Nash To IR!?!

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Scott Bordow from the EV Trib was on the Duece this morning reporting in on his weekend trip to Denver and he said that there is great concern about Nash's injured hamstring among the Sun's brass. After Nash asked not to play in the 4th quarter Sunday, there were discussions and serious consideration will be given to placing him on the IR now to get him rest and time to heal.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Fine with me he does need some time off and I would like it to be now instead of later in the season before the playoffs.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Yea. I heard that too.

Supposedly if he is hurting tonight against the Clips they will put him on IR.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would also like to see how this team plays without Steve Nash now that they have a couple more players coming off the bench and Barbosa healthy.

Joe

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be willing to part with the Chicago pick and perhaps change for a young experienced back-up PG although, in my opinion, the Suns really need a physical big man up front to win a title. Look at what the Sonics have done with just Evans and Fortson.

I would like to cure at least one of the two problems in some manner before the trading deadline.

The Chicago pick is really starting to drop in value anyway.

Give Nash some rest before the playoffs.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Nash is weaker than tissue paper this season. I think he only went on the IR once before he came to Phoenix.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Nash is weaker than tissue paper this season. I think he only went on the IR once before he came to Phoenix.

But his minutes have never been this high. I think that's the main cause of the problems.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
elindholm said:

But his minutes have never been this high. I think that's the main cause of the problems.

He's been averaging 33-34 for the last 4 years. He's averaging 34 this year.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
He's been averaging 33-34 for the last 4 years. He's averaging 34 this year.

Yeah, after making that post, I double-checked and saw I was wrong. I almost took it down, but I figured I'd give someone else the pleasure of correcting me instead.

Technically, they are higher this year -- 0.1 mpg over his career high. But that's not what I meant. :p

OP
OP
N

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
I would also like to see how this team plays without Steve Nash now that they have a couple more players coming off the bench and Barbosa healthy.

Agreed.

Maybe before the IR, they could shave 8-12 minutes per game from Nash and see what happens.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
JPlay said:

What are you talking about? He's been amazingly durable considering all the pounding he takes and all the running he does.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Point guard Steve Nash didn't practice Tuesday because of a nagging hamstring injury, but D'Antoni said Nash will play vs. the Clippers, who last lost seven straight.

"It's not 100 percent, but it hasn't been for a while, so we'll just see how it goes," Nash said. "The schedule kind of opens up for a few days, so hopefully I can recover."
Looks like D'Antoni is planning to play Nash tonight against Clips. This is from Repulsive...
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0223suns0223.html

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My dream would be to rest him for seven games or so and still have 5-7 or 6-7 record. I'd rather just rest him for this game..or at least not start him..

sunsfn

Reaction score
This would be a good game to rest Nash. It is the clippers (although they always play us tough), and It is another 3 days before they play Dallas, so a good rest for him.

At least they should not play him many minutes tonight.

jibikao

Reaction score
What?

What happened to Nash in that all-star game?!!! :confused:

Can somebody explain to me? Nash was injured??

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
jibikao said:
Can somebody explain to me? Nash was injured??

No, but it was revealed that he has been hampered by a troubled hamstring for the past few weeks.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well.. unfortunately Nash isnt playing tonight.....Baborsa starting in his place... Look for Jackson to pick-up the slack.......

myrondizzo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
why does everyone hate Barbosa so much? he has look pretty good in limited minutes here lately. he just has a different style of play. i think his passing skills are getting better. his first mentor was marbury so he picked up his style of play now that nash is here im sure he will start to shape his game after nash's with a little practice.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
myrondizzo said:
why does everyone hate Barbosa so much? he has look pretty good in limited minutes here lately. he just has a different style of play. i think his passing skills are getting better. his first mentor was marbury so he picked up his style of play now that nash is here im sure he will start to shape his game after nash's with a little practice.

several of us, including myself, have said in the past and especially the last little while that Barbosa isn't a point guard. Perhaps I didn't look hard enough, but I couldn't find anyone "hating" Barbosa in this thread.

Joe

myrondizzo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
several of us, including myself, have said in the past and especially the last little while that Barbosa isn't a point guard. Perhaps I didn't look hard enough, but I couldn't find anyone "hating" Barbosa in this thread.

Joe
i guess that depends on your definition of point guard. there is a lot of trades to get that "backup PG" when most of the time what we end up getting in return is not much (if any) of an upgrade to barbosa. sure he doesn't run the game the as good as nash does but i don't there is anyone in the league that could. so there is always going to be a drop off when nash goes to the bench. i kinda like the style change when barbosa comes in the other team has to change there game plan completely. i love his defense and he is just as quick down the floor with the ball so he doesnt slow the pace down any and he is still very young and i thnk he has the potential to be a great PG I think that first half a season with marbury might have hurt his game a little but he might have been a slashing to the basket pg before he came into the league so i dont know.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
i guess that depends on your definition of point guard.

For most people, I think the definition includes the ability to get more than two assists in 36 minutes, especially on a team full of scorers. And tonight was hardly the first time that Barbosa has put up that kind of statistic. On the season, he has almost as many turnovers as assists.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05