Like stealing a car

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
While going to college I was fortunate to be able to take a criminal law class. My instructor made a very god comment on first offenders. If someone is caught stealing a car, there is a good chance the individual stole a number of cars before he got caught. Being it was cocaine and not mere pot and taking this advise into consideration, it might be safe to say Boston does have a drug problem.

In justice to Boston. I will bring up another point, when Boston was dropping all those balls before his injuries prevented him from playing, it might have been of being under the stress of trying to deal with his drug problem. His parents seem to be good people and he might have been trying to do the right thing while his recieving skills suffered with the addiction on his mind and him not giving in to it.

Boston also is an athletic freak of nature but there are also certain parts of the body one cannot lift weights to build up that can take the stress of a 238 pound guy running in the 4.3s. Hence, maybe all the knee injuries a lot of these superior atheletes are having now. Boston also has a toe injury (called La Fraz??? sp? condition) which seems to never really go away for some atheletes.

I will look at the character issues as rumours unless I was really there in person, but Boston's potential drug problems and injuries are a red flag that very possibly could be true from facts we know.

Boston being from Texas, I was proud of what he could be as a Cardinal but he is no longer a Cardinal and I could care less of his career as a Charger. As a member of the human race, I do care about Boston's future as a person and hope he has a better future.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
While going to college I was fortunate to be able to take a criminal law class. My instructor made a very god comment on first offenders. If someone is caught stealing a car, there is a good chance the individual stole a number of cars before he got caught.

I don't really put much weight into this theory, furthermore I do not understand why you felt fortunate to be attending this class. This professor's teachings are basically going against the entire United States judicial process of "innocent until proven guilty".

If you are late to work one day for reasons out of your control would you like your employer to assume you are late everyday? By no means am I defending Boston, but it is too easy for us to make conclusions with the information we have read in the newspaper. There is a first time for everything we do and whether this was Boston's first time or not, he had his day in court and he only had to answer to this charge, not about anything from his past. Basically since there is no evidence to support a past drug abuse history I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt. It is now up to Boston if he wants to follow in the footsteps of Darryl Strawberry, Michael Irvin, Steve Howe or Nate Newton. Hopefully he has been scared straight and is clean and will stay that way.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
I don't really put much weight into this theory, furthermore I do not understand why you felt fortunate to be attending this class. This professor's teachings are basically going against the entire United States judicial process of "innocent until proven guilty".

No outside of the justice system, we are all allowed to assume what we want. I still think OJ was guilty even though he was proven innocent in a court of law. The facts remain: 1. Boston tested positive for cocaine and marijuana. 2. The police found a gram of cocaine in the back of the squad car. It is safe for us to assume the cocaine was Boston's cocaine.

I already knew he was using drugs through people I knew, almost a year before this happened. He is a clubber, and there are quite a few clubbers that use drugs such as cocaine, ecstasy, and weed. Boston's favorite stomping grounds in the Phoenix metro area included places like Sanctuary and Axis Radius, two places where rich people go to use drugs. From his arrest, we know he used (or uses) marijuana and cocaine. Through my source, I knew he was using ecstasy.

Another point that this raises: Jones, who reportedly broke his hand at Sanctuary, and hung out with a known drug user, was he also into the same things as Boston?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If you are late to work one day for reasons out of your control would you like your employer to assume you are late everyday? By no means am I defending Boston, but it is too easy for us to make conclusions with the information we have read in the newspaper. There is a first time for everything we do and whether this was Boston's first time or not, he had his day in court and he only had to answer to this charge, not about anything from his past. Basically since there is no evidence to support a past drug abuse history I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt. It is now up to Boston if he wants to follow in the footsteps of Darryl Strawberry, Michael Irvin, Steve Howe or Nate Newton. Hopefully he has been scared straight and is clean and will stay that way.

Ummm, being late for work and stealing a car are very different things all together. Basically, you are assuming the good in all people and that the car thief made one bad choice one day and stole a car but it was his first time doing so. That is simply having blinders on to criminal activity.

If your boss catches you arriving late one day, isn't it safe to assume he may think you are chronically late and this is just the one day he caught you? Alot of bosses may think that way.

You are essentially accepting that Boston smoked pot and did coke for the very first time the night he had his problems and anyone who has done drugs can tell you very few people are so unlucky they get busted their first time doing them.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
Ummm, being late for work and stealing a car are very different things all together. Basically, you are assuming the good in all people and that the car thief made one bad choice one day and stole a car but it was his first time doing so. That is simply having blinders on to criminal activity.

If your boss catches you arriving late one day, isn't it safe to assume he may think you are chronically late and this is just the one day he caught you? Alot of bosses may think that way.

You are essentially accepting that Boston smoked pot and did coke for the very first time the night he had his problems and anyone who has done drugs can tell you very few people are so unlucky they get busted their first time doing them.

As a person who has used drugs before and known probably over one hundred others, I would say that Ryan's post is quite naive. A 23 year old guy doesn't just get up one day and say "I think I will try cocaine". Boston obviously had used cocaine before.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
As a person who has used drugs before and known probably over one hundred others, I would say that Ryan's post is quite naive. A 23 year old guy doesn't just get up one day and say "I think I will try cocaine". Boston obviously had used cocaine before.
I am not being naive, I am speaking from personal experience. I was caught, busted and had to book thrown at me the very first time I ever tried drugs. I was stupid enough to purchase a batch of weed at school. Having never even tried it before. I received the same treatment that Boston got from the media from my parents, the school administrators and the police. They assumed I was a pot head, made me go to drug addiction group therapy, I had to submit to random drug tests, 10 whole ten yards. They even thought I was taking a drug dilluting solution when none of my pee tests ever came up positive. I didn't even get to try the stuff until I was well into college. So this sort of thing does happen. Am I saying that Boston never tried the stuff......NO!!! I was merely commenting that making assumptions is wrong if you don't have any proof. Was I as stupid as Boston...yes! I believe I am not only entitled to my opinion, but believe since I lived through a simular encounter I should not be called naive.

When you stop living under your parents and having your daddy stop buy your season tickets and join the real world maybe you can call me naive...but not today.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
I am not being naive, I am speaking from personal experience. I was caught, busted and had to book thrown at me the very first time I ever tried drugs. I was stupid enough to purchase a batch of weed at school. Having never even tried it before. I received the same treatment that Boston got from the media from my parents, the school administrators and the police. They assumed I was a pot head, made me go to drug addiction group therapy, I had to submit to random drug tests, 10 whole ten yards. They even thought I was taking a drug dilluting solution when none of my pee tests ever came up positive. I didn't even get to try the stuff until I was well into college. So this sort of thing does happen. Was I as stupid as Boston...yes! I believe I am not only entitled to my opinion, but believe since I lived through a simular encounter I should not be called naive.

When you stop living under your parents and having your daddy stop buy your season tickets and join the real world maybe you can call me naive...but not today.

Well then you are one in a million.

And what does my dad buying tickets have to do with anything, other than I go to games for free? You are being naive if you believe that PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

For every person that is caught their first time, there are thousands of others that use drugs for years without being caught.

Oh and by the way, I don't LIVE UNDER MY PARENTS. I live in Tempe and go to ASU. I now know what kind of a prick you are and will duly note that.:wave:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
And by-the-way.....I think you might need to go back and take a reading comprehension course, since I never said YOU were naive, I said YOUR post was naive.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22