Votes: 1 1.4%

Votes: 14 19.7%

Votes: 34 47.9%

Votes: 21 29.6%

• Total voters

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Simple Question - what is the lowest amount of team wins in 2024 which you would consider a success?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Simple Question - what is the lowest amount of team wins in 2024 which you would consider a success?
All the varying possibilities aside...

Exactly how many wins it takes to make the playoffs.

I'm as positive as the next guy, but the goal of every season is to win the Lombardi..if you don't go to the dance you don't have a chance.

Doesn't mean there can't be a lot of positives in a 7 win season... but it's still a failure.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It's weird because I started with the question of "what would be a failure?" It feels like failure and success shouldn't be a binary, but we don't really consider a middle ground unless it's mediocrity.

I voted for 8 wins because doubling the previous season's win total should be considered a success in almost any book (not you, Panthers).

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To consider the season "successful" I think the Cardinals would have to make the playoffs. Otherwise it would just be called another year of rebuilding, which I don't think you can call successful. It would just be an improved season in that case. Not successful.

So I voted 9 wins to consider it successful with the hope that 9 wins is enough to land a wild card spot.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree, that doubling the win total to 8 would be considered mildly successful.
However, I do believe the FO has held back on spending, which is concerning after going full tank mode last year.
Not addressing the pass rush and a few other things, leads me to believe they view this as another rebuild season.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
To consider the season "successful" I think the Cardinals would have to make the playoffs. Otherwise it would just be called another year of rebuilding, which I don't think you can call successful. It would just be an improved season in that case. Not successful.

So I voted 9 wins to consider it successful with the hope that 9 wins is enough to land a wild card spot.
Exactly. Year two in a wide open conference and there's no excuse for not getting into the playoffs. They have baked-in excuses now after our ho-hum offseason, but I don't want to hear those excuses now. 9 wins it is. If 9 doesn't get us in, okay, I'll give them a bit of a break.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
8 wins imo. We are in a tough division. Would double win total. This would likely signal good all round growth of the team

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
To only improve the team’s win total by 1 game over two seasons would be pathetic.
Would show a degree of progress and put us in good position to fix the pash rush in the upcoming draft not to mention positioning in every round.

I’d rather be the surprise team in the NFL this year but I’ll be able to handle the outcome regardless with an eye on the future.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Would show a degree of progress and put us in good position to fix the pash rush in the upcoming draft not to mention positioning in every round.

I’d rather be the surprise team in the NFL this year but I’ll be able to handle the outcome regardless with an eye on the future.
We win five games and our coach and GM will be (or should be) near the door. That would be pathetic and unacceptable.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

This kind of cope before week one is certainly something

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We win five games and our coach and GM will be (or should be) near the door. That would be pathetic and unacceptable.
Definitely Monti. I am willing to see what the coaching staff can get out of this roster before putting them on the hot seat. There is a world where this team wins 5 games and I am both happy with the coaches but done with Monti.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Wow, K9 and Stout disagreeing with me

I’m stunned:biglaugh:
TBF...you are kinda viewing what would be close to the worst 3 year stretch in franchise history as progress. Winning games for some franchises is more importantly than trying to line up perfect timelines. This franchise is and has been a loser. It has been unstable. Winning games should be the priority.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I would be ok with 7 but I decided to focus on my own, undefined gauge of success. 6 or lower is a disappointment for me.
Looking at it game by game this looks like it should be achievable baring horrific injuries.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky