Jim O- Is DT Wendall Bryant taking part in the off-season program?

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
This guy has awesome potential and would fill a major void for the Cardinals (run stuffing DT) if he can get his head out of his a*s! As it is he seems to be on thin ice and I would think if he is not taking part in the off-season workout program he is truly done in Arizona.
If he is taking part in the off-season program it would lead you to think he will get one more shot to prove himself this pre-season which would make me very happy!
Jim O- have you seen him there at all???

Thanks!
Tim

Toro

Registered
Reaction score
IMO, he will not be on the team in 2005.

For those of you who were at the Tampa Bay game on 1/2, did you notice that W. Bryant was not on the active roster that day and he sat on the medics bench with his pick comb in his hair the whole game?

What a waste!

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Toro said:

For those of you who were at the Tampa Bay game on 1/2, did you notice that W. Bryant was not on the active roster that day and he sat on the medics bench with his pick comb in his hair the whole game?

What a waste!

When they drafted him they mentioned how smart he was because he was a finance major. Well, he was wan't he. Cards got fleeced...

Reaction score
AZCardsWin said:
Jim O- Is DT Wendall Bryant taking part in the off-season program?

Good question!

I'm afraid that the answer is close to CardNots response.

What a waste!!! :mad:

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jim O is no longer free to share info with us. Denny Green has that place on info lock-down.

My own guess is that Bryant will not make the 53 man roster.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
AZCardsWin said:
This guy has awesome potential and would fill a major void for the Cardinals (run stuffing DT) if he can get his head out of his a*s! As it is he seems to be on thin ice and I would think if he is not taking part in the off-season workout program he is truly done in Arizona.
If he is taking part in the off-season program it would lead you to think he will get one more shot to prove himself this pre-season which would make me very happy!
Jim O- have you seen him there at all???

Thanks!
Tim

Bryant is too small to play the Run stuffing DT role. The only roles he could play for on the Cards are UT and LDE, but he is assed out in both Depts. Because he is playing behind Dockett and King at UT and he is playing behind Chike and with the resigning of Zellner last years LDE I don't see him getting much action on that side either.
I think the guy should start practicing flipping burgers or selling Encyclopedias or whatever he will be doing when he is out of Football very shortly.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Toro said:

What a waste!

I remember that game and I am surpised he's still with the team. Must be some kind of salary cap issue because I would guess he'll be cut after June 1, unless he turns it on in camp.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DevonCardsFan said:
I think the guy should start practicing flipping burgers or selling Encyclopedias or whatever he will be doing when he is out of Football very shortly.

He never has to work again. Thats how wonderful the draft is. Trade all draft picks away for guys that proved they care about the game.

DKCards

Reaction score
DevonCardsFan said:
Bryant is too small to play the Run stuffing DT role. The only roles he could play for on the Cards are UT and LDE, but he is assed out in both Depts. Because he is playing behind Dockett and King at UT and he is playing behind Chike and with the resigning of Zellner last years LDE I don't see him getting much action on that side either.

He is as big or bigger then R Davis. He could be perfect for that position. I don't think it is his size that is hurting him just his drive (or lack of) to excel. I still hold out hope that he can turn it around but I won't count on it.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My own guess is that Bryant will not make the 53 man roster.
If nothing changes, I'd agree.

But I'm holding out the faint hope that Wendell finally gets it and has committed himself to an off-season of getting stronger and learning his trade.

(Hey! You never know. Sometimes guys will suddenly grow up and figure things out).

Reaction score
DevonCardsFan said:

Your joking right? :confused: Because Bryant is set for life financially!!!
He played the Cardinals!

Also I agree with DK, if Bryant had any gumption, he has plenty of size to play a two-gap DT (6'-4", 300+)...

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
CardLogic said:
Your joking right? :confused: Because Bryant is set for life financially!!!
He played the Cardinals!

Also I agree with DK, if Bryant had any gumption, he has plenty of size to play a two-gap DT (6'-4", 300+)...

Yes, I was just being an A Hole. I know he really will not be working at my local McDonalds, unless he blows his money like an idiot.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Trade him to Denver.That's where all first round DL busts go these days.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
DKCards said:
He is as big or bigger then R Davis. He could be perfect for that position. I don't think it is his size that is hurting him just his drive (or lack of) to excel. I still hold out hope that he can turn it around but I won't count on it.

Davis is 10 pounds heavier and if Bryant works hard in the offseason he could maybe start at the other tackle (he is 300+, 6'5") because so far we are running a quick attacking defense with no true NT.

ThunderCard

Reaction score
I wish he could have done anything for us, but watching him in the last game with a pick in his hair and that **** eating grin on his face I think it is over. His career seemed to end after the DUI. Maybe the Donkeys will give us a 7th rounder for him ...

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Bryant will get his chance in offseason workouts and mini camps.

He cannot be cut until June 1st without having a big cap hit. After June 1st will lower that blow. And the same goes for trading him we will have to eat a big portion of daed cap space if he is traded, which means I dont think the Cards are shopping him.

If traded or cut before June 1st we eat the remianing 2.2 mill left on his bonus and only get back 455K of his base salary.

Even if we wait till June 1st we still have 20 eat 1.1 mill bonus minus his 455K base.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Sadly, Joe, I would just eat the money just to get rid of him.​

It's pretty clear that the guy just doesn't care. And if you can't get motivated with guys like Berry around you. Then I really don't know what to think.​

I hope Pace can get it this year. Otherwise that is another first round bust.​

AussieCardinal

Looking for a Green Card
Reaction score
Redsz said:
Sadly, Joe, I would just eat the money just to get rid of him.​

It's pretty clear that the guy just doesn't care. And if you can't get motivated with guys like Berry around you. Then I really don't know what to think.​

I hope Pace can get it this year. Otherwise that is another first round bust.​
The good thing is that Pace seems to be seeing the Light!
Bryant i think is a lost cause! If Berry or even Coach Green cant motivate his behind, then he is used goods!

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Redsz said:
I hope Pace can get it this year. Otherwise that is another first round bust.
You have to realize that even though Pace was picked in the middle of first round, he was widely considered a big reach. Consider Pace a 2nd rounder and I think he did ok last year. He will be a good back up this season and hopefully will develop into a good, solid player.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Maybe he'll end up in Philly, next to Darwin Walker, and he'll enjoy a fruitful and ProBowl calibur career.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
az1965 said:
You have to realize that even though Pace was picked in the middle of first round, he was widely considered a big reach. Consider Pace a 2nd rounder and I think he did ok last year. He will be a good back up this season and hopefully will develop into a good, solid player.

Oh, I'm aware of that. But he was still a first round selection. So I hope he works out. Because I don't want another first round bust on our hands.

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bryant will be cut after June 1st so we can take the salary cap hit over two years. Some team will pick him up but he has no trade value.

Reaction score
az jam said:
Bryant will be cut after June 1st so we can take the salary cap hit over two years. Some team will pick him up but he has no trade value.

Everyone, repeat this loudly, "Some team will pick him up but he has no trade value!"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05