than the neighborhood it's in.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mesa has to do stuff like this because they refuse to charge a property tax. This is how they pay to keep Hohokam looking better than the neighborhood it's in.

By hosting free events where people are asked to bring their own food and drinks? :shrug: :D

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tucson. yeah we have nearly 1,000,000 people here but we're a small town so lets build like two roads and one main highway.

Are they finally done with their most recent major construction work on the freeway? :shrug:

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Are they finally done with their most recent major construction work on the freeway? :shrug:

No, they don't finish that for another 3 years. Then after that there's something else scheduled for another 3+ years of construction. Awesome.

Hopefully I'll be back in Phoenix by then though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05