Mike Sherman 2nd Interview Thread

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Profootballtalk.com

POSTED 12:39 p.m. EST, January 11, 2007

Sherman gets Cardinals job

Multiple league sources tell us that the Arizona Cardinals have selected Texans assistant Mike Sherman to be their next head coach.

More to come.

Multiple league sources tell us that the Arizona Cardinals have selected Texans assistant Mike Sherman to be their next head coach. It's not known whether a contract has been finalized, but the word is that Sherman is getting the job.

We'd previously heard that the Cardinals were planning to go with an offensive coach, and that Sherman was the favorite.

The Cardinals were primarily attracted by his experience. He coached the Packers from 2000 through 2005, and also was the General Manager for several seasons.

No coach has been with the franchise for more than six seasons, and the team has won only one postseason game since the Truman administration.

Sherman is the third straight Cardinals coach having recent experience with an NFC team. His predecessor, Dennis Green, coached the Vikings for more than nine seasons, and the guy before Green, Dave McGinnis, had been the defensive coordinator in Chicago.

The Cardinals' latest string of hires doesn't include a former Lions coach, since even the Cardinals aren't that desperate.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
Well, if it's true I'm not jumping up and down, but I am cautiously optimistic and hopeful he can find success here. He was my third or fourth choice, so I am not pumped up, nor am I despairing.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Profootballtalk = Zero Credibility.

They're more reliable than they used to be. But there was the Brett Favre is retiring rumor earlier this year that turned out be egg on the face.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D-Dog, please just accept it. You'll feel so much better. :D

I'll accept it and wish him well once he signs a contract.

Until then I will yell and scream and pray this doesn't happen.

IF he's hired, I hope to start the Welcome Mike Sherman thread.

Once hired, I'll be fully behind him. Until then, I'm dead set against him with far more attractive candidates on the table.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I'll accept it and wish him well once he signs a contract.

Until then I will yell and scream and pray this doesn't happen.

IF he's hired, I hope to start the Welcome Mike Sherman thread.

Once hired, I'll be fully behind him. Until then, I'm dead set against him with far more attractive candidates on the table.

Believe me, there is no 'short list' - he's it.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only because it's the Cardinals do I believe they've hired him.
With all of the exciting, fresh-perspective coaches available this year, only the Cardinals would hire Sherman.

I'm seriously depressed about this. I need psychiatric help.:(

Reaction score
Sherman is the third straight Cardinals coach having recent experience with an NFC team. His predecessor, Dennis Green, coached the Vikings for more than nine seasons, and the guy before Green, Dave McGinnis, had been the defensive coordinator in Chicago.
Does the above paragraph, especially bolded segment, give any indication of the integrity of PFT???

Last edited:

Red Hawk

JUST WIN!
Reaction score
From Profootballtalk.com

POSTED 12:39 p.m. EST, January 11, 2007

Sherman gets Cardinals job

Multiple league sources tell us that the Arizona Cardinals have selected Texans assistant Mike Sherman to be their next head coach.

More to come.

Multiple league sources tell us that the Arizona Cardinals have selected Texans assistant Mike Sherman to be their next head coach. It's not known whether a contract has been finalized, but the word is that Sherman is getting the job.

We'd previously heard that the Cardinals were planning to go with an offensive coach, and that Sherman was the favorite.

The Cardinals were primarily attracted by his experience. He coached the Packers from 2000 through 2005, and also was the General Manager for several seasons.

No coach has been with the franchise for more than six seasons, and the team has won only one postseason game since the Truman administration.

The Cardinals' latest string of hires doesn't include a former Lions coach, since even the Cardinals aren't that desperate.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
Anyone who quotes Pro Football Talk needs to be :banned: if not :hammer: or even :deadhorse2:

They are extremely :lame: they are generally :confused: and need psychological :help:

They have also been known to :self:

Last edited: