Let The Games Begin

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
So---here we Arizona Cardinals fans are a mere hours from the start of a brand new season---wahoo!

I don't know about you---but here are my thoughts:

1. I was up every two hours last night, almost like clockwork---just as I used to be as a kid on Christmas Eve.

2. I am worried about the opponent---it doesn't matter who it is---I respect them all---and I can see how they could beat the Cardinals. I have already imagined it---and I have already practiced what I am going to say to myself if it happens---how I am fiercely going to try to avoid feeling the desperation of thinking that this game could, in retrospect, be the one to knock the Cardinals out of the playoffs. You know---we HAVE to win every game at home to have a chance with our schedule, right?

3. I don't think it is wise to make predictions, especially predicting the Cardinals to win.

4. I am afraid of the injury monster and feel like he is always lurking around my team.

5. I will not allow myself a SINGLE second to believe the Cardinals have won until the 4th quarter clock reads 0:00.

6. I will not answer the phone during the game.

7. I am wondering this year whether I need to put on a special shirt or underwear. If we are losing at halftime I will change my shirt. If we are losing badly---my underwear too, by necessity.

8. I am going to light the little candle next to my Cardinals helmet by the TV.

9. I am going to eat something at half-time.

10. I am not going to have a beer until the 4th quarter.

11. I am going to make my yearly resolution to love watching the Cardinals games the way I did when I was an 8 year old kid. I am going to try not to fight my way through the games all tied up in knots to the point where I wonder if I am really enjoying the game or not.

12. I am desperately not going to think already about next year's draft.

Whenever my mom took me and my sisters to the beach for a week in the summer---the best and happiest week of the year---when we would open the front door of the beach rental she would always shout, "Let the games begin!"

So---as we open up the door to this brand new season for the Arizona Cardinals---all I have to say to you my friends is: "Let The Games Begin!":newcards::band::cheers::D

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Nice post Walter!

Yes opening day takes me back to the early days as a Cards fan & I reflect on that each & every season. The sunny opening days at Busch Stadium, after a morning pretending in the front yard with my best bud I was Jim Bakken. We would place at ball in the St Augustine grass & take turns kicking the game winner thru our 30 foot pine trees, he as George Blanda (he was a Raiduhs fan) & me Jim Bakken. He would pump his arm like Snake Stabler throwing me a pass & I would drop back like Jimmy Hart with that little wiggle he had doing the same. He would hit Branch deep on a bomb, then I would reciprocate with a Hart to Gray 80 yarder.

Opening day is & will always be a special day in my heart for my beloved Big Red & the NFL, there's no sport like it on the planet. All teams are 0-0 & have aspirations of hoisting the Lomardi Trophy! I long for that day & am nervous each beginning of the season.

All I know is the Cards have the talent to compete for that title & serious question marks to also keep them from achieving that team goal. Today is special & all I have to say is...

Go Big Red:newcards:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I don't know who knows less about PI? Refs or Sherman!

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Freakin pumped up. I5 takes wayyyyy to long for the season to start.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2. I am worried about the opponent---it doesn't matter who it is---I respect them all

3. I don't think it is wise to make predictions, especially predicting the Cardinals to win.

4. I am afraid of the injury monster and feel like he is always lurking around my team.

5. I will not allow myself a SINGLE second to believe the Cardinals have won until the 4th quarter clock reads 0:00.

6. I will not answer the phone during the game.

9. I am going to eat something at half-time.
All these for me.

I never take any team for granted.

With the Cardinals lack of being able to finish off teams it always takes us to the last second of the game.

We have a bad habit of playing to level of our opponent and the game being close.

Cardiac Cardinals for sure.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
11. I am going to make my yearly resolution to love watching the Cardinals games the way I did when I was an 8 year old kid. I am going to try not to fight my way through the games all tied up in knots to the point where I wonder if I am really enjoying the game or not.

This is one I swear I'm going to try every year and totally fail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05