Justin Blackmon arrested for aggravated DUI

spanky1

Reaction score
He was arrested on Sunday morning in OKLA for aggraveted DUI (blood alcohol content over .15). This is his second arrest as he was busted during his college days.

Hopefully Fitz can keep Floyd on the straight and narrow.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have no idea why athletes can't just not drink alcohol...
4 game suspension coming. Poor Jacksonville fans, you guys can't get a break.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Somebody needs to get a clip of the OK Newspaper article reporting this and tape it to Floyds locker.

I like Floyd but im counting the days till he gets arrested out front of some club in Scottsdale. Reality is AZ is boring for a young guy and drinking is a fun alternative.

Stuff like that effects cards players much moreso than Lions or Jags. Whiz benches guys who cant get their act together, regardless of talent.

This helps Mike. Helps him refocus in case he was slipping at all.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I like Floyd but im counting the days till he gets arrested out front of some club in Scottsdale. Reality is AZ is boring for a young guy and drinking is a fun alternative.

AZ is boring for young people? I beg to differ. I had a blast as an adolescent and young adult growing up in Scottsdale.

Put it this way: AZ >>>>>>> South Bend in terms of entertainment factor. And I hate to break it to you but no matter where you go, be it L.A., Phoenix, or Wickenburg, alcohol is all around. It's up to Floyd to make positive life decisions. In addition, just because Blackmon got his 2nd DUI does not mean Floyd is going to replicate. If anything, it should serve as a model for him not to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Somebody needs to get a clip of the OK Newspaper article reporting this and tape it to Floyds locker.

Stuff like that effects cards players much moreso than Lions or Jags. Whiz benches guys who cant get their act together, regardless of talent.

Huh? I would find it very hard to believe that anyone who had been to or lived in other cities or states, would then draw that conclusion... The "reality" is that there are WAY more things to do for young guys here in AZ than just about any other state I have been to... Of all places, Floyd should find a huge amount of activities to keep him away from the club scene here in AZ.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
AZ is boring for young people? I beg to differ. I had a blast as an adolescent and young adult growing up in Scottsdale.
I agree, there's tons to do in AZ, more so than a lot of other states. We have a myriad of hiking trails, lakes/rivers, race tracks, dirt bike trails, mountain climbing, pool parties, club nightlife/hot girls everywhere, tons of great restaurants and the list keeps going. Bodha must need to get out more lol

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I agree, there's tons to do in AZ, more so than a lot of other states. We have a myriad of hiking trails, lakes/rivers, race tracks, dirt bike trails, mountain climbing, pool parties, club nightlife/hot girls everywhere, tons of great restaurants and the list keeps going. Bodha must need to get out more lol

:thumbup:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Huh? I would find it very hard to believe that anyone who had been to or lived in other cities or states, would then draw that conclusion... The "reality" is that there are WAY more things to do for young guys here in AZ than just about any other state I have been to... Of all places, Floyd should find a huge amount of activities to keep him away from the club scene here in AZ.

I am from NJ and when we visited I was astonished at the amount of things to do in AZ, even after crossing out all the line dancing bars. :D

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I have no problem if these players want to go out and get drunk and have some fun. Just use you newly found millions get a car service or a taxi to bring you home.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score

Why can't they hire a driver? Money is no problem.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Yeah, because athletes in SoCal and Florida, New York etc.. Always find a way to keep themselves in line, and always shun alcohol. :biglaugh:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, because athletes in SoCal and Florida, New York etc.. Always find a way to keep themselves in line, and always shun alcohol. :biglaugh:

Yeah, I feel like the more night life and entertainment there is, the higher the odds of guys going out, partying and potentially getting a DUI. New York might be the exception only because you need to take taxis to get anywhere.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Correction: Reality is OK is boring for a young guy and drinking is a fun alternative.

See, mine made more sense :)

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Why can't they hire a driver? Money is no problem.

This is what really surprises me.

Here's something my wife and I use. We live about 20 miles from 6th Street the popular entertainment district in down town Austin. When we want to go there and eat drink and listen to music we rent a room in a downtown hotel on one of the discount sites. It's like $60-80. Of course that's more because I'm so old I can't stay awake past 10PM than not wanting to drive drunk.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i get why athletes drink... what I don't get is why they don't just hire a limo when they go out... or make one of their posse (which they pretty much all have) drive. they're freaking millionaires.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Homie blew a .24! Damn!

Blackmon agreed to take a breathalyzer test and blew a .24 -- three times the legal limit of .08, Dickerson said.

Under Oklahoma law, a driver can be charged with aggravated driving under the influence when a test shows .15 or greater.

A Stillwater police officer tried to pull Blackmon over for speeding -- 60 mph in a 35 mph zone -- and driving left of center early Sunday morning, Dickerson said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8003562/jacksonville-jaguars-rookie-justin-blackmon-arrested-dui

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Since we had a nicname thread for Floyd, JB deserves it...

JACK DANIELS BLACKMON LABEL

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i get why athletes drink... what I don't get is why they don't just hire a limo when they go out... or make one of their posse (which they pretty much all have) drive. they're freaking millionaires.

Because they are just as stupid as the average Joe who does not call a taxi or call a friend when he is drunk.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
ironic that the biggest concern some people had with Floyd that made Blackmon a higher choice is what Blackmon gets in trouble for. Hopefully Floyd can stay out of trouble

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blackmon is an idiot. Could have hurt or killed himself or others. These guys (multiple offenders/extreme DUI) just don't care.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05