Max Scherzer put on the DL with a fatigue arm

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thankfully it seems that it is just some inflation and nothing structural. They're being rightfully cautious, the team said all along that they were going to carefully limit his innings this season.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
With the way they dicked him around with being a starter then the pen then hardly pitching at all, I blame team management.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
So whats the deal with Scherzer? I know he has been hurt and they are taking it slow, but will he be in the majors anytime soon? I wasted my #1 waiver (competitive 20t league) on him when he was called up. Just sitting on my bench with a big NA next to his name.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
With the way they dicked him around with being a starter then the pen then hardly pitching at all, I blame team management.
They bring up a young guy accustomed to his every-5th-day routine as a starter.

His D'backs ERA of 2.90 is second to only Haren's 2.72 among the starters. One bad start, all the rest excellent.

Then Bob Mediocre sends him to the bullpen as long relief, meaning he'll pitch with very little notice only when a starter gets bounced early.

Then he gets a sore arm.

I was very opinionated that Scherzer should have remained in the rotation when Doug Davis returned. Davis was, and is, much better equipped to cope with that role than a rookie starter.

Now do you see why I think that Bob Melvin is not only not helping this young roster? He's a danger to it.

Chris Young with an OBP under .300 and a batting average of .228 back to leadoff?

My god, get rid of Melvin before the whole team turns to jelly. :bang:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05