NFC Preview ( Hey Jeff where is your Quotes thread?)

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We must get out of the gate well this year. We cannot afford a slow start, or we will get all the negative press thrown down our throats.

Some jerk on NFL.Com said:
NFC Preview, and I won't name He Who Must Not Be Named
By Gregg Easterbrook
Special to NFL.com

Arizona: It's 1 o'clock Sunday afternoon, do you know who the Arizona quarterback is? Last season, his first in the desert, Dennis Green vacillated among three starters -- Josh McCown, Shaun King and John Navarre. This year, Kurt Warner is expected behind center on opening day, making it four different starting quarterbacks in a span of about a dozen games. That's turmoil, to put things mildly. Despite Arizona's shaky quarterback situation, in his first two drafts, Green has taken first-round passes on Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, J.P. Losman and Aaron Rodgers -- at least a couple of whom are likely to be long-term NFL starters. There was quarterback chaos under Green in Minnesota too, with Daunte Culpepper, Randall Cunningham, Rich Gannon, Jeff George, Brad Johnson, Jim McMahon, Warren Moon and Sean Salisbury taking turns under Green's tenure. It's almost as if when Green finally found Culpepper, the sort of steady star who can be a long-term presence, the coach figured the time had come to leave town and seek some other team with quarterback instability.
Judging by the question marks in so many aspects of the Arizona roster -- unsettled offensive line, rookie corners, a cast of unknowns at tight end -- it's hard not to predict another long season for this club. But then it's always hard not to predict a long season for the Cards, who have just one playoff victory in the last 58 years. Jason Schlueter of Portola Hills, Calif., was among many readers to point out this report in the prestigious science journal Nature. Two British researchers concluded that "across a range of sports, wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning." As Mike Florio has quipped, they obviously did not include the Arizona Cardinals in the study!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Gregg Easterbrook (who's a columnist for Tuesday Morning Quarterback, the funniest football column this side of Bill Simmons) is pretty funny. Was there anything wrong or below the belt about what he said? He said something bad about every single team in the NFC in that column. The only team he expects to do well is the Pats. :shrug:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
We must get out of the gate well this year. We cannot afford a slow start, or we will get all the negative press thrown down our throats.

Just do what I do. Whenever someone says to me that the Cardinals are terrible I look at them like they're crazy and say:

"What are you talking about? They were in the World Series last year, have a 12 game lead in their division this year and have one of the best players on the planet in Albert Pujols."

Drives them nuts.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
Just do what I do. Whenever someone says to me that the Cardinals are terrible I look at them like they're crazy and say:

"What are you talking about? They were in the World Series last year, have a 12 game lead in their division this year and have one of the best players on the planet in Albert Pujols."

Drives them nuts.
baseball?
BASEBALL????
BASEBALL???!!!!

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Gregg Easterbrook (who's a columnist for Tuesday Morning Quarterback, the funniest football column this side of Bill Simmons) is pretty funny. Was there anything wrong or below the belt about what he said? He said something bad about every single team in the NFC in that column. The only team he expects to do well is the Pats. :shrug:

Bump.

Here's a link...I love reading this column every week:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8869519

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky