Insider - Rumor central - Updated Feb. 22nd

sunsfn

Reaction score
NBA Rumor Central: Is KG Heading To New York?

Wednesday, February 22WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY
You must be registered for see images attach

Kevin Garnett
Timberwolves
Knicks?
Is KG Heading To New York?
Feb 22 - Web site RealGM, is reporting that New York and Minnesota are in serious discussions about a deal which would send Kevin Garnett to the Knicks in exchange for Penny Hardaway and Channing Frye.
WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY

Allen Iverson
76ers
Nuggets?
Denver's 2-guard Answer?
Feb 22 - The Denver Post reports the Nuggets are also believed to have made a longshot run at Allen Iverson, though talks did not get that far.
WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY

Steve Francis
Magic
Knicks?
Francis Talks Heat Up
Feb 22 - The Knicks have a deal in place to acquire Steve Francis from Orlando and the trade could be completed as early as Wednesday, reports the New York Times. A source tells the newspaper a trade bringing Francis to New York was "more likely than not" and that the deal would send Jamal Crawford, Maurice Taylor and possibly Trevor Ariza to Orlando for Francis and Pat Garrity.NBA sources told the Orlando Sentinel yesterday that Magic ownership is leaning toward trading Francis, likely in a multiplayer deal with the New York Knicks. Magic assistant GM Otis Smith told the New York Post yesterday that he would likely wait until Thursday's 3 p.m. deadline to make any deal.
"The negotiations between both Denver and Orlando are pretty serious," an Eastern Conference GM who spoke to Knicks president Isiah Thomas earlier in the day, told the New York Daily News. The newspaper reports the Knicks are currently looking into the medical status of Kenyon Martin's knee to make sure it is healthy for the long term.
Steve Francis said the trade scuttlebutt has affected his play, and he continued a trend of limited involvement, reports the Orlando Sentinel. He took just six shots and made three last night. "I just want it over with," Francis told the newspaper.

WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY

Speedy Claxton
Hornets
Hornets Not Shopping Speedy
Feb 22 - Hornets GM Jeff Bower denied any potential deal for Speedy Claxton, reports The Oklahoman. "I've read that, too. I don't think there's any truth to it," Bower said. "I haven't talked to the Pistons about Speedy." Hornets coach Byron Scott also refuted any talk of Claxton being traded. "It ain't going to happen," Scott told the newspaper. "Unless Joe wants to give us Chauncey (Billups). Speedy's not going anywhere."
WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY

Los Angeles
Deal
Feb 22 - Laker GM Mitch Kupchak told the Los Angeles Times Tuesday that a deal is "unlikely." According to the newspaper, Kobe Bryant met with Kupchak on Monday and did not ask for additional help before the trade deadline. "Nope," Bryant said, characterizing the meeting as productive. "It was good. This and that, yadda, yadda."

WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY

Phoenix
Colangelo Heading To Toronto?
Feb 22 - Suns President and GM Bryan Colangelo appears to be close to becoming Toronto's next general manager after meeting with Raptors officials Tuesday in Toronto, reports the Arizona Republic. According to the newspaper, three league sources said Colangelo appears ready to accept the position in Toronto as soon as the "final details," as one Eastern Conference source put it, are worked out. That would include salary talks that may more than triple his salary.

WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY

Darius Miles
Trail Blazers
Knicks?
Blazers Not Shopping Miles
Feb 22 - Blazers GM John Nash said Wednesday that the team was "active" in trade talks, and Nash said those talks centered around the team's veteran players, reports The Oregonian. Darius Miles told the newspaper after last nights game that he had not been told by Portland management that he's being shopped to other teams. According to the newspaper, this is mildly alarming because Miles has been traded twice before in his young career, by the Clippers and Cavalier and said both teams told him his departure might be coming.Miles and Theo Ratliff has been mentioned in rumors with New York.

WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY

Seattle
Is Ray Or Rashard Available?
Feb 22 - Rick Sund continues to work the phones to try to swing a trade for Reggie Evans or Ronald Murray, reports the Tacoma News Tribune. Sund told the newspaper that teams are calling about the availability of Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis, but Sund has told them that unless something extraordinary is offered that he plans on keeping the core of the team.

WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY

Tim Thomas
Bulls
Nets?
Spurs?
Will Spurs Sign Thomas?
Feb 22 - The San Antonio Express-News reports there is a possibility the Spurs will look to sign Tim Thomas if Chicago decides to waive him. According to the newspaper, Spurs assistant coach Don Newman has a good relationship with Thomas from their days in Milwaukee. Spurs coach Gregg Popovich also had tried to sign Thomas before he re-signed with the Bucks. The newspaper also reports that the Spurs may attempt to coax Latrell Sprewell out of retirement.The Nets also are hoping to sign Thomas if or when the Bulls release him, reports the Bergen Record.

WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY
Ben Gordon
Bulls
Bulls Not Shopping Gordon
Feb 22 - As of Tuesday night, GM John Paxson had no deal in the works involving Ben Gordon, a source told the Chicago Tribune."Hopefully, what it will do (playing well) is make me more valuable to the team, so I won't be traded," Gordon told the Chicago Sun-Times. "It never hurts to play good. I'm just trying to help my team win, so I'm not really thinking about the trade thing."

WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY
Indiana
Pacers Won't Make A Deal
Feb 22 - Barring a last-minute surprise, the Pacers won't make a trade before Thursday's deadline, reports the Indianapolis Star. "I don't anticipate us doing anything," Pacers CEO Donnie Walsh told the newspaper. "Through the stuff with Ronnie (Artest), we talked to a lot of people so there could be something that comes up late, but I'm not looking at it that way." According to the newspaper, Walsh dismissed media reports that Toronto rejected a deal to trade Chris Bosh for Jermaine O'Neal, saying no such deal was discussed.

WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY
Ruben Patterson
Trail Blazers
Riley Not Interested In Patterson
Feb 22 - Pat Riley reiterated Tuesday that the Heat isn't likely to make a move by the trading deadline, reports the Palm Beach Post. "I'm not inclined to do anything because I just think this team, to me, has enough when they're motivated," he told the newspaper. "When they're motivated they've shown so many great qualities.According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Riley was asked about Ruben Patterson, who has stated a desire for a trade to Miami. "We've not had any discussions at all," he said.
In related news ...

According to The Oregonian, Blazers GM John Nash said Ruben Patterson is still asking for a trade and Patterson said the team is telling him that if he wants out, he can terminate his $6.8 million player option for 2006-07. "I'd be dumb to just give that money away," Patterson told the newspaper.

WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY

Quentin Richardson
Knicks
Timberwolves?
Is Q Going To Minnesota?
Feb 22 - According to the San Antonio Express-News, the Knicks reportedly have talked to the Timberwolves about exchanging Quentin Richardson for Marko Jaric.

WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY
Utah
Jazz Not Part of Francis Speculation
Feb 22 - Despite several rumors mentioning the Jazz and player swaps, Kevin O'Connor told the Deseret Morning News Tuesday night, "We don't have anything on the hot stove, but that could change. We're talking to a lot of people. We keep talking," O'Connor said. "Absurd. Incorrect," O'Connor relpied about Matt Harpring and Kris Humphries rumors.O'Conner also denied to the Deseret Morning News that the Jazz are part of a possible multi-team deal in which the Knicks might get Steve Francis from Orlando. "No. Absolutely not," O'Connor said. "We're not part of the discussions to this point."

WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY
Memphis
Griz Likely To Stand Pat
Feb 22 - Memphis hasn't been involved in any significant discussions and likely will stand pat, according to a league source familiar with the team's dealings, reports the Memphis Commercial-Appeal. According to the newspaper, interest in Lorenzen Wright and his expiring $7.7 million contract proved fruitless. The team is not interested in receiving a similar salary with more years attached.

WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY

Tony Delk
Hawks
Cavaliers?
Heat?
Anyone Want Tony?
Feb 22 - Al Harrington isn't the only Hawks player whose name is being bandied about as the trade deadline approaches, reports the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Point guard Tony Delk could be traded before Thursday afternoon. According to the newspaper, the teams most often mentioned include Miami and Cleveland. Delk declined to comment before Tuesday's game.