fordronken

Reaction score
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/388238p-329244c.html

Rebound of rage

Antonio Davis' wife busted in hot-java hurl

BY SHIA KAPOS in Chicago
and DAVE GOLDINER in New York
DAILY NEWS WRITERS

Knicks forward Antonio Davis' wife, whose quarrel with a fan last month brought her husband running into the stands, was charged yesterday with tossing a cup of hot coffee at a woman near Chicago, police said.

Kendra Davis was hit with misdemeanor battery and driving with a suspended license raps stemming from an October road-rage fracas, police said. She was freed last night after posting $5,000 bond.

The alleged java toss came after Davis supposedly ran a stop sign and cut off Kathleen Bessner at an intersection in Naperville, Ill., last Oct. 27, police said.

Bessner, 40, of Minooka, Ill., says that she shouted at Davis and the hoopster's wife threw a full cup of McDonald's coffee at her through the open driver's side window.

Davis countered that Bessner used a racial slur, which the woman denies. Either way, cops say Davis shouldn't have heaved the coffee. "It's not polite to talk that way, but it's not a crime," said Naperville Police Sgt. Joel Truemper. "Throwing a cup of coffee comes under the definition of battery."

Cops were called that day, but the woman didn't decide to press charges until yesterday.

Kendra Davis' lawyer told a local TV station, "She is very upset about this," and plans to fight the charges.

Davis was in the stands for a Knicks game against the Bulls in Chicago on Jan. 17 when she claimed fans started shouting obscenities in front of her two 10-year-old children.

After the four-letter words kept flying, she confronted Bulls fan Michael Axelrod in a finger-pointing standoff.

No punches were thrown. But Antonio Davis spotted the fracas and, thinking his wife was in danger, hopped into the stands and rushed to her side.

Antonio Davis was suspended for five games and lost nearly $630,000 in wages.

OP
OP
F

fordronken

Reaction score
How did one of the nicest guys in the league end up married to a complete psychopath?

And more importantly, what kind of person marries a millionaire athelete and still buys their coffee at McDonalds?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This story would never have been reported had the incident in Chicago never happened.

OP
OP
F

fordronken

Reaction score
Chaplin said:
This story would never have been reported had the incident in Chicago never happened.

In the New York media? Are you kidding? At the very least, Peter Vescey would have reported that the Knicks were talking to Jackie Christie about a possible sign-and-trade.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
fordronken said:
In the New York media? Are you kidding? At the very least, Peter Vescey would have reported that the Knicks were talking to Jackie Christie about a possible sign-and-trade.

Come on. You think this is the first time something like this has happened since Davis has been with the Knicks? :biglaugh:

myrondizzo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
fordronken said:
How did one of the nicest guys in the league end up married to a complete psychopath?
he probably afraid to break up with her.

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
fordronken said:
And more importantly, what kind of person marries a millionaire athelete and still buys their coffee at McDonalds?

Probably someone who knows where to get scaulding coffee to severely burn their victims. I think this crime was premeditated.

This chick is a nut though. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
She's still not as bad as Mrs. Doug Christie, yet. She got people fired, attacked a female PR person for the team who she thought saw Doug changing. Demanded he have his own dressing room to the Maloufs so Doug could retain his privacy. Demanded he flash her signals during the game to let her know he was thinking of her. I could go on, but I KNOW I am forgetting half of her oddball antics. :)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10944584/

From the article:

It's not the first time Kendra Davis has been involved in controversy, according to newspaper reports.

Kendra Davis, who was Miss Illinois Teen USA as 16-year-old Kendra Meeks in 1991, once got into a shouting match with the Knicks' Latrell Sprewell in Game 3 of a playoff series when Davis was a member of the Toroto Raptors.

In 2002, at a Raptors practice, Kendra Davis unleashed a verbal tirade against a Toronto Sun columnist who had written about hearing her voice her desire for Antonio to be traded. It was so bad that Raptors security had to intervene, the Chicago Tribune reported.

The Davises eventually did get Antonio traded to the Bulls on Dec. 1, 2003, prompting a Sun columnist Steve Simmons to write, "Appropriately named, the Chicago Bulls get Mr. and Mrs. Davis in the trade and soon they will understand what bull is all about."

Attachments

• davis.jpg
    davis.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 850

jibikao

Reaction score
fordronken said:

lol :biglaugh:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
justAndy said:
I'd hit it one time.
Thank you! I had a whole thread where noone would admit, except for me, that they'd hit it! Nice booty! :devil:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22