It ain't over!!

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
wrong. the spurs are veterans, whiners,floppers, clutch performers, adjusters, and very well-coached. they wont let anyone have game 7, especially a small bull type of club that can not protect leads very well. its a real shame that the spurs are probably going to win a championship because of a dirty play of one of their own members. stupid- shows another flaw in the way the nba is run

ndjmc

Do or Do not.
Reaction score
i agree but this one would have been sweet man

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Furio, I agree with you. We win game 6 with Amare coming back. It'll be a very close game, but if the officiating is close to fair I think we can pull it out. Game 7 with a complete team back in Phoenix, I have a lot of faith that they would be able to win that also.

OP
OP
F

Furio

Rookie
Reaction score
Yeah we lost, it hurts, but I'm still proud knowing these suns gave 200% tonight. Game 6 is going to be played and we can't predict what will happen, but one thing I can predict is that they'll give it their all. I understand trying to be realistic, but until it's over, don't ever count out the Suns.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Yeah we lost, it hurts, but I'm still proud knowing these suns gave 200% tonight. Game 6 is going to be played and we can't predict what will happen, but one thing I can predict is that they'll give it their all. I understand trying to be realistic, but until it's over, don't ever count out the Suns.

im not proud at all about giving 200%, that means we dont have very much left for game 6.

to have a good chance, the suns should move marion over to the 4 spot more often, like when KT goes off the floor. not only will he able to score more but he can double down on duncan with amare. do that, and they stand a chance.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Game 6 is ours. I know it. I rarely give concrete predictions like this, but I'm comfortable doing it this time.

OP
OP
F

Furio

Rookie
Reaction score
im not proud at all about giving 200%, that means we dont have very much left for game 6.

to have a good chance, the suns should move marion over to the 4 spot more often, like when KT goes off the floor. not only will he able to score more but he can double down on duncan with amare. do that, and they stand a chance.

You're not proud? So if we played 90% and lost, you would think we had a better chance for game 6? How many people here would be complaining about how little effort we gave and how we're a weak team that didn't show up for game 5?

Too much second guessing here.

PHX 32

Hard times on Planet Orange
Reaction score
I am thoroughly depressed. I have no hope right now, and I think this series is over. Thank you NBA, for once again succeeding in somehow making a point that the Suns' style cannot succeed in the playoffs.

HooverDam

Reaction score
wrong. the spurs are veterans, whiners,floppers, clutch performers, adjusters, and very well-coached. they wont let anyone have game 7, especially a small bull type of club that can not protect leads very well. its a real shame that the spurs are probably going to win a championship because of a dirty play of one of their own members. stupid- shows another flaw in the way the nba is run

Bologna. Its not over until its over. The Suns have two games left to win, and they can do it. Amare and Diaw will have to score big time to win game 6, then game 7 at home, w/ Horry playing, the crowd will be jacked. I still believe.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If I'm the Spurs, this win would leave ashes in my mouth. How on earth do you almost lose to a team that loses an All Pro and key backup guy, a team that plays only six guys, and a team that does not even shoot all that well?

In the end, the Suns lost because they ran out of gas and couldn't defend the three in the last part of the game. The mighty Spurs couldn't destroy a team that had no chance of matching up.

How are they going to deal with the return of a really pissed off Amare - while continuing to not have their main small ball inside guy in Horry?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I think the Suns can win Game 6, but I'd feel a lot better if they hadn't wasted so much energy tonight. It was inevitable that they'd get overtaken down the stretch, because they were just too tired and didn't have enough weapons. Throughout most of the fourth quarter, the whole offense was basically trying to get Kurt Thomas wide open for an 18-footer. And the Spurs couldn't keep missing every three-pointer forever.

I'll stay hopeful for Game 6, but this game was just sad, even though the effort was terrific.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nash sounds defeated in his post game. He's always low-key, but he doesn't have his confidence right now.

Toothbrush

Registered
Reaction score
I give up on making predictions. I think I'm just going to forget about the suns until friday nite. I don't want to get an ulcer.

HooverDam

Reaction score
We are going to go to San Antonio and beat their brains in, then we are going to come back to Phoenix, Horry will play, the crowd will go nuts, and we will win again and we'll all say what a great series it was.

GO SUNS GO

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
We are going to go to San Antonio and beat their brains in, then we are going to come back to Phoenix, Horry will play, the crowd will go nuts, and we will win again and we'll all say what a great series it was.

Hey, do you think Westphal could come back and play a few minutes at backup PG?

NDNACE

Rookie
Reaction score
The Suns played their hearts out tonight and for that I give them big time props. But I had the sick feeling in my stoach something bad was going to happen if the game was close at the end. Remember Elie, Paxson, and now Bowen? Sickening.

I'm not going to watch Friday's game as intently as tonight's. It's too emotionally draining for me. 1980 Mother's Day Sonics, 1981 Kings series, 1990 Blazers, 1993 Bulls, 1994 and 95 Rockets, 2005 and 06 Mavs. Depressing.

It is too much to ask for my Suns to win for a second time in San Antonio. Thank you David Stern and the NBA and congratulations for joining my list above because you beat us not the Spurs.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Amare is going to have to carry us Friday. That is the only way we can win. I hope he knows that.

I don't know if I believe they can win. I don't know if they believe they can win. SA does not want to come back to Phoenix for game 7.