Is This An Omen?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've been a FB Cardinals fan since 1947. But I started with the baseball Cardinals in 1945. And, both teams have struggled in the last couple of years. However, I attended Saturday's game against the Yankees and saw the Cards win at Yankee Stadium for the first time since 1964. And one of the main reasons St. Louis has had a mediocre season was the poor play of Jordan Walker. But yesterday, as the calendar turned to September, JW had a five hit game and became the youngest STL player to do so since Rogers Hornsby in 1916. And consider this:
* JW was the Cards top draft pick a few years back.
* MHJ was the FB Cards top draft pick this year.
* JW is 22 years old.
* MHJ is 22 years old.
* JW wears #18.
* MHJ wears #18.

Now, to me that's an omen.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
I'm pessimistic enough to take an omen that has us hovering around .500 like the baseball Cardinals.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t even count the number of times that somebody has went out their backyard or been on a hike on a Sunday morning or the Saturday before game. They come back on here and post a picture of a cardinal that they seen in the wild saying it was an omen. We turn around and get hammered… lol

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I can’t even count the number of times that somebody has went out their backyard or been on a hike on a Sunday morning or the Saturday before game. They come back on here and post a picture of a cardinal that they seen in the wild saying it was an omen. We turn around and get hammered… lol
every omen I have ever posted led to a win...
like the time I opened my front door christmas morning and the cardinal flew in my house and landed on top my christmas tree... the Cardinal, over the Star, on christmas day...and we stomped the cowboys
Nature can tell you things if you know how to hear.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure about the omen thing but I did watch that game yesterday. Nice to see Walker have a day like that considering his struggles. Also nice to see Baker and Nootbar homer. Been a frustrating season.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
I was in Tucson last year, and the day before the Cards unveiled the new uniforms, I saw a Desert Cardinal. Thought it was an omen that aligned with the crazy rumors I heard about what they had planned. Oh well.

(However, I'm still convinced there was something to those rumors, and might happen as an alt in the future.)

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here’s my best omen stories ever. My Mom and Dad were hardcore Cardinal fans in both baseball & football. They both were born in and died in Syracuse, NY. And they both loved the brutal winters of Syracuse lol. My Mom sadly passed away in May 2011. It just so happened that the Cardinals miraculously made it to the World Series that year & won a crazy game 6 against the Texas Rangers to get to a game 7. Now, understand that I live in York, PA. I woke up on the morning of October 28th, 2011 & there was 6 inches of snow on the ground. It was the largest snowstorm in October in York, PA history. As a matter of fact, we didn’t get another inch of snow that entire winter. My Dad called me that morning and said Mom is sending you a message. Put your money on the Cardinals tonight! I did. They won!

On the football side, I had moved to the DC area in 1982. My wife’s family had season tickets, so I went to every Cardinal game @ RFK from 82 on. I had sat & watched them lose 11 straight to the Skins during that stretch. In 93, my wife thought it would be fun to have my parents come in from Syracuse and go to a Cardinal/Skins game. My Mom came in her Cardinal gear & told all the Skins fans around us that the Cardinals would win. I tried to quiet her down a little, but she would have none of that. My Dad just sat back and laughed while they all had their fun with her. Needless to say, the Cardinals won that day 17-10. Pretty sure that was Buddy Ryan’s first year. That was the first time I had ever witnesses a Cardinal win in person. My overall record watching them in person is 3-33 lol. My youngest son has NEVER seen them win a game. Sadly, we’re both going the Buffalo game lol. But, I plan on bringing a picture of my Mom with me. Hopefully her memory will bring us a W.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s my best omen stories ever. My Mom and Dad were hardcore Cardinal fans in both baseball & football. They both were born in and died in Syracuse, NY. And they both loved the brutal winters of Syracuse lol. My Mom sadly passed away in May 2011. It just so happened that the Cardinals miraculously made it to the World Series that year & won a crazy game 6 against the Texas Rangers to get to a game 7. Now, understand that I live in York, PA. I woke up on the morning of October 28th, 2011 & there was 6 inches of snow on the ground. It was the largest snowstorm in October in York, PA history. As a matter of fact, we didn’t get another inch of snow that entire winter. My Dad called me that morning and said Mom is sending you a message. Put your money on the Cardinals tonight! I did. They won!

On the football side, I had moved to the DC area in 1982. My wife’s family had season tickets, so I went to every Cardinal game @ RFK from 82 on. I had sat & watched them lose 11 straight to the Skins during that stretch. In 93, my wife thought it would be fun to have my parents come in from Syracuse and go to a Cardinal/Skins game. My Mom came in her Cardinal gear & told all the Skins fans around us that the Cardinals would win. I tried to quiet her down a little, but she would have none of that. My Dad just sat back and laughed while they all had their fun with her. Needless to say, the Cardinals won that day 17-10. Pretty sure that was Buddy Ryan’s first year. That was the first time I had ever witnesses a Cardinal win in person. My overall record watching them in person is 3-33 lol. My youngest son has NEVER seen them win a game. Sadly, we’re both going the Buffalo game lol. But, I plan on bringing a picture of my Mom with me. Hopefully her memory will bring us a W.
If the Cards are kicking a field goal for the win. Please close your eyes

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
No mention of the 1926 cursed championship, Pottsville has its coal ball in the hof, I seen it there. How much would Michael need to oay to burn that SOB.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
One of the top graphic designers in sports lives in Pottsville:

Joe Bosack

He and I have discussed that curse on numerous occasions.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky