Hotel Rwanda

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hotel Rwanda

Release Date: December 22, 2004 (limited)
Studio: United Artists (MGM)
Director: Terry George
Screenwriter: Terry George, Keir Pearson
Genre: Drama

Starring: Don Cheadle, Nick Nolte, Joaquin Phoenix, Sophie Okonedo, Antonio David Lyons

Plot Summary: Ten years ago, as the country of Rwanda descended into madness, one man made a promise to protect the family he loved – and ended up finding the courage to save over 1200 people. "Hotel Rwanda" tells the inspiring story of real-life hero Paul Rusesabagina (Don Cheadle), a hotel manager in Rwanda who used his courage and cunning to shelter over a thousand refugees from certain death. While the rest of the world closed its eyes, Paul opened his heart and proved that one good man can make a difference.

Attachments

• hotelrwanda.jpg
    hotelrwanda.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 162

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
I like Don Cheadle.

I was hoping he would still do those NFL Playoffs Commercials that he did the past two years. Those were AWESOME.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Hotel Rwanda

Release Date: December 22, 2004 (limited)
Studio: United Artists (MGM)
Director: Terry George
Screenwriter: Terry George, Keir Pearson
Genre: Drama

Starring: Don Cheadle, Nick Nolte, Joaquin Phoenix, Sophie Okonedo, Antonio David Lyons

Plot Summary: Ten years ago, as the country of Rwanda descended into madness, one man made a promise to protect the family he loved – and ended up finding the courage to save over 1200 people. "Hotel Rwanda" tells the inspiring story of real-life hero Paul Rusesabagina (Don Cheadle), a hotel manager in Rwanda who used his courage and cunning to shelter over a thousand refugees from certain death. While the rest of the world closed its eyes, Paul opened his heart and proved that one good man can make a difference.

So did you see it? I am planning to go this week sometime.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
VERY good movie. Don Cheadle is magnificent. Amazing the lack of support during the genocide that occured over there.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
VERY good movie. Don Cheadle is magnificent. Amazing the lack of support during the genocide that occured over there.

Cool. So they talked about the entire genocide and not just what happened at that hotel, then? That's good to hear.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
krepitch said:
Cool. So they talked about the entire genocide and not just what happened at that hotel, then? That's good to hear.

It's very similar to Schindler's List. You see and know some of the atrocities that are going one, but it doesn't take away from the intimate story of the hotel.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
It's very similar to Schindler's List. You see and know some of the atrocities that are going one, but it doesn't take away from the intimate story of the hotel.

Thanks, Chaplin. I am looking forward to it. I can only find one theater that it is showing at. Is that right?

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
My friend saw it and told me it's one of the best films he's ever seen. Very eye opening to say the least. I am going to try to see it myself. I think it is only playing (locally) at the AMC by Scottsdale Fashion Square.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SouthNZoneFan said:
That is Tim Medows from SNL! You guys got it all wrong.

Ugh! I hope you are joking.... my wife does this same thing to me all the time just to upset me. In fact, Boogie Nights was on TV last night and see said, "Hey it's the Ladies Man!"

:hammer:

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We rented this Friday night...an amazing, amazing movie...Don Cheadle was just awesome...

So sad being on the inside of this civil war, and seeing no help come from the UN or anyone else for the most part, while innocent women and children are slaughtered in the streets with machete's...

Such a sad movie, but very thought provoking...

Mike

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
We rented this Friday night...an amazing, amazing movie...Don Cheadle was just awesome...

So sad being on the inside of this civil war, and seeing no help come from the UN or anyone else for the most part, while innocent women and children are slaughtered in the streets with machete's...

Such a sad movie, but very thought provoking...

Mike

I saw it last weekend. Loved it. Made me happy and sad to live in the U.S. Made me want to be a better person.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It pained me, working at a movie theater, having stupid people coming to see this. "Can I get a ticket for Hotel Ramada? Which theater is Hotel Ramada in?" Ugh.

Then again, the "Ramada Ramada" song at the end is cool :D

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
was watching this movie for the first time in History 202.......when he's searching for his family in the hotel(after he comes back from the police station.).....the professor *clicks* the stop button, and says class is over!.......argh! now i have to rent the movie or just look it up on wikipedia.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake