If we could get both Robinson and Muhammed

spanky

All Star
Reaction score
would we be able to pass on drafting a WR this year and as a result free up our #2 (which is earmarked for a WR) to address other needs? What would it cost to sign both these guys?.......do we even want them both?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by spanky
would we be able to pass on drafting a WR this year and as a result free up our #2 (which is earmarked for a WR) to address other needs? What would it cost to sign both these guys?.......do we even want them both?

I wouldn't want to count on two receivers that have had major difficulties staying healthy.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Re: Re: If we could get both Robinson and Muhammed

Originally posted by Krangthebrain
I wouldn't want to count on two receivers that have had major difficulties staying healthy.

I think it is a bit early to consider Robinson injury prone. Given his production before the last 2 years, I think it is also a bit premature to suggest Muhammed is injury prone. If they get hurt this year, then we can start the injury conversation about them but Robinson has had 2 injuries and Muhammed played in and started 72 games out of a possible 80 games since 1998. Hardly what I would consider having a hard time staying healthy...since he was quite productive.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: If we could get both Robinson and Muhammed

Originally posted by AZCB34
I think it is a bit early to consider Robinson injury prone. Given his production before the last 2 years, I think it is also a bit premature to suggest Muhammed is injury prone. If they get hurt this year, then we can start the injury conversation about them but Robinson has had 2 injuries and Muhammed played in and started 72 games out of a possible 80 games since 1998. Hardly what I would consider having a hard time staying healthy...since he was quite productive.

What I'm basing my opinion of Muhammed being injury prone, is the talk over at the Panthers board. When I was over there I was surprised how down many of the more intelligent posters were on the topic of Muhammed.

I guess the past 2-3 years he has had real difficulty staying healthy, and he misses games for injuries that a lot of players might play through....I just looked up Muhammed and he has actually missed only seven games the past two years, so that isn't too bad. Robinson is the one that scares me the most though.

OP
OP
S

spanky

All Star
Reaction score
How about answering the question......would we want both of them and how much would it cost. Injury prone aside!!!!I'm trying to see how this might impact on our draft. It would buy us time to evaluate the young WR'S that are already on our roster if it was a potentially good move to get them both.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by spanky
How about answering the question......would we want both of them and how much would it cost. Injury prone aside!!!!I'm trying to see how this might impact on our draft. It would buy us time to evaluate the young WR'S that are already on our roster if it was a potentially good move to get them both.

Yeah, we want both.
Two years and 2.5M for MM, 2 years 3 for Robinson.

Please call with any questions.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I would take both. If the Cards signed them I would think that they would not use their second round pick on a receiver. As far as money, we might be able to sign them both to contracts at around two million a year each. Anything less and some other team would get them for sure.