Man of the Year: Rick Rubin

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Rubin brought Metallica back from the dead!!!!!!!

Man, Death Magnetic is a great album! I would put it right behind their first 4 albums in ranking.

AJFA
MOP
KEA
RTL
DM
TBA
SA
L
RL

This year has turned out to be a GREAT year for metal:

Opeth - Watershed
Motley Crue - SOLA
Metallica - DM
Megadeth - UA
Testament - FOD

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rubin brought Metallica back from the dead!!!!!!!

Man, Death Magnetic is a great album! I would put it right behind their first 4 albums in ranking.

AJFA
MOP
KEA
RTL
DM
TBA
SA
L
RL

This year has turned out to be a GREAT year for metal:

Opeth - Watershed
Motley Crue - SOLA
Metallica - DM
Megadeth - UA
Testament - FOD

Am I the only person that no idea what this is suppose to mean? I thought I had it figured out, kinda.. Till a single letter was typed.. like "L".. ok well P then.. lol wtf?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I the only person that no idea what this is suppose to mean? I thought I had it figured out, kinda.. Till a single letter was typed.. like "L".. ok well P then.. lol wtf?

load, reload, puppetts.

rick Rubin is awesome, havent heard the new metallica but he engineered all of the great slayer cds and all the horrible new ones.

Its in the musician, not the producer.

Metallica is aiming for guitar hero sales, thats why they got heavier.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
Death Magnetic has some fantastic songs on it. The mastering is total crap though. The "Loudness War" claims another victim here. No dynamics at all. Take a look at a .wav from one of the tunes, wow! It's one big brick of sound compressed and distorted to ****. I hope they come out with a properly mixed/mastered cd soon because the songs are pretty damn good!​

ndjmc

Do or Do not.
Reaction score
load, reload, puppetts.

rick Rubin is awesome, havent heard the new metallica but he engineered all of the great slayer cds and all the horrible new ones.

Its in the musician, not the producer.

Metallica is aiming for guitar hero sales, thats why they got heavier.

Rick Rubin is amazing, but is a producer and not an engineer and did not engineer any Slayer albums....Watch the Funky Monks movie if you really want to know what he does...Bruce Swedien is an engineer...;)

pogoowner

Reaction score
Death Magnetic is better than the piece of crap that was St. Anger, but it's far from a good album.