Jonah Williams status?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Usually can't run range of motion tests or clear imagery until the swelling goes down. Could take a week to get a picture
Seems like anythiing from ACLs to MCLs to Meniscus etc. We pretty much always have an answer by mid-week. Across the league generally no?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Nothing specific which is how teams operate nowadays.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I guess the middle of pack outcome. Not ready to go. Not out for season. Some time Could be anywhere from 1-2 weeks to 4-6 weeks

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
so guessing at things:

it wasn't an ACL or the like -- they would have put him on IR with no return designation

if we get through today (wednesday) with no IR move on him, then they think its a 1-2 week deal.

and this is one of my pet peeves: Gannon's Cardinals just cant give a crisp answer on injuries for some reason

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This feels like media guesswork.

Seems clear he was going to miss "some time". Big guys rarely get carted off with knee injuries and come back next week.

I don't think this changes anything.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is going to be your "told you so" phrase for the season, isnt it? Can't wait.
A few of us alarmed during the offseason were told all offseason (1) to pipe down because the offseason wasn’t over yet abd we had so much cap space; and (2) that we signed what we needed to be competitive.

Well, off-season is over. Games now count. We are sitting on a ton of cap space. And it doesn’t look like Ossi set up the defense to be any better than season (thus far - which is all we can comment upon). And it’s been ONE GAME and you’re complaining about this already? Lol. One game.

Maybe direct your ire at Ossi for the defense and not random posters who thus far seem correct in predicting that what Ossi built was going to be subpar.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is going to be your "told you so" phrase for the season, isnt it? Can't wait.
If our depth continues to be exposed? Why shouldn’t it be considering the amount of crap thrown at anyone who dared question our depth in the offseason? You didn’t have a problem when that repeatedly happened, so to bash me now seems rather hypocritical.

Which is totally expected.

It ain’t my fault our depth is weak AND we have very few stars. But it’s always easier for some here to take out their frustration on posters instead of the team.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
When will Hump be fully healed so we can re-sign him?

He was hurt in week 17. On Jan 8th he was still waiting for his MCL to reduce swelling before he had surgery.

He appeared on Justin Pugh's podcast in early March and was still a couple of weeks away from getting off crutches. That suggests he had his surgery in early Feb.

Kyler is a much smaller guy who worked his tail off and didn't get back until week 10. Hump had his surgery a month later.

I'd be amazed if Hump is healthy at all this season.

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was hurt in week 17. On Jan 8th he was still waiting for his MCL to reduce swelling before he had surgery.

He appeared on Justin Pugh's podcast on in early March and was still a couple of weeks away from getting off crutches. That suggests he had his surgery in early Feb.

Kyler is a much smaller guy who worked his tail off and didn't get back until week 10. Hump had his surgery a month later.

Aren’t MCLs easier to recover from than ACLs? Or did he tear both?

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He appeared on Justin Pugh's podcast on in early March and was still a couple of weeks away from getting off crutches. That suggests he had his surgery in early Feb.

Plus we have to take his weight into account for in the healing process

I would assume that bigger guys take longer to fully recover to 100%

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

This is my guess as well and it makes sense why the team hasn't signed him despite reportedly "wanting him back". It makes a lot of sense if the team did not expect him to healthy all of 2024.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If our depth continues to be exposed? Why shouldn’t it be considering the amount of crap thrown at anyone who dared question our depth in the offseason? You didn’t have a problem when that repeatedly happened, so to bash me now seems rather hypocritical.

Which is totally expected.

It ain’t my fault our depth is weak AND we have very few stars. But it’s always easier for some here to take out their frustration on posters instead of the team.

Beach is a fine backup tackle. This is what backup tackles look like.

There are no backup tackles out there that are starter calibre unless you drafted a guy to develop and got lucky that he's ready to step up, which we did with Chritian Jones, he's just not ready yet.

The Lions are SB contenders and their backup behind Sewell is some guy called Colby Sorsdal. The Niners backup swing tackle is Jaylon Moore. The Chiefs backup RT is a UDFA rookie from Marshall called Ethan Driskell.

I don't know what people expect. We're actually above average at tackle depth compared to most teams. The Rams wish they had a guy like Beachum on the roster.

Last edited: