MLB looking into allegations against Wander Franco on social media (14-year old girl)

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There aren't a lot of details out there on this, which is crazy

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have tried to dive into this because the lack of information on this is wild.

This is the Dominican Republic where this all has occurred. The woman who is accusing him and claims to be 14 has a 2 year old child and when Franco wouldn't pay her, came forward with the request for money.

Furthermore, another user found a picture on Chevalier's Instagram account that showcases her driving and with a bottle of vodka. Those two things aren't for 14-year-olds to do. In fact, in the Dominican Republic, one must be at least 18 to drive and to have a car, which suggests that Chevalier is older or she obtained these things through illicit measures.

She has since purged her Instragram and removed all pictures of her baby, driving, and drinking.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have tried to dive into this because the lack of information on this is wild.

This is the Dominican Republic where this all has occurred. The woman who is accusing him and claims to be 14 has a 2 year old child and when Franco wouldn't pay her, came forward with the request for money.

She has since purged her Instragram and removed all pictures of her baby, driving, and drinking.
This is so weird, but it sounds like a possible money grab. If I was single again, and a woman had a kid and drank I don't think I would ask her for her ID for age verification.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is so weird, but it sounds like a possible money grab. If I was single again, and a woman had a kid and drank I don't think I would ask her for her ID for age verification.

Maybe it's been a 5-6 year relationship or a past relationship. She looks well past 18 now. So Franco is 22 so maybe when he was 16 he was dating a 14 year old?

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's been a 5-6 year relationship or a past relationship. She looks well past 18 now. So Franco is 22 so maybe when he was 16 he was dating a 14 year old?
Ah, didn't think of that. Great point.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which would not be illegal in most places

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how I missed this thread during the season. This is looking worse and worse as time goes on. I hope they catch him and protect the children involved.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is probably years in the making. Her recent instagram she is definitely not 14

I want to add that it doesn't matter if she is a child now or not. If he broke the laws of the DR then he needs to answer for that. If anything happened to my daughter when she was below the age of consent I would want that person to get what was coming to them.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way to screw up your life.

You could be a multi-millionaire.

Now, have fun in jail