Moana

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moana

Release date: November 23, 2016 (3D/2D theaters)
Studio: Walt Disney Animation Studios
Directors: John Musker, Ron Clements
MPAA Rating: PG (for peril, some scary images and brief thematic elements)
Screenwriter: Jared Bush
Genre: Comedy, Animation, Adventure

Starring: Dwayne Johnson, Auli’i Cravalho, Jemaine Clement, Rachel House, Temuera Morrison, Nicole Scherzinger, Alan Tudyk

Plot Summary: Three thousand years ago, the greatest sailors in the world voyaged across the vast Pacific, discovering the many islands of Oceania. But then, for a millennium, their voyages stopped – and no one knows why.

From Walt Disney Animation Studios comes Moana, a sweeping, CG-animated feature film about an adventurous teenager who sails out on a daring mission to save her people. During her journey, Moana (voice of Auli’i Cravalho) meets the once-mighty demigod Maui (voice of Dwayne Johnson), who guides her in her quest to become a master wayfinder. Together, they sail across the open ocean on an action-packed voyage, encountering enormous monsters and impossible odds, and along the way, Moana fulfills the ancient quest of her ancestors and discovers the one thing she’s always sought: her own identity.

You must be registered for see images attach

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of Disney's best in a very long time. Took my family to see this and they all loved it. John Lasseter has really made a huge impact in general with the animation divisions and his interjection of Pixar principles.

This was a great movie. Funny, touching and the visuals were fantastic.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of Disney's best in a very long time. Took my family to see this and they all loved it. John Lasseter has really made a huge impact in general with the animation divisions and his interjection of Pixar principles.

This was a great movie. Funny, touching and the visuals were fantastic.

Totally agree awesome movie. We took Lucy's 3 nieces from her sister, 19, 15 and 11, they all loved it. The 19 year old looks so much like Moana that after the movie they went home and were dressing her up like Moana.

Just a fun movie, we saw it in a smaller theater and the crowd just loved it

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I didn't like it nearly as much as I thought I would. After thinking about it a while, I think it's because of how they marketed the movie, rather than the movie itself.

It was HEAVILY marketed as a total buddy movie. I got really impatient, therefore, wondering when Maui was going to show up. I had a huge expectation that most of the movie was them on this great adventure, then it took a long time to get to that, and then then didn't stay together the whole time.

I'd probably like it a lot better on a second watch through.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took wife and granddaughter. We all loved it. Visuals and music were terrific!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22