hindsight???

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
your opinions please..

would it have been better to wait till March 3 to see who is becomeing available in the Qb position? namely Brees, Pennington, Cullpepper(if released), etc.. than signing Warner right away?
GO Cards

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
jrjbritt said:
your opinions please..

would it have been better to wait till March 3 to see who is becomeing available in the Qb position? namely Brees, Pennington, Cullpepper(if released), etc.. than signing Warner right away?
GO Cards

It would have been a gamble. Since we are not a QB away from the super bowl, and have so many holes to fill. It was probably the right move to sign KW, as he was the best we could get at that price.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
jrjbritt said:
your opinions please..

GO Cards

Negative...All three are coming off of major injuries and nobody knows how they will perform this year. With Kurt, at least we already know what we have and can plan around that.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was the right thing to do...but I don't think it should preclude us from exploring all of our QB options (but I know it will).

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I'll give you hindsight....

Drafting JJ Arrington ahead of Lofa Tatupu....

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
jrjbritt said:
your opinions please..

GO Cards

I'm with the mastermopheg - Brees will probably be okay soon but Pennington's shoulder could end his career & Culpepper is not going to be ready for camp. Cards brass did the right thing keeping KW now they need to get him a back up that wants to be here as a role player...

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going into FA without a starting QB would have been a huge mistake.

It would force the Cardinals to concentrate on the QB position instead of the other positions of need.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
jrjbritt said:
your opinions please..

GO Cards

No! Our staff liked Warner so why wait and chance losing him and ending up with none of the above. Warner played well last year. I had rather have him than Pennington. Cullpepper and Brees are coming off serious injuries and no one knows just how they will be or if they can start. I think the early signing of Warner was one of our smarter moves.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
Going into FA without a starting QB would have been a huge mistake.

It would force the Cardinals to concentrate on the QB position instead of the other positions of need.

I really wanted them to land Culpepper, but it was probably the most wise thing to re-sign Warner, and build on what the Cards already have. Give Warner a running game and a O-line and This team can turn things around

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Warner is an excellent QB albeit fragile...line upgrade may help not because he won't get sacked any less BUT we will run the ball a lot more...something that is critical to win in the NFL....