How to Train Your Dragon

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How to Train Your Dragon

Release Date: March 26, 2010 (conventional 3D theaters and IMAX 3D)
Studio: DreamWorks Animation
Director: Chris Sanders, Dean DeBlois
Screenwriter: Dean DeBlois, Chris Sanders
Genre: Action, Adventure, Animation, Fantasy
MPAA Rating: PG (for for sequences of intense action and some scary images, and brief mild language)

Starring: Jay Baruchel, Gerard Butler, America Ferrara, Jonah Hill, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Craig Ferguson, Kristen Wiig, T.J. Miller

Plot Summary: From the studio that brought you "Shrek," "Madagascar" and "Kung Fu Panda" comes "How to Train Your Dragon." Set in the mythical world of burly Vikings and wild dragons, and based on the book by Cressida Cowell, the action comedy tells the story of Hiccup, a Viking teenager who doesn’t exactly fit in with his tribe's longstanding tradition of heroic dragon slayers. Hiccup's world is turned upside down when he encounters a dragon that challenges he and his fellow Vikings to see the world from an entirely different point of view.

You must be registered for see images attach

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I talked to someone in their late-20s and said it is Dreamworks BEST animated feature to date (better than all the Shrek movies).

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
79 reviews counted, 4 rotten.

95% Fresh at Rotten Tomatoes.

Looked up the 4 bad reviews and 2 of them weren't really bad reviews, so you could arguably only say that 2 of them were truly bad reviews. And they were from the Village Voice and the New York Post. Not really that surprising.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a fantastic family movie. The whole family including grandparents thoroughly enjoyed it!

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
79 reviews counted, 4 rotten.

95% Fresh at Rotten Tomatoes.

Looked up the 4 bad reviews and 2 of them weren't really bad reviews, so you could arguably only say that 2 of them were truly bad reviews. And they were from the Village Voice and the New York Post. Not really that surprising.

LOL. I love VV reviews. I can only imagine what they'd say about a movie specifically engineered for American suburbia.

"Reinforces American archetypes."

"Subjugates the role of women."

"The only characters of color were the dragons ... Hello, Magic Negro."

"Embarrassing lack of sophistication."

"I wanted to throw up in the back of a Dodge Caravan ... I just didn't know anyone mundane enough to actually own one."

"You've seen this story before. You cannot possibly want to see it again unless you're a 10-year-old Nickelodeon-watching high-fructose corn-syrup addict who still thinks farts are funny."

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
<------Co-signs with Shane

I took my kids (4 and 2) and my girlie's little brother, sister and friends (9-12) to see it Saturday and everyone loved it. Toothless is awesome (though he looks a little like the thing from Lilo and Stitch). Great family movie.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
My son says this is different from the book, but he liked it a lot. The 3D is cool! I even enjoyed it!

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outstanding in every area possible.... two grandparents and two grandchildren thought it was fabulous!!! (saw it in IMAX 3-D..... $61 before popcorn, but worth it!!!)

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dropped $78 bucks on this today with the family (8 of us) - and it was WELL worth it. Everyone [from age 5 to 41] loved it!

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Very entertaining. Can't afford to go to anything but the Matinee. $48 for two adults and two children but well worth the money.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will be going to this one in the next couple of weeks sometime. Maybe three weeks. Percy Jackson movie probably first, then this for a Sat pre-noon in 3D (save a few bucks at AMC).

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the family to see this one. GREAT movie! Fantastic job by Dreamworks. We all really enjoyed it.

I put it on par with a Pixar movie. Might actually have a chance at beating out Pixar for an Oscar this year depending on how Toy Story 3 does at the box office.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GREAT movie. Easily Dreamwork's best. EASILY. Hell, I'd even rate it higher than Ratatouille and Cars in the Pixar world.

Really, a movie that ANYONE could enjoy.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really, a movie that ANYONE could enjoy.
High praise from a man that knows his shnizzle. Based on Cheese's recommendation I'm taking my ho AND my grandma to see it on saturday.

...'cause that's how I roll.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05