I have my ourlads 2003 draft Guide..

pinnacle

Reaction score
First time I have ordered it..comparable to the sporting news draft issue - ourlads has more of a writeup on each player.. For $27.00 which includes shipping..I think it is worth the $$...They claim to do all of their own research - so it appears it is not just a rehash of the boiler plate stuff that is out there on players. They also have a detailed analysis of talent on each NFL team..will post cardinals summary later..

Points of interest - they lump d lineman together (ends and tackles and on a grade of 1 - 10 ..ratings):
Suggs 9.23
Kennedy 9.20
Robertson 9.12
Kevin williams OK St - 9.07
Jon sullivan, ga - 9.03
mcdougle 8.76
william joseph - 8.68
kelsay 8.57
ty warren 8.51
haynes 8.44

Other notable I see discussed on this board:
Peek - 7.56
Dewayne white - louisville 6.53

two guys who rotated at miami for the last season are ahead of white - jamaal green at 6.81 and andrew wiliams at 6.66

in general - the above dlineman ratings are off the charts (good for cards)..players above 8.0 ranking per position:
total dlineman above 8.0 = 12
wide receivers above 8.0 = 5
qbs - 4 (leftwich is 9.38 and palmer 9.35)
running backs - 3
Olineman - 7
linebackers - 4
dbacks - 9

I figured everyone bought the sporting news draft issue..but I figured most of you did not have the ourlads report..will post cardinals specific stuff later..

Last edited:

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the info!

I usually try to listen to the guy on Tuesdays on KDUS, but I missed it today.

Every week they still have Leftwich rated as the overall #1.

OP
OP
P

pinnacle

Reaction score
I am reading thru it..will point out items of interest..

they have a depth chart of the cardinals.. the cards do not have a depth chart on their official site..first depth chart I have seen post free agent signing is the ourlads..points of interest:

Linebacker starters: Thompson, Mckinnon, Darling
WR: gilmore, Kasper
dtackles: bryant and davis

rest is pretty much standard..it was published before grutts was officially released - so he is still listed.. rest is pretty much as expected..

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'm assuming 10 is the highest rating.So,you have Leftwich being the highest rated player,with concern about his leg, and he may be available at 6 and people think we shouldn't draft him.The scouting service BLESTO also has Leftwich rated #1.I now think Leftwich will be the Bengals choice at 1.If he isn't and the Cards pass on himat 6,it will be the BIGGEST in a long line of draft mistakes that they could make.On the other hand,i would pass on Palmer and go defense.

OP
OP
P

pinnacle

Reaction score
10 is the highest rating.. top rated players:

leftwich 9.38
palmer 9.35
rogers 9.31
newman 9.25
suggs 9.23
kennedy 9.20

OP
OP
P

pinnacle

Reaction score
andre johnson. 9.19 rating. Summary: tall, strong excellent athlete, 2nd rated receiver behind rodgers, deep threat, great leaper, playmaker, very good runner after catch. drawback listed is he is not polished and should have been more productive in college.

taylor jacobs: 8.62 rating, 4th rated receiver (washington is a 8.89). hurt by being a backup most of his career (until sr. season) injury hurt performance as sr, strong senior bowl, average size, short arm, not real muscular. good route runner, quick feet, good at getting off defenders, physical, good acceleration, good hands, good after catch, makes tacklers miss. more steady than spectacular but is a quality prospect.

Reaction score
For those of you who say that it would be a huge mistake not to take Leftwich, that is your opinion and everyone is entitled to their opinion. However in my opinion a great QB and a mediocre team will not take you to the Super Bowl. ie. Brett Farve,Manning, Dan Marino, and even John Elway until the Broncos surrounded him with an outstanding supporting cast. On the other hand there have been many teams in the Superbowl with good teams and mediocre QBs. Not saying that you are wrong just that there is more than 1 way to look at how to get to the big game.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by mizzoucardfan
For those of you who say that it would be a huge mistake not to take Leftwich, that is your opinion and everyone is entitled to their opinion. However in my opinion a great QB and a mediocre team will not take you to the Super Bowl. ie. Brett Farve,Manning, Dan Marino, and even John Elway until the Broncos surrounded him with an outstanding supporting cast. On the other hand there have been many teams in the Superbowl with good teams and mediocre QBs. Not saying that you are wrong just that there is more than 1 way to look at how to get to the big game.

But a good qb can make the talent around him better. Ask Houdini. He will tell you the difference between Plummer and Favre. He said in another thread that Favre hasn't really had THAT much more talent around him than Plummer, but the talent around him was better because of him.

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And vise versa a great DE with a mediocre defense doesnt do much either.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
To compare with The War Room's rankings (They use a 1-9 scale):

1 - Carson Palmer - 8.8
2 - Charles Rogers - 8.8
3 - Terrell Suggs - 8.8
4 - Jimmy Kennedy - 8.8
5 - Dewayne Robertson - 8.7
6 - Terence Newman - 8.7
7 - Byron Leftwich - 8.7
8 - Jordan Gross - 8.7