Jake is gone to the bobcats

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Team clears $1.875 million for Johnson
Associated Press

The Phoenix Suns continue to position themselves to match an expected five-year, $70 million dollar offer sheet from the Atlanta Hawks for Joe Johnson.

On Wednesday the Suns agreed to send center Jake Voskuhl to the Charlotte Bobcats for a conditional second round pick, a Suns team souce said.

The move clears $1.875 million off the cap for Phoenix. Suns owner Robert Sarver has charged Suns managment with finding a way to match Johnson's offer without incurring the luxury tax next season.

According to the same Suns source, the team still intends to match any offer for Johnson.

This move combined with the new amnesty clause (Phoenix plans to ask for relief from Howard Eisley's contract) should do the trick.

OP
OP
B

Ballamania

Registered
Reaction score
i was trying not to jump the gun on what i thought was going to happen with joe, but it seems like they are really trying to get it done. they know he is crucial to the success and chemistry. plus i dont think sarver wants to get protests at the games or assualted even.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if Jake wins the MVP, the Suns will get slightly more than bubkis? :)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Conditional 2nd round pick = virtually useless, ESPECIALLY from the Bobcats.
Yeah I agree 2cnd round picks suck. Oh wait, Dijon is a second rounder... Now, I'm confused! :D

Dr. Dumas

Registered
Reaction score
My guess is that Sarver received the "Save JJ campaign list," and is trying his best to not upset us.

I think this is a very good sign-and I would almost bet that JJ will be in a Suns uniform next season.

I hate to see Jake go, but he just doesn't fit in with this team anymore. Maybe Jake will get more minutes with his new team. He always gave 100% when he was on the floor.....My best wishes to ya.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Team clears $1.875 million for Johnson
Associated Press

The Phoenix Suns continue to position themselves to match an expected five-year, $70 million dollar offer sheet from the Atlanta Hawks for Joe Johnson.

On Wednesday the Suns agreed to send center Jake Voskuhl to the Charlotte Bobcats for a conditional second round pick, a Suns team souce said.

The move clears $1.875 million off the cap for Phoenix. Suns owner Robert Sarver has charged Suns managment with finding a way to match Johnson's offer without incurring the luxury tax next season.

According to the same Suns source, the team still intends to match any offer for Johnson.

This move combined with the new amnesty clause (Phoenix plans to ask for relief from Howard Eisley's contract) should do the trick.

OK, even with these two moves, don't we still need to sign a couple guys? Isn't the only way to avoid the cap hell AND resign JJ to a max deal, to sign a couple Euros because we can leave them in the Euro league and not have it count against the cap? :shrug: Even NBPD (or whatever the hell the development league is called) count against the cap!

OP
OP
B

Ballamania

Registered
Reaction score
i'm thinking that another big is going to have to come into play. hopefully its hunter but if not a least someone who's not a stiff.there is no REAL center on the current roster. Tischer( yeah, right)

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yuma said:
OK, even with these two moves, don't we still need to sign a couple guys? Isn't the only way to avoid the cap hell AND resign JJ to a max deal, to sign a couple Euros because we can leave them in the Euro league and not have it count against the cap? :shrug: Even NBPD (or whatever the hell the development league is called) count against the cap!

players left in Europe don't count against the salary cap. They also don't count as a player on the roster. Regardless of whether they are trying to meet the minimum number of players on the roster they desperately need some depth in the frontcourt. Currently Amare, Thomas, and Tischer are there only players over 6-9.

I'm looking for a veteran big man who falls through the cracks for the minimum and Lonnie Jones. :)

Joe Mama

Biclops

Superhero with glasses
Reaction score
we are now one step closer to resigning JJ

man... too bad we cant sign anyone until beginning of august *boo* :(

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
10-to-1 McCarty and/or Bo will be on the team next season. And don't forget Casey Jacobsen just sitting there, even though we have no need for him.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Yeah, even though jake didn't play much, he does have some size. I wonder what the plans are to get someone to backup KT or amare. Hopfully hunter, buy we will see i guess.

I wonder if they might have done this to make room for players they would get back in a sign and trade for JJ? :sarcasm:

:D

asudevil83

Reaction score
Yuma said:
Yeah I agree 2cnd round picks suck. Oh wait, Dijon is a second rounder... Now, I'm confused! :D

by useless it pretty much guarranteed that we wont be seeing that pick. Charlotte is a building team and they wouldnt give up a decent second rounder for Jake. that pick is pretty much going to be a low to mid second for the next 2 years or so, and its probably a top 50 protected pick.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Great move Suns. Who cares if we dont get anything in return, we get cap space and thats what we needed. Now lets try to resign JJ, Hunter and McCarty.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
I guess this makes re-signing Hunter out of the question.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05