How things have changed....

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
as a long time Cardinal fan (i.e pre-AZ) and draft-nik, it has been sooooooo nice to:

-Look forward to each Cardinal pick, instead of instinctively preparing for the worst

-Come away from the draft not only feeling like the front office knows what it is doing, but thinking that they are actually pretty good at it

-Listen to ESPN coverage and instead of being the butt of jokes, the Cards are being praised for great picking. As a contrast to what Buffalo did this year, Chris Mortenson cited Denny Green as a guy who knows how to manage a draft

-Hearing Arizona described as being "a perfect situation" and a "great place to go to" for Matt Leinart. Particularly when contrasting it to situations where "there wouldnt be a lot of talent around him".

DakotaCardsFan

Making time travel possible
Reaction score
Thanks Denny (and Buffalo!)

I was listening to ESPN Radio yesterday during the second round and heard some familiar comments. It was Mike Golic saying, "I'm stunned. I didn't see him getting picked for at least another round. Either they see something everyone else doesn't, or they see something that isn't there." This year, he was talking about Buffalo.

We're now three drafts removed from those kind of comments and draft picks referred to as "huge reaches". Thanks Denny!

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
As for the draft, agreed! DG is a draft wizard.

As for the record...uh...not yet...

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
DakotaCardsFan said:
I was listening to ESPN Radio yesterday during the second round and heard some familiar comments. It was Mike Golic saying, "I'm stunned. I didn't see him getting picked for at least another round. Either they see something everyone else doesn't, or they see something that isn't there." This year, he was talking about Buffalo.

We're now three drafts removed from those kind of comments and draft picks referred to as "huge reaches". Thanks Denny!
I heard Buffalo's terrible picking compared to the Bryant Johnson/Calvin Pace fiaco. They said Buffalo's picks were the worse picks since then.:eek:

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
CardinalLaw said:
I heard Buffalo's terrible picking compared to the Bryant Johnson/Calvin Pace fiaco. They said Buffalo's picks were the worse picks since then.:eek:

I had nothing to do with the Pace/Johnson debacle. You didn't think I wouldn't catch your clever mispelling of my name did you!

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Fiasco said:
I had nothing to do with the Pace/Johnson debacle. You didn't think I wouldn't catch your clever mispelling of my name did you!
I'm so sick and tired of hearing about that. Johnson wasn't considered a reach at #17

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05