Just realized why I don't like the Spurs..

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just found these boards courtesy of the many links over at a board that I use to care about, respect, and frequent. Spurstalk. I no longer value any information off that site because of numerous reasons, including the unrealistic, all to biased Spurs fans. Although I have lived in San Antonio my whole life, I have never been a Spurs fan and I could never really put my finger on the exact reason I did not like the Spurs. Until now. Until now, I never realized the reason I dislike the Spurs is very simple. It's not the players on the roster. It's not the 'soft' style of play. It's not the coaches, arena, or the front office of the team. It's the fans. And the fan's lack of respect towards doing, saying, and promoting the right thing. You see, San Antonio does not have any other pro sports team to root for and a lot of people are just way too into the Spurs. It is almost like a fetish for them. Sick and disgusting in some cases as to how much people care about them. Anyways, with all that said, the Spurs fans support dirty plays, dirty players, and depend on another team's misfortune to win games. They can not and will not a lot of teams when they are full force in a 7 game series. They have 3 titles and the first one had a * next to it. And I can promise you that if they somehow get past the Suns and win it all, there will be another * next to it this year. The San Antonio fans are low class, disrespectful, and just plain rude. Bowen is a dirty player. Duncan is a cry baby. Manu is an actor who is good for nothing but flops. The Spurs are a disgrace to the NBA and I hope the Suns win tomorrow and win the series. Congrats Phx fans for being supportive of your team yet remaining classy. That is why I support you all and not San Antonio.

Furio

Rookie
Reaction score
Welcome, we need all the positive thoughts we can muster for tomorrow night's game.

I wouldn't cast all the spur fans as classless, but I understand what you're saying.

OP
OP
N
Reaction score
Sir, I have lived here with the SA fans my entire life. Each one is the same. They do not care how they win as long as they do. The entire opposing team could die the night before the game and as long as it is a forfiet and the Spurs win, then it is all good in their eyes. They do not care about sportsmanship or compeition, they want to win a ring. And rightfully so.I mean, they never won before Duncan came. And Duncan's career is nearing end FAST. So they have to win right now because as soon as Duncan is gone, then it's back to first round playoff exits and an early night at the Taco stands...

panfolk

Registered
Reaction score
I lived in Texas long enough to know that most Texans are ill at ease if they feel their coloquialisms are being judged:)

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
It's so easy to label an entire group based on the actions of a few...unreal.

I'm a Spurs fan and I can look at it objectively, some people may not agree, but I call it as I see it. The suspensions were bad but the league did what it did.

Had you stopped at talking about the fans, then I would've believed you. But when you start calling the players out, then it makes me think you're a disgruntled Mavericks fan.

Also, every teams fans has its share of miscreants...EVERY TEAM. It's the duality theory in effect. You can't have classy without classless, you can't have strong without weak, and you can't have a sun without a moon. It just works that way.

Whichever team that wins is fully capable of representing the west but the title ain't automatic, don't believe me? Ask the Lakers about 2004.

It's now at a frenzied level and I don't think either teams fans are going to back down until the other is eliminated. I say good luck to Phoenix but it seems as if it's more appropriate to say in the words of Big John McCarthy, "You ready? - You ready? Let's get it on!

OP
OP
N
Reaction score
It's so easy to label an entire group based on the actions of a few...unreal.

I'm a Spurs fan and I can look at it objectively, some people may not agree, but I call it as I see it. The suspensions were bad but the league did what it did.

Had you stopped at talking about the fans, then I would've believed you. But when you start calling the players out, then it makes me think you're a disgruntled Mavericks fan.

Also, every teams fans has its share of miscreants...EVERY TEAM. It's the duality theory in effect. You can't have classy without classless, you can't have strong without weak, and you can't have a sun without a moon. It just works that way.

Whichever team that wins is fully capable of representing the west but the title ain't automatic, don't believe me? Ask the Lakers about 2004.

It's now at a frenzied level and I don't think either teams fans are going to back down until the other is eliminated. I say good luck to Phoenix but it seems as if it's more appropriate to say in the words of Big John McCarthy, "You ready? - You ready? Let's get it on!

Sir, it is proven that Bowen is a dirty player. It is also known that Duncan cries a lot and Manu flops. Those are facts.

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just found these boards courtesy of the many links over at a board that I use to care about, respect, and frequent. Spurstalk. I no longer value any information off that site because of numerous reasons, including the unrealistic, all to biased Spurs fans. Although I have lived in San Antonio my whole life, I have never been a Spurs fan and I could never really put my finger on the exact reason I did not like the Spurs. Until now. Until now, I never realized the reason I dislike the Spurs is very simple. It's not the players on the roster. It's not the 'soft' style of play. It's not the coaches, arena, or the front office of the team. It's the fans. And the fan's lack of respect towards doing, saying, and promoting the right thing. You see, San Antonio does not have any other pro sports team to root for and a lot of people are just way too into the Spurs. It is almost like a fetish for them. Sick and disgusting in some cases as to how much people care about them. Anyways, with all that said, the Spurs fans support dirty plays, dirty players, and depend on another team's misfortune to win games. They can not and will not a lot of teams when they are full force in a 7 game series. They have 3 titles and the first one had a * next to it. And I can promise you that if they somehow get past the Suns and win it all, there will be another * next to it this year. The San Antonio fans are low class, disrespectful, and just plain rude. Bowen is a dirty player. Duncan is a cry baby. Manu is an actor who is good for nothing but flops. The Spurs are a disgrace to the NBA and I hope the Suns win tomorrow and win the series. Congrats Phx fans for being supportive of your team yet remaining classy. That is why I support you all and not San Antonio.

I'll vouch for the new guy, I drove through San Antonio and it was pretty brutal. The Spurs have a ton of bandwagoners too.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
What I hate most about the Spurs is that if they win the series, I am going to be forced to root for the Utah Jazz, and that prospect makes me sick, so I probably won't watch anymore basketball until next year...

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Spurs win this series I'm not watching the rest of the playoffs.

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
Sir, it is proven that Bowen is a dirty player.
So the 7 times ALL-NBA Defense means what? It means that his entire body of work on the defensive side of the ball has been rewarded time and again.

It is also known that Duncan cries a lot
Every team has a superstar that complains about something...every team including this one. I don't have to link pics or anything right, I mean it's already our there in the press about this or that. Don't confuse your disdain from one team to cloud your judgement when it comes to this. I mean people in San Antonio have already given Amare an alternate last name.

and Manu flops.
Here is a list of players that have taken the most charges.

http://www.82games.com/charges0607.htm

Notice that Ginobili isn't even Top 30. Notice that the combined total for 2 Phoenix players is higher than the any 2 person combo for San Antono. In fact 1 Phoenix player was #1 in the league last year. So is it a flop or is it challenging your man to that spot? I say to you, that it's #2 and I'm sure that I stand on the choice less taken.

That is the fact, the stat, or at least the thing that is scientifically proven.

Last edited:

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the 7 times ALL-NBA Defense means what? It means that his entire body of work on the defensive side of the ball has been rewarded time and again.
How does that not make him dirty? He's tried to injure players from every other team. Him making the all NBA defense team doesn't make him a clean player. Weak argument.
Every team has a superstar that complains about something...every team including this one. I don't have to link pics or anything right, I mean it's already our there in the press about this or that. Don't confuse your disdain from one team to cloud your judgement when it comes to this. I mean people in San Antonio have already given Amare an alternate last name.

Timmy whines about everything. He acts like he's never committed a foul in his life. He ******* like a little girl.
Here is a list of players that have taken the most charges.

http://www.82games.com/charges0607.htm

Notice that Ginobili isn't even Top 30. Notice that the combined total for Phoenix players is higher than the combo for San Antono. In fact 1 Phoenix player was #1 in the league last year. So is it a flop or is it challenging your man to that spot? I say to you, that it's #2 and I'm sure that I stand on the choice less taken.

That is the fact, the stat, or at least the thing that is scientifically proven.
Charges? You're basing flopping on taking charges? Weakest argument yet. Most of Manu's flopping comes when he has the ball. He jumps in the air and flails about like he got mauled even if there wasn't any contact.

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
How does that not make him dirty? He's tried to injure players from every other team. Him making the all NBA defense team doesn't make him a clean player. Weak argument.

Timmy whines about everything. He acts like he's never committed a foul in his life. He ******* like a little girl.

Charges? You're basing flopping on taking charges? Weakest argument yet. Most of Manu's flopping comes when he has the ball. He jumps in the air and flails about like he got mauled even if there wasn't any contact.

You have an "interesting" postname, not one I would choose but whatever's clever!

The flop is mostly applied on the defensive side of the ball...that is why the taking charge position was chosen here. While I agree there are people that are good at drawing contact, it ain't because they're flopping, it's because they are good at drawing contact :) When you attack the rim, you're going to get a subjective call...unless of course you're Kobe Bryant, then it seems that you don't get to the line enough :)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You have an "interesting" postname, not one I would choose but whatever's clever!

The flop is mostly applied on the defensive side of the ball...that is why the taking charge position was chosen here. While I agree there are people that are good at drawing contact, it ain't because they're flopping, it's because they are good at drawing contact :) When you attack the rim, you're going to get a subjective call...unless of course you're Kobe Bryant, then it seems that you don't get to the line enough :)

The flop occurs:

1) When taking charges
2) When trying to draw a defensive foul when dribbling on the defender
3) When trying to draw a defensive foul when shooting
4) Moving without the ball on offense

3 of the above 4 points happen when the flopper is on OFFENSE, while the only one you even mention is on DEFENSE. Don't conveniently forget even the basics of basketball.

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
The flop occurs:

1) When taking charges
2) When trying to draw a defensive foul when dribbling on the defender
3) When trying to draw a defensive foul when shooting
4) Moving without the ball on offense

3 of the above 4 points happen when the flopper is on OFFENSE, while the only one you even mention is on DEFENSE. Don't conveniently forget even the basics of basketball.

The term flop didn't even come to mind until Vlade Divac became notorious for it. So yeah while I can agree that those 3 points apply, the main reason the word "Flop" is applied is due to Divac taking advantage of the rule that player cannot go through a defensive player who has established his position.

There is a reason that the link byline looks like this:
Last year's champ at drawing the offensive foul was Raja Bell but this season it's Anderson Varejao who took the title some mockingly describe as "biggest flopper"...

Those are the words of the statisticians not mine. Okay Y'all be cool.

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
You guys are missing the biggest reason people flop - Because the refs suck ass and call it everytime.

I know Nash flops.
I know Bell flops.
I know Manu flops.
I know Bowen flops.

EVEN GOD FLOPS!

Everyone does it to get a freebie.. The reason it's got outta control is crappy refs.

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
You guys are missing the biggest reason people flop - Because the refs suck ass and call it everytime.

I know Nash flops.
I know Bell flops.
I know Manu flops.
I know Bowen flops.

EVEN GOD FLOPS!

Everyone does it to get a freebie.. The reason it's got outta control is crappy refs.

I can agree with that...except the reference to the "man above", from what I've been told...he does everything for a purpose.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Man in Black,
... you can't have a sun without a moon. It just works that way.

It makes some sense to say you can't have a moon without a sun because a moon needs the light from a sun to be visible but its totally wrong to say you can't have a sun without a moon. Heck, you can have a sun with no planets at all around it.

Now we have a measuring stick for the worth of your observations...

ndjmc

Do or Do not.
Reaction score
Man in Black,

It makes some sense to say you can't have a moon without a sun because a moon needs the light from a sun to be visible but its totally wrong to say you can't have a sun without a moon. Heck, you can have a sun with no planets at all around it.

Now we have a measuring stick for the worth of your observations...

What are you [SIZE=-1]Copernicus [/SIZE] all of the sudden?

Errntknght

Reaction score
ndjmc,
What are you Copernicus all of the sudden?

What makes you think its all of a sudden? Oh, you haven't been around here for very long... still its nice to be recognized.

For some reason a TV show springs to mind... "Are you smarter than a fifth grader?" Something like that...

ndjmc

Do or Do not.
Reaction score
ndjmc,

What makes you think its all of a sudden? Oh, you haven't been around here for very long... still its nice to be recognized.

For some reason a TV show springs to mind... "Are you smarter than a fifth grader?" Something like that...

WHA? I wasn't talking to you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05