LA Daily News

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
A source close to Bryant said he wants to play for a young team, one where he would be the unquestioned leader in the locker room and on the court.

Sounds like the Suns to me.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
There is no question KOBE would be the leader of this team. And there is no reason Amare wouldnt accept that. Even he knows KOBE has been there done that allready at this early stage of his career...

Amare & Kobe would work great together because they BOTH have a hard work ethic, and want to be the best...

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
BEERZ said:
There is no question KOBE would be the leader of this team. And there is no reason Amare wouldnt accept that. Even he knows KOBE has been there done that allready at this early stage of his career...

Amare & Kobe would work great together because they BOTH have a hard work ethic, and want to be the best...

Kobe Bryant would be the leader of this team. I agree with that. I think Amare Stoudemire would like to have him here, but I'm not 100% sold that they would end up getting along real well.

I definitely agree that they both have good hard work ethic, and that would at least help to keep them respect each other.

Joe Mama

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe Bryant would be the leader of this team. I agree with that. I think Amare Stoudemire would like to have him here, but I'm not 100% sold that they would end up getting along real well.

I definitely agree that they both have good hard work ethic, and that would at least help to keep them respect each other.

That said, with the LA Clippers and probably the Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant would be the unquestioned leader of the team. However if he wants a good shot at a championship with a young team that he leads this is probably his best opportunity.

Joe Mama

scotsman13

Reaction score
if kobe came in and changed so he saw that he was a member of the team and worked at helping his teammates then he would i feel be co captian of the team with amare. and if push came to shove between them i believe that kobe would be on the first plane out of town. the suns love amare, they may like kobe but amare is the big man that they have always wanted. he shows his emotions on the court. this has been something that the suns have missed the last couple years. i believe the suns are going to do whatever it takes to keep amare a suns for life.

so i guess kobe wouldnt be the unquestion leader of the team. if he came in and changed his attidue then he might get a little more pull with the team but he thinks that he will freeze out his teammates to make sure he puts up good numbers then you can count on his ticket out of town being fast in coming if he were to sign with the suns.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Here's another take, by Mark Heisler of the LA Times:

Intent on staying in the area, Bryant has narrowed his focus to the local teams, expressing no real interest in seemingly viable options such as Phoenix or San Antonio.

IMO the Suns' chances at Kobe are like the old lady on The Price is Right whose bid winds up buried in the middle. They're counting on Kobe to be confident (i.e. willing to leave Shaq and refuse the prospect of instant championships with the Spurs) but not too confident (and think he can build up the Clippers or rebuild the Lakers from scratch). They want Kobe to hate Shaq (and be willing to leave the Big Security Blanket) but not too much (and be turned off by the prospect of a similar situation developing in Phoenix). They hope Kobe will want to leave the spotlight (of LA) but not run away too far (San Antonio). They hope Kobe will want to pick his teammates but not want to act as his own GM, listen to his father but not his wife, friends or fans, want to be 'the Man' but still want to play a team game, etc.

It's been a while since I saw that TV show, but IIRC the high bid or the $1 bid usually scooped up the prize. :shrug:

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The LA times is making up rumors for weeks now and changing them daily.

I would like to know how they got that info right now that Kobe is on the other half of the globe vacationing.

The LA times also writes that Kobe is the Clips to lose. lol

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Basically all these reporters are making it sound like Kobe's looking for the team that will give his ego the most massaging for the buck.

Come on over Kobe, Phoenix Suns do you long time real nice! :p

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
devilalum said:
Basically all these reporters are making it sound like Kobe's looking for the team that will give his ego the most massaging for the buck.

Come on over Kobe, Phoenix Suns do you long time real nice! :p
:biglaugh:

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sigh. Delusion has fled the Cards board and taken up residence here. Where is slin? He's due to jump in on this.

My wife is reading this over my shoulder and warns the crow I may have to eat may be a big one.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake