Josh Hamilton is back... again

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I’ve been following this guy for a few years now. It’s great to see that he may have made a breakthrough in battling his demons. I wish him luck.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I am definately rooting for him..... I watched a video of him hit a ball out of the park off a batting tee (400 ft + ). The guy is amazingly talented

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Good for him, hopefully he can keep it together. Whats going on with the Marlins pitching prospect who had the OxyContin problem? He was a former first round pick who is having similar problems. Theres been lots of Marlin fans posting here lately who might know....

OP
OP
D

Delmon Young

Rookie
Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
Good for him, hopefully he can keep it together. Whats going on with the Marlins pitching prospect who had the OxyContin problem? He was a former first round pick who is having similar problems. Theres been lots of Marlin fans posting here lately who might know....

Jeff Allison? Not sure off hand.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Although he's not out of the woodwork yet, it's certainly nice to see that he's managed to (at least for now) turn it around.

For some, it doesn't take long to realize that all the God Given talents in the world aren't going to amount to a hill of beans if you keep pissing them down the drain with bad mistakes. I'm hoping Hamilton has gone down that path, because he's certainly got the talent to be a special player in the bigs.

Sadly though there are some, like the late Steve Howe, who finally did turn his life around only after it was too late, and his career was wasted.

Again, I hope Hamilton goes towards the first path rather than the latter.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
After missing the 2004 season, Allison returned last year and made 17 apperances with a 5-4 record with a 4.18 ERA at single A Greensboro. Unfortunately however, he fell off the wagon again and was indefinately suspended by the team in March for violating club policy.

Fishfan79

Reaction score
He went home to his family for something, they never released anymore information. Either he got back onto oxycotton or something else like it.

A shame, the kid had perhaps the best ever high school season recorded before he got drafted. He would of been starting for us now if he had kept his act together.