Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My wife's favorite show got axed, but apparently CBS is trying to pick it up

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My wife's too. And I don't mind it myself. Seems pretty well written, but I like circus peanuts, so I may not be the arbiter of taste.

When Chap said CBS always produced it, I was surprised. I didn't realize that the 'big' networks would produce something to be featured on a competitor.

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
CBS will be putting in the schedule on Fridays between Ghost Whisperer and Numbers.

Which seems like a good fit but I think it means that it will compete with air space for Friday Night Lights for those folks without Direct TV that have to wait for it to air on NBC.

Medium is one of my faves too; however I have been losing interest in GW and #s for the past season. GW went out there on the branch with "Not Dead Guy" and #s is getting to be the same dang storyline every week, I guess there are only so many FBI crimes you can solve with math. :)

Lord I watch too much TV....

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
My wife's too. And I don't mind it myself. Seems pretty well written, but I like circus peanuts, so I may not be the arbiter of taste.

When Chap said CBS always produced it, I was surprised. I didn't realize that the 'big' networks would produce something to be featured on a competitor.

Reaper is produced by ABC and on the CW, Fringe is produced by WB and is on Fox... that kind of stuff happens all over the place.

DiamondBacks5117

Registered
Reaction score
why would cbs produce it and than it go on NBC doesnt mase sence. Anyways I love this show I am really happy its going to be on another network and not be canned. Thanks for the news!

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why would cbs produce it and than it go on NBC doesnt mase sence. Anyways I love this show I am really happy its going to be on another network and not be canned. Thanks for the news!

Shows are produced. Shows are bought by the networks. Two different processes. CBS network has first dibs CBS produces. When they pass, the production arm still wants to make a profit so they sell it to the highest bidder.

You want to see something really nasty, look at all the lawsuits filed by point holders in network shows in which the networks sold to their cable affiliates on an underbid. David Duchovny had a humongous suit against Fox for that very reason (I never found it what happened ... assumed Fox bought him out of litigation).

Reaction score
Anyone sick of all of these networks canceling shows? No one watches shows anymore because they're just going to be canceled.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone sick of all of these networks canceling shows? No one watches shows anymore because they're just going to be canceled.

Medium hung on a lot longer than it should have. It drew just enough audience to ride the fence for two years.

In all honesty, the networks don't cancel shows based on artistic criteria. They cancel them because not enough people watch them. A news lead-in show has to pull at least an 8 share to draw merit. Medium was a high 6/low 7 kind of show on night any half-decent crap should draw an 8 for NBC.

So if you want to get upset at anyone, be upset at the people who flee to the reality programming. They've ended the late-hour drama as we know it for NBC.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So if you want to get upset at anyone, be upset at the people who flee to the reality programming. They've ended the late-hour drama as we know it for NBC.

I am mad, but have no outlet for my anger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05