If Warner Keeps Throwing Like He Has...

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What are the chances that he gets a serious look for "Comeback Player of the Year". I mean Drew Brees got it last year for just not losing his spot (and having a flat out sensational year) so with Warner throwing almost 50 times a game and dispite missing time still racking up the yardage (and hopefully keeping TD to INT ratios low) when, if at all, do you think he will be slipped into the "CPY" conversation?

COM 149
ATT 233
PCT 63.9
YDS 1674
YPA 7.19
LNG 63
TD 6
TD% 2.6
INT 5
INT% 2.1
SK 14
SYD 102
RAT 85

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
I think that he would have had to have kept himself in the starting lineup, had this team with at least a 5-5 record (to this point, of course) and to have at least a 2-1 TD-Int ratio. His numbers look good, but he's been benched, he's like 1-4 and he has just over a 1-1 TD-Int ratio....

spanky1

Reaction score
Drew Brees won the award because his stats were terrific and the Bolts went into the playoffs. If Warner plays like he did against the Rams and we get to 7-9 MINIMUM, he'll get some votes to be sure.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
SuperSpck said:
What are the chances that he gets a serious look for "Comeback Player of the Year". I mean Drew Brees got it last year for just not losing his spot (and having a flat out sensational year) so with Warner throwing almost 50 times a game and dispite missing time still racking up the yardage (and hopefully keeping TD to INT ratios low) when, if at all, do you think he will be slipped into the "CPY" conversation?

COM 149
ATT 233
PCT 63.9
YDS 1674
YPA 7.19
LNG 63
TD 6
TD% 2.6
INT 5
INT% 2.1
SK 14
SYD 102
RAT 85

What is SK and SYD? Couldn't find a legend on the link.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Seeds Of Hate said:
I think that he would have had to have kept himself in the starting lineup, had this team with at least a 5-5 record (to this point, of course) and to have at least a 2-1 TD-Int ratio. His numbers look good, but he's been benched, he's like 1-4 and he has just over a 1-1 TD-Int ratio....

He wasn't benched. He was injured. Major diference.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
AzCards21 said:
He wasn't benched. He was injured. Major diference.

You and I are both half right and I should have been clearer. Josh did start one game over Warner after he returned, so technically he was benched....

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About zero.

We are going into game 11 and he has one win.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
He would have to put up some pretty mind blowing numbers over the next 6 games to even get a look IMO.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NFC Steve Smith

AFC Kyle Vandenbosch

Guaronteeeed!

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Shane H said:
AFC Kyle Vandenbosch

Guaronteeeed!

Same with Brees from last year. How can anyone who has never had a good season to begin with, get the Comeback Player of the Year award?

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
stewdog1 said:
Same with Brees from last year. How can anyone who has never had a good season to begin with, get the Comeback Player of the Year award?

:thumbup:

I think he will probably win it, but if Vanden Bosch truely was the Comeback Player of the Year, he would have to have a poopy, injury plagued year since that is what he would be coming back to.