Jackie Brown

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Plot Summary

Genres: Crime, Drama, Thriller
Tagline: This Christmas, Santa's Got A Brand New Bag
Plot Outline A female flight attendant becomes a key figure in a plot between the police and an arms dealer.
Plot Synopsis: Jackie Brown is the name of a flight attendant who gets caught smuggling her boss' gun money on the airline she works for. Luckily for her, the Fed Ray Nicolet and the LA Cop Mark Dargus decide to team up in order to arrest the arms dealer she works for, whose name they don't even know. Here's when she has to choose one way: tell Nicolet and Dargus about Ordell Robbie (the arms dealer) and get her freedom -except that if Ordell suspects you're talking about him, you're dead- or keep her mouth shut and do some time. That's when she meets Max Cherry -her bail bondsman-, a late fifties, recently separated, burnt-out man, who falls in love with her. Then Jackie comes up with a plan to play the Feds off against Ordell and the guys he works with -Louis Gara and Melanie Ralston, among others- and walk off with their money. But she needs Max's help. No one is going to stand in the way of his million dollar payoff...

Actors: Pam Grier, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Forster, Bridget Fonda, Michael Keaton
Directors: Quentin Tarantino

I finally watched this. I loved De Niro’s role. I read that Stallone wanted to play this role. That would have been very interesting to see. I just can't seem to picture that working.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Jackie Brown, while most people, including QT fans dont like it.

I think it is a solid film with some amazing performances. Robert Forster steals every scene he is in IMO.

Did you notice that Michael Keaton plays the same character as in "Out of Sight" another Elmore Leonard book adaptatation?

Whenever I am lost with someone in a parking lot, I say "Where's the caaaaar Lewissss?". ;)

Beaumont: Man, you must be out of your f'n mind if you think I'm gonna get in this dirty-ass trunk.
Ordell Robbie: We ain't going nowhere but to Koreatown, man. You ain't gonna be locked in here no more than ten minutes.
Beaumont: I ain't ridin' in no trunk for no minute, man.

OP
OP
Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Beaumont: Man, you must be out of your f'n mind if you think I'm gonna get in this dirty-ass trunk.
Ordell Robbie: We ain't going nowhere but to Koreatown, man. You ain't gonna be locked in here no more than ten minutes.
Beaumont: I ain't ridin' in no trunk for no minute, man.

That was a great scene. It cracked me up when he just drove around the corner.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a great scene. It cracked me up when he just drove around the corner.

Great QT trademark shot. Keeping the camera in the same position and letting the subject move around. He did the same thing in the hallway scene early in Pulp Fiction and when he zooms out of the church to reveal the Deadly Viper Squad in KBv2.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My comment when I saw this movie is Pam Grier was remarkably hot given her age.
She was 48 years old when that movie came out and she could have easily passed for early 30's?

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My comment when I saw this movie is Pam Grier was remarkably hot given her age.
She was 48 years old when that movie came out and she could have easily passed for early 30's?

Absolutely. :thumbup:

I've been saying for years that I need to watch all the "Blacksploitation' films like Foxy Brown, etc back when she actually was that age.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bridget Fonda was SMOOOOOOKING hot in this movie. DAMN!!!

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not one of my fav QT movies - but it still beats the majority of directors out there. even on an off movie, QT is better than most. and by saying that it is an "off-movie" is in anyway saying that it was a bad movie. i liked it a lot - but compared to the rest of his work, it is not as good.

shawn