Most disappointing season in NFL history

Slacker

Rookie
Reaction score
Can anyone name a more disappointing season ever? I can't think of one. Seriously.

This isn't a knock on anyone in the organization, but can anyone really thing of a team more disappointing than this one?

No coach, no coordingator, or no owner is going to make this team win.. ever. We are completely hopeless.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1999 was pretty disappointing..but yes this is in the top 2

In 99, we at least got back to 6-6 before the wheels fell off. No way this team pulls off something similar.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
I'd agree with 99, because we were coming off the playoff win. Expectations were high.

They were high this year too, but I'd say a lot of us knew that this was coming. I didn't think it would be THIS bad though.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Can anyone name a more disappointing season ever? I can't think of one. Seriously.

This isn't a knock on anyone in the organization, but can anyone really thing of a team more disappointing than this one?

No coach, no coordingator, or no owner is going to make this team win.. ever. We are completely hopeless.

I think I agree. Maybe tomorrow I will remember one worse. We can point to all sorts of game problems but we have a problem much deeper. We lack a management team and a vision. It starts with the owners and goes to the the GM which we do not even have and then down to the coaches. They are all inept. If this were a stock company then all of management and the board of directors would be fired. Changing a player or adding a player is not going to turn this mess around. We cannot fire the owners but they sure can fire every one on the coaching staff and install a GM who understands foot ball and how to hire coaches.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The crazy thing is we have genuinely talented players on the field. Most truly crappy, crappy teams dont have that.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
The crazy thing is we have genuinely talented players on the field. Most truly crappy, crappy teams dont have that.

Agreed it is attitude. And unfortunately the bad attitude is spreading amongst the team.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Second year Buddy ball.

No this is worse. We all knew that Ryan was a maniac and could go off the deep end at any time, which he did. We all knew that Tobin and McGinnis were hamstrung by the Bidwills cash flow problems. This debacle with all the problems of the past resolved is far and away the worst.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
No this is worse. We all knew that Ryan was a maniac and could go off the deep end at any time, which he did. We all knew that Tobin and McGinnis were hamstrung by the Bidwills cash flow problems. This debacle with all the problems of the past resolved is far and away the worst.

I'll call it a tie if you want, but with an 8-8 finish for Buddy Ball year one, combined with fatso's assurances that he'd cut out all the cancer and that Buddy Ball, once rid of all the impurities from the Bugel days would provide the winner in town, you can't beat the collosal disappointment of the 4-12 season that resulted. Down the MNF massacre against the Cowboys. The Steve Bono touchdown run, arguably the worst defensive play in NFL history. This isn't worse than that. Even on a day like today which has pulverized every last hope we had for this team.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'll call it a tie if you want, but with an 8-8 finish for Buddy Ball year one, combined with fatso's assurances that he'd cut out all the cancer and that Buddy Ball, once rid of all the impurities from the Bugel days would provide the winner in town, you can't beat the collosal disappointment of the 4-12 season that resulted. Down the MNF massacre against the Cowboys. The Steve Bono touchdown run, arguably the worst defensive play in NFL history. This isn't worse than that. Even on a day like today which has pulverized every last hope we had for this team.

You may be right for most people but I'd had guys who played for the Jets when Ryan was a coach tell me that eventually he would implode and he did. So '95 wasn't unexpected for me.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score

True. What we need is truly crappy, crappy players so at least our faith won't be crushed after the pre-season. :)

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
It would be tough to be the most disapointing in NFL history since many folks forget the cardinals even are part of the NFL.

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Heh, this will be my first full year as a Cardinals fan ...I can really pick 'em can't I?

*Although, I did see some of the 2004 and the 2005 seasons.

artp

Registered
Reaction score
1999 Cardinals, with this team a close second. The 99 Cardinals were supposed to be a Playoff team. You are not supposed to make the Playoffs one year and totally collapse the next.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05