Supporting Member
Reaction score
House of D

Release Date: April 15, 2005 (limited)
Studio: Lions Gate Films
Director: David Duchovny
Screenwriter: David Duchovny
Genre: Drama
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for sexual and drug references, thematic elements and language)

Starring: Robin Williams, Erykah Badu, David Duchovny, Gideon Jacobs, Orlando Jones, Frank Langella, Adam LeFevre, Téa Leoni, Mark Margolis, Stephen Spinella, Anton Yelchin

Plot Summary: A comical and touching story of a man looking back at his childhood in 1970s Greenwich Village, Lions Gate Films' "House of D" is the feature film writing and directing debut of actor David Duchovny, starring Duchovny, Anton Yelchin, Robin Williams, Téa Leoni, Frank Langella and Erykah Badu.

An American artist living a bohemian existence in Paris, Tom Warshaw (David Duchovny) is trying to make sense of his troubled adult life by reflecting upon his extraordinary childhood...The year is 1973, and thirteen-year-old Greenwich Village native Tommy Warshaw (Anton Yelchin) is on the brink of becoming a man. While his bereaved single mother (Téa Leoni) continues to mourn the death of his father, Tommy escapes his own grief by causing trouble at school and making afternoon meat deliveries with his best friend Pappas (Robin Williams), a mentally challenged janitor. Following the romantic advice offered by Lady (Erykah Badu) - incarcerated in the infamous Greenwich Village Women's House of Detention for shadowy reasons - Tommy even experiences his first taste of love. Yet when an unexpected tragedy radically alters his world, Tommy must make a life-defining choice - one that will compel the adult Tom Warshaw, thirty years later, to confront his unfinished past.

Vividly capturing the spirit of youth in all its joy and heartbreak, "House of D" examines with humor and pathos a boy's harrowing coming of age and the manner in which it defines his adulthood. Sensitively directed by Duchovny and bolstered by affectionate portrayals from a talented cast, "House of D" is a winning, hopeful story about overcoming loss and coming to terms with one's past.

Attachments

• houseofd.jpg
    houseofd.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 79

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i am very interested to see how i like this movie... i've never enjoyed david in any non-x-files role (besides evolution).

he wrote and directed a few x-files eps... and i liked those.. so hopefully this movie will be even better than those

anyhoo

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
i am very interested to see how i like this movie... i've never enjoyed david in any non-x-files role (besides evolution).

he wrote and directed a few x-files eps... and i liked those.. so hopefully this movie will be even better than those

anyhoo

He was the bomb in Evolution...frickin' hysterical!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Is that sarcasm, Stout, or are you being serious? :confused:

Um, no, I thought he was quite funny in the movie, and enjoyed it as the fun, meaningless comedy that it was.

And don't give me any flak mister 'I'm going to defend the casting of Keanu Reeves as Sinbad' :p

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duchovny was on The Daily Show last week. He was very unfunny. Jon Stewart didn't seem to like the movie.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Saw it last night. Absoulutely loved it! What a pleasant surprise. My wife fell asleep, the clown! :p

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
House of D?

Well, we know Darnell Dockett ain't starring in this one!!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FINALLY got a chance to see this movie tonight.

I enjoyed it. It's not a movie I could see myself buying and watching all the time, but sometimes that is okay. It had substance, and I was very impressed with the kid actor. Eryka Badu was awesome in her role.

Duchovny did a great job in writing/directing this.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22