My experience with "Eagle fan"

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Over the years, I have encountered quit a few Eagles fans in the wild (aka at sports bars). Here is what to look for if you would like to observe this creature:

-5 foot 8 overweight man with a goatee
-Heavily worn Eagles replica jersey with permanent stains (finger food war-wounds)
-Tommy Hilfiger Cargo shorts
-untied basketball shoes
-An incredibly big mouth
- A breathalyzer score of over .28

If you see any of these fans at UoP on Sunday, please let them know that they are not at home any more

I took a lot of heat from a group of about 30 these punks while walking into the Christmas game a couple of years ago. Let them know that things have changed

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Timm, you truly hate ANYONE who is not a Cards fan. I love it!!

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Over the years, I have encountered quit a few Eagles fans in the wild (aka at sports bars). Here is what to look for if you would like to observe this creature:

-Heavily worn Eagles replica jersey with permanent stains (finger food war-wounds)
-untied basketball shoes
-An incredibly big mouth

If you see any of these fans at UoP on Sunday, please let them know that they are not at home any more

I took a lot of heat from a group of about 30 these punks while walking into the Christmas day game a couple of years ago. Let them know that things have changed

I'll be at my brothers for the party with dozens of them and you got the description totally wrong........Their abour 6'2-6'4.

The rest you have right!

DubDotDUBBY

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

-untied basketball shoes
-An incredibly big mouth

I took a lot of heat from a group of about 30 these punks while walking into the Christmas day game a couple of years ago. Let them know that things have changed

real football fans :D

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, that's right.

I don't know what you call fans that have watched the team for 20-30-40 years (or much more), pretty much losing all the time, and yet they are still here, still hopeful, still looking forward to cheering on their team every year.

That's right, so when do the Eagles fans face that test? Because until then, they haven't seen REAL ADVERSITY. Until then, how can you call yourself fans at all?

Someone can claim that they can be a lawyer, but you have to pass the test first. For Eagles fans, you have to TAKE the test first.

If they moved to San Jose, would you still root for them, and then to say Las Vegas, would you still root for them? Well we have fans who have done the equivalent of that.

Kind of a high standard, I know, but it's only brought up when others foolishly do so.

So again, what do Eagles fans have adversity wise to show them they are true fans against us Cardinals fans? A few down years in between some great ones? Puhleeze. You guys have had it easy compared to us.

How many Eagles fans are bandwagon fans seeing how they've made 5 nfc championships this decade. I mean how risky is it to root for a team like that. The funny thing is, not even the cards have choked that hard.

Last edited:

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Eagles fans are by far the worst I've encountered in an away stadium - arrogant A holes - I'd like to say we should treat them the same on Sunday - but I have more class than that and so do the rest of the Cards fans.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eagles fans are by far the worst I've encountered in an away stadium - arrogant A holes - I'd like to say we should treat them the same on Sunday - but I have more class than that and so do the rest of the Cards fans.

I've been to a few and never had an issue. Of course I've lived near Philly all my life and I guess you dont notice anything that an outsider would lol

They are passionate and that i respect about them.

Reaction score
Cliches are only useful up to the point they become stereotypes; then they become substitutes for thought and reasoning. Iam an Eagle's fan. I'm 6' 180, have a FULL beard and would never, EVER wear any player's jersey, retro or not. I've always wanted to walk up to an overweight, short, middleaged, white woman wearing #81 and violently shake her hand while saying: "T.O.! What a pleasure. I finally get to meet you in person!" While Eagles fans haven't QUITE faced the adversity of Cardinal or Lion fans, we run a close 3rd. We are SICK of every discussion with a Cowboy or Giant fan ending with: "Oh yeah? And how many Superbowls have the EAGLES won?" To say that folks who have been waiting 48 years for a championship are clueless to hard times asfans, is to indulge in self pity. Save it for those Dallas fans who sincerely believe that the Cowboys should win a SB EVERY YEAR! Good luck on Sunday!

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I'm sorry but in terms of suffering, if that is the gauge of who deserves this game more, then we're good to go because we're not in the same league as Eagles fans.

Steelers fans are to Eagles fans as ............... are to Cardinal fans has no real answer it's a trick question, wonk wonk wonk, you lose.

We own deserving this, it's not even close.

Given all that, dosen't matter, the players play, we cheer, the NFL can be a cruel mistress etc.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Plus...

A larger than expected percentage of Eagle fans tend to be women...

And an unusually high number of those women tend to have excess facial hair.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sorry but in terms of suffering, if that is the gauge of who deserves this game more, then we're good to go because we're not in the same league as Eagles fans.

Steelers fans are to Eagles fans as ............... are to Cardinal fans has no real answer it's a trick question, wonk wonk wonk, you lose.

We own deserving this, it's not even close.

Given all that, dosen't matter, the players play, we cheer, the NFL can be a cruel mistress etc.

We have it all over them. Only Cubs fans can talk to us about futility.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A larger than expected percentage of Eagle fans tend to be women...

And an unusually high number of those women tend to have excess facial hair.

My wife the Eagle fan will appreciate this post...She likes the Cards too so not all bad.

Reaction score
"I'm sorry but in terms of suffering, if that is the gauge of who deserves this game more, then we're good to go because we're not in the same league as Eagles fans."

Except one thing my friend, MOST fans do not follow just one sport. Most of us are phillies fans. Until this year the D Backs in 9 seasons had as many World Series wins as the Phillies in 125 years. In 94 years the Phils had won EXACTLY ONE World Series game. They went from 1917 until 1948, not just without a championship, or even a penant....they wentthose 31 years without even a WINNING SEASON!!! Match THAT! The DBacks won in their 4th year. A RECORD. The Phils won their 1st WS after NINETY 4 years. In 4 major sports we had not had a championship of ANY kind in 25 years. That's 100 non-title seasons. So in terms of facing ADVERSITY, we are no strangers to it.

Oh and BTW, don't expect Donovan to turn the ball over SIX times!

Last edited:

Chris54s

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Are you serious? We had the longest streak for a city with four teams not to win a championship. It's a Eagles town, mostly, and they have never won.

I'll be honest, you guys have fans?

Last edited:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Except one thing my friend, MOST fans do not follow just one sport. Most of us are phillies fans. Until this year the D Backs in 9 seasons had as many World Series wins as the Phillies in 125 years. In 94 years the Phils had won EXACTLY ONE World Series game. They went from 1917 until 1948, not just without a championship, or even a penant....they wentthose 31 years without even a WINNING SEASON!!! Match THAT! The DBacks won in their 4th year. A RECORD. The Phils won their 1st WS after NINETY 4 years. In 4 major sports we had not had a championship of ANY kind in 25 years. That's 100 non-title seasons. So in terms of facing ADVERSITY, we are no strangers to it.

The unified sports karma theory?

Um, no.

It dosen't work that way, see the team with the most points wins the game unless it's even then it's a TIE..... which in this case CAN'T happen so someone will win.

You might want to review that concept with you know who..... :)

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We won't need to.

But different sports are different sports. We might as well compares someone with an A in P.E., but an F in Biology. Or maybe a better one, an A in Math, but a F in Government. Just because one does good, doesn't mean the other one isn't bad in it's own right.

Aside from that, although there are many Arizona Cardinal fans, or fans since they moved here, there are also a lot of Cardinal fans from St. Louis area, and Chicago area who no doubt like the St. Louis baseball cardinals, cubs, whitesox, etc. There are plenty of people on this board who like the Cards, but when you see their posts on say the Suns section of this board, they cheer for say the Lakers.

Also the Flyers have 2 Stanley Cups in the 70's.

You also have to remember how often the Cards were below-to far below Eagles in the standings what seemed year after year in the NFC east. (At least since I started being a fan)

If you guys had a bad year, you could say, well at least we had 2-3 wins more than the Cardinals. Most of your bad years, we were a whole level of suckiness or two below you.

We could talk about 1917-1948 for the Phillies. But anyone around to watch those 31 years of futility have no doubt passed on, save half of a percent probably. You'd have to be over 102 years old if you were 10 years old and following them in 1917. It is an important part of Phillies history, no doubt, but since then you guys have had a couple of championships, including this year.

76ers, 3 championships, one in 82-83

So in my lifetime of 30 years. Your city has accumulated 1 Nba title and 2 World Series. If you add in the 3 years before I was born, you would include 2 Stanley Cups. That's 5 titles in 33 years. An average of one every 6.5 years. That's not bad. That's rather good.

Then you throw in this is your 5th NFC championship game this decade. That's a pretty good sports scene. There have some lean years, ofc, but one title in a major sport once every 6.5 years is great.

Phoenix?
0 Coyotes in 12 years
1 Diamondbacks in 11 years
0 Cardinals in 20 years
0 Suns in 40 years

Number in last 40 years - 1
Total -1

But again, that's if you want to compare and lump all of a cities titles in.

Each team has it's own identity. It's a different sport, has different fans (even if there is major overlap, but less here for the Cards), and last I checked McNabb doesn't get a WS ring, so although he might be happy as a fan of another Philadelphia sports team, it doesn't affect the outcome of his sports team.

Personally I am a Suns fan. Although we haven't won a championship, and Lakers fans LOVE to push their gigantic title count against ours, we've had a great run.
(which for being compared to the Lakers, is like having steelers, giants, jets, ravens, patriots, etc totals all added up and placed against your Eagles zero, is worse than a team saying they have 1-3 Superbowl wins and you have zero).

The Suns have had.
17 Fifty win seasons in 40 years is stellar. Six division championships (in Lakers division). Made it to the finals twice. 28 out of 40 years in the NBA playoffs (which is quite a bit easier with so many playoff teams, but a stellar mark nonetheless). 13 Consecutive playoff appearances between (and including) the 1988-89 season through 2000-2001 season. Lost to the Celtics in 76 and Jordan's Bulls in '93.

Overall I'd be a fool to say, oh as a Suns fan, we've had it rough. No way. We've been blessed, even though we've had no championship.

If you think Eagles fans are the equivalent of the nerd in school (because you guys supposedly had it so rough). Well the cardinals have been the drooling, dumb, smelly kid that was picked on by the nerds. (All the slightly downtrodden teams).

Finally once again though, even though no championship, 5 nfc championship games in one decade, you guys aren't downtrodden no more, you guys in this decade, will be considered one of the elite teams.

We point to our 1925, 1947 championships. The 1925 is debatable. But you guys have 1948 (beat us), 1949, and 1960.

If in 2019, if I can sit here, and talk about how the Cards made it to four more championship after this one, I wouldn't say we've had a rough go, I'd say we've had a very good run. Even then you forget the Buddy Ryan years, Randall Cunningham, etc. Hell you guys even had 'Invincible' made. Those were lean years, but even during some of the Eagles worst times, you got something good to show of it.

In a sense you've had it so good, you forgot how bad things can be.

Here's the years you guys (eagles) went to the playoffs
1947, 1948, 1949, 1960, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008

Here's ours (cards)
NFL: 1947, 1948, 1974, 1975, 1982, 1998, 2008

Cards
Record Since 1988
122-214-0

Eagles
Record Since 1988
193-141-2

See a little difference there? Hell 17 years out of my 30 years of living you guys have made the playoffs.

Of course this isn't going to determine who wins, and overall I would agree that I'd rather see the Eagles win then say the Giants or definitely the Cowboys, when you compare Cards versus Eagles, it isn't even close. If you compare cities, you guys have still won 5 championships to our 1 in the past 33 years.

Good luck though, and of course I understand defending your team, but people sometimes overlook the numbers.

Also last championship
Phoenix (with all 4 sports)
7 years, couple of months. (If we follow the Philly 6.5 year model we're due :) )
Philly
couple of months

I didn't even mention how people perceive us. If you asked 10 random sports fans from 50 states (say last year) about the Cardinals, you'd probably have 400 people laugh, 1 person who says they are their favorite, 50 people say...you mean St. Louis Cardinals?, and another 49 be gentle about how bad we sucked. What would the same 500 say about the Eagles? Exactly.

Last edited:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
We won't need to.

But different sports are different sports. We might as well compares someone with an A in P.E., but an F in Biology. Or maybe a better one, an A in Math, but a F in Government. Just because one does good, doesn't mean the other one isn't bad in it's own right.

Aside from that, although there are many Arizona Cardinal fans, or fans since they moved here, there are also a lot of Cardinal fans from St. Louis area, and Chicago area who no doubt like the St. Louis baseball cardinals, cubs, whitesox, etc. There are plenty of people on this board who like the Cards, but when you see their posts on say the Suns section of this board, they cheer for say the Lakers.

Also the Flyers have 2 Stanley Cups in the 70's.

You also have to remember how often the Cards were below-to far below Eagles in the standings what seemed year after year in the NFC east. (At least since I started being a fan)

If you guys had a bad year, you could say, well at least we had 2-3 wins more than the Cardinals. Most of your bad years, we were a whole level of suckiness or two below you.

We could talk about 1917-1948 for the Phillies. But anyone around to watch those 31 years of futility have no doubt passed on, save half of a percent probably. You'd have to be over 102 years old if you were 10 years old and following them in 1917. It is an important part of Phillies history, no doubt, but since then you guys have had a couple of championships, including this year.

76ers, 3 championships, one in 82-83

So in my lifetime of 30 years. Your city has accumulated 1 Nba title and 2 World Series. If you add in the 3 years before I was born, you would include 2 Stanley Cups. That's 5 titles in 33 years. An average of one every 6.5 years. That's not bad. That's rather good.

Then you throw in this is your 5th NFC championship game this decade. That's a pretty good sports scene. There have some lean years, ofc, but one title in a major sport once every 6.5 years is great.

Phoenix?
0 Coyotes in 12 years
1 Diamondbacks in 11 years
0 Cardinals in 20 years
0 Suns in 40 years

Number in last 40 years - 1
Total -1

But again, that's if you want to compare and lump all of a cities titles in.

Each team has it's own identity. It's a different sport, has different fans (even if there is major overlap, but less here for the Cards), and last I checked McNabb doesn't get a WS ring, so although he might be happy as a fan of another Philadelphia sports team, it doesn't affect the outcome of his sports team.

Personally I am a Suns fan. Although we haven't won a championship, and Lakers fans LOVE to push their gigantic title count against ours, we've had a great run.
(which for being compared to the Lakers, is like having steelers, giants, jets, ravens, patriots, etc totals all added up and placed against your Eagles zero, is worse than a team saying they have 1-3 Superbowl wins and you have zero).

The Suns have had.
17 Fifty win seasons in 40 years is stellar. Six division championships (in Lakers division). Made it to the finals twice. 28 out of 40 years in the NBA playoffs (which is quite a bit easier with so many playoff teams, but a stellar mark nonetheless). 13 Consecutive playoff appearances between (and including) the 1988-89 season through 2000-2001 season. Lost to the Celtics in 76 and Jordan's Bulls in '93.

Overall I'd be a fool to say, oh as a Suns fan, we've had it rough. No way. We've been blessed, even though we've had no championship.

If you think Eagles fans are the equivalent of the nerd in school (because you guys supposedly had it so rough). Well the cardinals have been the drooling, dumb, smelly kid that was picked on by the nerds. (All the slightly downtrodden teams).

Finally once again though, even though no championship, 5 nfc championship games in one decade, you guys aren't downtrodden no more, you guys in this decade, will be considered one of the elite teams.

We point to our 1925, 1947 championships. The 1925 is debatable. But you guys have 1948 (beat us), 1949, and 1960.

If in 2019, if I can sit here, and talk about how the Cards made it to four more championship after this one, I wouldn't say we've had a rough go, I'd say we've had a very good run. Even then you forget the Buddy Ryan years, Randall Cunningham, etc. Hell you guys even had 'Invincible' made. Those were lean years, but even during some of the Eagles worst times, you got something good to show of it.

In a sense you've had it so good, you forgot how bad things can be.

Here's the years you guys (eagles) went to the playoffs
1947, 1948, 1949, 1960, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008

Here's ours (cards)
NFL: 1947, 1948, 1974, 1975, 1982, 1998, 2008

Cards
Record Since 1988
122-214-0

Eagles
Record Since 1988
193-141-2

See a little difference there? Hell 17 years out of my 30 years of living you guys have made the playoffs.

Of course this isn't going to determine who wins, and overall I would agree that I'd rather see the Eagles win then say the Giants or definitely the Cowboys, when you compare Cards versus Eagles, it isn't even close. If you compare cities, you guys have still won 5 championships to our 1 in the past 33 years.

Good luck though, and of course I understand defending your team, but people sometimes overlook the numbers.

Also last championship
Phoenix (with all 4 sports)
7 years, couple of months. (If we follow the Philly 6.5 year model we're due :) )
Philly
couple of months

I didn't even mention how people perceive us. If you asked 10 random sports fans from 50 states (say last year) about the Cardinals, you'd probably have 400 people laugh, 1 person who says they are their favorite, 50 people say...you mean St. Louis Cardinals?, and another 49 be gentle about how bad we sucked. What would the same 500 say about the Eagles? Exactly.

Owned!!!

Nice post.

Reaction score
This thread is ridiculous. "Our team has sucked more than yours!" Seriously, is that what you want to argue? :|

Last edited:

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Now I call that a pathetic attempt. C'mon, at least show you are an eagle thats alive, not an eagle who is falling from the sky while dying in midair 1000 feet up.

Cards have had a pathetic history. (Why Eagles fans would even try to compare it to us is hilarious)

But the fanbase? You got me on that one. 6 minutes to sell out this game. You sure know your facts.

So now that you guys don't deserve it more because of losing, does that mean we deserve it more?

Yeah we have fans, and you'll see them on tv this Sunday.

OK, you win, the Cardinals have. LOL>

Get used to saying that.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its amazing what winning will do. Where were the fans when you were losing? I used to live there. There were but a few.

You answered your own question. You used to live in Phoenix and yet you weren't a fan of the Cards. So don't critize those of us who have remained loyal to them.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I'm a Cardinal baseball fan, we take craps that have more championship potential than the Phillies roster usually has.

So you wanna talk smack comming out of a dismal sports town like Philly?

Your best sports hero is a fictional character and they make movies about your punt returners.

You are losers and will be stuffed screaming back into the loser box you came out of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05