Jason Worilds

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Do want

Virginia Tech outside linebacker-defensive end Jason Worilds turned in an impressive Pro Day workout today, running the 40-yard dash between 4.47 and 4.55 seconds for a 4.51 average.

The 6-foot-1, 254-pound pass rusher turned in a 4.07 in the 20-yard shuttle and a 9-10 broad jump.

Worilds performed defensive line drills for the Carolina Panthers and linebacker drills for a Pittsburgh Steelers assistant.

Worilds stood on the rest of his numbers from the NFL scouting combine where he ran a 4.65 and bench pressed 225 pounds 24 times and posted a 38-inch vertical leap.

Worilds is a hybrid pass rusher who could fit in as a situational rusher or could transition well as a 3-4 outside linebacker candidate.

Worilds declared for the draft following his junior season.

He was named second-team All-Atlantic Coast Conference, registering 49 tackles, 11 for losses, 4 1/2 sacks, one forced fumble and 32 quarterback hurries.

With his eye-catching speed off the edge, Worilds has been projected everywhere from the second round to the third round by draft analysts.

Source: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Jason-Worilds-runs-in-high-44-low-45-range-today.html

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Virgina Tech is the posterchild for fast tracks. I always take their pro days numbers with a grain of salt.

Worilds is an underachiever with a very intriguing skillset.

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
I am a believer that we have to add another OLB in this draft, but I do not see it as being a must in the first round. That being said, I'd much rather wait till the mid round picks, preferably rounds 4-6 to grab one and Jason Worilds is number 2 on my list of prospects only behind Arthur Moats.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Virgina Tech is the posterchild for fast tracks. I always take their pro days numbers with a grain of salt.

Worilds is an underachiever with a very intriguing skillset.

Yeah that's the basic consensus on Worilds. I could see us drafting him in the 2nd round if the coaching staff/front office believe we do need to address OLB early, and most of the higher rated guys are already off the board (ala Cody Brown last year).

He's a projection at this point, is extremely talented but hasn't really produced to that talent level yet.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05