I'm getting tried of hearing about "the genius" Dick Lebeau

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Granted, the guy is a good defensive coach but c'mon. You'd think he created football the way he is getting praised this week. I guarantee he doesn't have one blitz scheme that the Cards, or any other NFl team, hasn't seen before. They act like he's inventing new blitzes as we speak. We kind of heard the same thing last game with Jim Johnson and look waht happened. With the way teams study films these days, there will be no surprises come Sunday. It will come down to who executes the best and that's it. They may shut down the Cards, unlikely, but it won't be because of some new blitz scheme. If the guy was that great, how come he flopped with the Bengals? The best thing about LeBeau is that he attended Ohio State.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. I have thoughts on it, but dont want to put it out there in the universe. :D

jaguarpaw81

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I credit LeBeau and management with most of Pittsburgh's success over the years. The only year they were really dominent was when Whiz was running the offense. LeBeau is the inventor of the zone blitz and I give him his props. You can really only be so prepared for his D because he can give you 8 different blitzes out of 1 look.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Getting annoyed by all the praise given to Dick Lebeau is like getting annoyed by all the praise given to Larry Fitzgerald. They have earned it and are both, arguably, the best at what they do in the NFL.

jaguarpaw81

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I am tired of the Steeler organization. Rooney, Tomlin and Ward literally make me sick to my stomach.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am tired of the Steeler organization. Rooney, Tomlin and Ward literally make me sick to my stomach.

Don't be ridiculous. The Steelers are a great organization. Few I would be prouder of to beat>

fdsgenesis

Reaction score
I think both sets of fans are tired of hearing it............ I say lets play the game, I can't wait for Sunday!

quadruple yoi

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
alot of you just don't get it. if the cards ever turn this franchise into a consistent winning one for 4 decades, then you'll understand why the players, coaches, owners, etc get so much praise.

great comment chopper0080!

jaguarpaw81

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Don't be ridiculous. The Steelers are a great organization. Few I would be prouder of to beat>
Why am I being ridiculous?? I never said they weren't a good football organization, I said they make me sick to my stomach. Technically, you cant really blame me for how my body reacts to them. :)

Last edited:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
We heard the same thing about Jim Johnson going in to the NFC Championship game...in fact I think there is less about LeBeau in comparison...we just get an extra week of it.

SteelersDave

Reaction score
Dick Lebeau
Jim Johnson

I am tired of the talkiing though as well. I have heard more about nothing than I ever thought possible this week. At least in our last SB, we had the Joey Porter show calling out Stevens to keep things interesting. Everyone is being too cordial this time around lol. Oh well, at least our teams are dominating coverage, that is a plus.

jaguarpaw81

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dick Lebeau
Jim Johnson

I am tired of the talkiing though as well. I have heard more about nothing than I ever thought possible this week. At least in our last SB, we had the Joey Porter show calling out Stevens to keep things interesting. Everyone is being too cordial this time around lol. Oh well, at least our teams are dominating coverage, that is a plus.
Well said. I would have liked to hear some jawing between Hines Ward and Adrian Wilson or Boldin and Polamalu. With the bad-ass WRs and SSs that both teams have combined with the Steelers' shunning of Grimm and Whis' departure this has all the makings.

The best part of this thus far, for me, has been the constant coverage of the Cards. I think this is far more media attention than we have gotten all the years of life combined. This Super Bowl thing is awesome. You Steelers have it all figured out. My Cards gotta do this more often.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm getting tired of it still not being Sunday!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05