I'm a Steeler and a Cardinals fan

Slacker

Rookie
Reaction score
I moved from Pa in 1987 to Tucson. I was a diehard Steeler fan. After a few years, I became a Cardinal fan also especially after moving to Phoenix in 1991. I follow both teams. This weekend I was in HDTV heaven. Both teams were playing at the same time which is fine. The Steeler loss I can definately accept. It was a really good game and I can safely say that the Patriots were the better team that day. What a game. Hell, even the late game was fun to watch. There were exciting plays all over the place. Cardinal games on the other hand are just plain boring. They are bad to watch. They are BAD TV. Almost every game in the NFL you will see atleast a few big plays and exciting moments by both teams. I really don't think the Cardinals have one single exciting play in ther play book. Sorry, this is turning into a rant. All I wanted to say was that the Cardinals are boring to watch.

Red Fury

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Slacker said:
I moved from Pa in 1987 to Tucson. I was a diehard Steeler fan. After a few years, I became a Cardinal fan also especially after moving to Phoenix in 1991. I follow both teams. This weekend I was in HDTV heaven. Both teams were playing at the same time which is fine. The Steeler loss I can definately accept. It was a really good game and I can safely say that the Patriots were the better team that day. What a game. Hell, even the late game was fun to watch. There were exciting plays all over the place. Cardinal games on the other hand are just plain boring. They are bad to watch. They are BAD TV. Almost every game in the NFL you will see atleast a few big plays and exciting moments by both teams. I really don't think the Cardinals have one single exciting play in ther play book. Sorry, this is turning into a rant. All I wanted to say was that the Cardinals are boring to watch.

Me too, growing up in Pittsburgh and having season tickets during the 70 & 80's makes it tough to stomach the entire Cardinal organization and their lack of commitment to winning. Why can every other team in the NFL have their run of good teams but the Cardinals continually put such a poor product on the field.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Then go watch your Steelers. :shrug:

Well he is correct. The posts on this board on Sunday afternoons are usually more entertaining than the last 20 minutes of most Cardinal games.

For the record the weekly "Shooting themselves in the foot" reference came with 14:27 left in the 2nd quarter.

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
Slacker said:
I moved from Pa in 1987 to Tucson. I was a diehard Steeler fan. After a few years, I became a Cardinal fan also especially after moving to Phoenix in 1991. I follow both teams. This weekend I was in HDTV heaven.

Slacker:

I watched every minute of the Cardinals loss to Seattle, then switched over to see the end of the Steelers-Patriots game.

What a difference.

Two of the best teams in their conference, fighting it out not just to win a game, but for likely home-field advantage in the playoffs. The Pats extending their lead to seven late in the fourth, the Steelers tieing it up with just over a minute left, Vinatieri kicking another game-winner from 43 with 0:01 left on the clock.

Great football, and I'm not a particular fan of either team. (I'd picked the Steelers straight-up, for what that's worth.) But I'm not sure what your point is in comparing the two games as entertainment product.

I mean, what did you expect? In Pittsburgh, you had a rematch of last year's AFC Championship game. In Seattle, you had the Cardinals--3-23 in their last 26 road games--trying for their first win of the season.

If you're a fan, watch the Cards' televised games to see your team play, win or lose, good or bad. If all you want is good TV, change the channel.

WC

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wild Card said:
If you're a fan, watch the Cards' televised games to see your team play, win or lose, good or bad.

WC

Many Dolphins fans do that for their home games...

Fan apathy in Miami reached a new low. The game was a sellout, but the stadium was less than half full on a balmy, 80-degree afternoon.

That's from an article on last year's home loss to...the Arizona Cardinals. :D

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Many Dolphins fans do that for their home games...

Fan apathy in Miami reached a new low. The game was a sellout, but the stadium was less than half full on a balmy, 80-degree afternoon.

That's from an article on last year's home loss to...the Arizona Cardinals. :D

Brian:

It's a shame so many Dolfans stayed away. They could've told their grandkids that they saw the Cardinals win a road game. ;)

WC

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wild Card said:
Brian:

It's a shame so many Dolfans stayed away. They could've told their grandkids that they saw the Cardinals win a road game. ;)

WC

:biglaugh: